[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to make a good Dragon Ball live action movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: fucking disgusting.jpg (153 KB, 1066x512) Image search: [Google]
fucking disgusting.jpg
153 KB, 1066x512
Why is it so hard to make a good Dragon Ball live action movies, when capeshit movies are just as crazy but somehow work?
>>
>>64562054
Because Dragon Ball is retarded.
>>
>>64562054
Because Dragonballs is based off Chinese cartoons while Superhero movies are originated in class mid-century literature.
>>
File: 1436829570362s.jpg (6 KB, 200x168) Image search: [Google]
1436829570362s.jpg
6 KB, 200x168
>>64562081
>>64562099
Get the fuck out
>>
Man of Steel was a pretty good Dragonball Z movie
>>
>>64562054
Because Dragonball Z sucks ass to begin with. But your autism allows you to enjoy it in 'toon form.
>>
>>64562054
its not hard, no movie is impossible to make. Nor is it impossible to make a good version of whatever it would be. The people involved just royally fucked up or didnt care enough.
>>
>>64562054
Because the matrix revolutions and man of steel already did the best dbz fights you could achieve and people hated it.
>>
>>64562054
Because the Dragon Ball series is 95% filler episodes and finding a script writer that is willing to watch all that shit and write a slimmer core story is never going to happen. Your best bet would be finding someone that was already a fan and had seen them already, the problem is that anyone who grew up watching this was probably influenced by it's story telling and can't write for shit. So you're asking a studio to spend time and money to scour the earth finding that one precious Dragon Ball fan that is also a competent writer.
>>
File: 2.png (45 KB, 367x182) Image search: [Google]
2.png
45 KB, 367x182
>>64562081
>>64562099
>>64562163
Hi, latino here, I assume most of you guys are americans and only watched the american dub versions of dragon ball.

I gotta tell you i've seen some clips on youtube of the american version and boy do i get what you're saying, the voice actors are terrible, the voices don't match the character appearance and the edited soundtrack is totally off with theme of the anime.

Now you're thinking i'm a weaboo that only watched the jap version but you're wrong, I watched the latin american version of dbz and everything about it made it great, even now that i'm 24 i can go back and watch them and it feels good, the suspension building is amazing, the music really sets the tone for the scenes and the dialogues are fluent.

I never liked the jap version because I didn't like the fact that as an adult, Goku still talked like a retarded child.

So yes dragon ball is retarded, when dubbed in america, so i don't hate you for thinking it's retarded, but understand, it's your own fault.
>>
>>64562363
>shitskin
>likes DBZ

Color me surprised
>>
>>64562081
>>64562099
>>64562163
When did 4chan get overtaken by fucking 12 year olds?
>>
>>64562516
About 6 years ago.
>>
thing is you would absolutely have to start at the saiyan saga but that would mean a lot of back story shit would have to be crammed down peoples throats like why goku and piccolo hate each other.

some of it too fantastical such as king kai. good look adapting that shit to normies.

oozaru would have to go immediately. fuck that.

also, whether you want to accept it or not, goku would have to be played by a white guy. i think thats a terrible fucking tragedy but to do well and sell tickets some white guy needs to be goku. reality of the situation.
>>
No capeshit movie has even come close to having the charm and humor of Dragon ball.

When someone does inevitably make a Hollywood adaptation it's just going to be another cookie cutter, cgi snore-fest, like all the other capeshit flooding the market.
>>
>>64562363
>I gotta tell you i've seen some clips on youtube of the american version and boy do i get what you're saying, the voice actors are terrible, the voices don't match the character appearance and the edited soun

>I never liked the jap version because I didn't like the fact that as an adult, Goku still talked like a retarded child

So the original sucks and the English version sucks.

>but guys my experience with the latino version was great which makes it pretty awesome.

Then get some Mexin/South American movie studio to make this garbage.
>>
File: 133898194138.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
133898194138.png
22 KB, 645x773
>tfw you will never see a live action goku vs frieza
>or gohan defeating cell with a one-armed kamehameha
>>
>>64562516
12 year olds makes up most of BBZ's fan base, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>64562600
Goku is never said to be asian, he's not even human, so I'm fine with a white guy playing him.
>>
>>64562152
Mfw toriyama retconned goku's origin with Z to plagiarize superman
>>
>>64562712
true but white guys in gi's or whatever looks goofy as shit because in your head you know this actor is some white dude wearing clearly asian style clothes.
>>
>>64562709
Are you serious? Kids now hate good cartoons and anime and rather watch shit that is on Disney Channel.
>>
File: goku_hair_by_joshsonic8-d7pwjt3.jpg (174 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
goku_hair_by_joshsonic8-d7pwjt3.jpg
174 KB, 1024x576
Hollywood's got the flying
Hollywood's got the fights
Hollywood's got special attacks

The one thing they don't have, is how to make this into a live action movie without looking ridiculous as shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM20wwzl4Ds
>>
It'd be easy to adapt. I've looked into it. The Sayain Saga is an easy 130 minute adaptation. Freeza is too. Cell might need to be two movies. Lot of ground to cover from the Arrival of Trunks to Cell Games. Buu is the bitch to adapt. Fat Buu would look so stupid in real life.
>>
Because Hollywood still can't into Asian leads (with a few rare exceptions).
>>
File: kid goku.png (914 KB, 2775x3300) Image search: [Google]
kid goku.png
914 KB, 2775x3300
Literally all they need is a good child actor

A mostly-comedy-with-good-action-sequences movie telling Kid Goku's story would be god tier

Even Bulma's hair color wouldn't look that out of place because she's a teenage girl then
>>
>>64563068
Would they still have loli Chi Chi?

Dammit I'm no pedo and hate loli shit but young Chi Chi is the only underage ani.e girl O find incredibly sexy.

Bad dick stop it.
>>
File: db56-22.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
db56-22.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
I'd pay good money just to see a halfway decent adaptation of the Penguin Village arc.
>>
>>64563177
Ew pls no nerdy purple hair bitch.
>>
>>64563068
>>64563177
It would have to be DBZ. That's where the autism money is at and they know it
>>
>>64563243

>dbz

Great way to begin a franchise when 9/10 of the main characters, the physics/logic of the world, and the humor/aesthetic that gets lost in the season long battle scenes have all already been established.

Nobody who didn't grow up watching DBZ would give two shits about adult Goku without first being introduced to the original Dragonball world.
>>
>>64563352
>Nobody who didn't grow up watching DBZ would give two shits about adult Goku without first being introduced to the original Dragonball world.

This, They would have to start at Dragonball. Not necessarily the beginning though.
>>
>>64562600
If Rocket Raccoon can work then so could King Kai played by Danny Devito
>>
>>64562363
can confirm

latin american version is god-tier.
>>
Other than Goku being a high school teenager, what was wrong with Evolution?
>>
>>64564617

>how to get guaranteed replies and make sure your thread isn't drowned out by the sw spam
>>
>>64562801
>le born in wrong generation hat
>>
>>64564617
There are good moments in Evolution.
But the movie as a whole is lazy as fuck with bad dialogue and shitty acting for the most part. The final battle is a letdown.
Chatwin honestly looked the part of a younger teenage Goku when he put on the gi.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.