[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never seen a thread on this one, what did people think? My feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: earl.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
earl.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
Never seen a thread on this one, what did people think?

My feels were not ready for this film ;..;.
>>
>>64557424
Enjoyable film. The book was pretty good as well.
>>
Relentlessly inauthentic. I understand that the film is about an insufferable character denying his own identity, but that doesn't mean the film can't have its own identity, consistently and unironically. By my count the film contained two genuine moments: Earl talking to Rachel like a human being, free of Greg's sarcasm and cultural references; and Greg's mom watching him leave for prom.
>>
File: 1197356_Olivia Cooke.jpg (75 KB, 636x383) Image search: [Google]
1197356_Olivia Cooke.jpg
75 KB, 636x383
I cried like a little bitch. My poor sickfu...

His movie at the end was pure trash tho.
>>
Please tell me the girl died of a BBC overdose.
>>
>>64557424
Too 'kitschy' and relatively inauthentic. It brought it home in the end though, with the projector scene, so that's okay really. Wasn't bad, wasn't as good as I was led to believe

>Olivia Cooke

MY DICK
>>
>>64557424
out of all the dying girl movies this one is the best.
>>
File: bates motel.png (651 KB, 627x415) Image search: [Google]
bates motel.png
651 KB, 627x415
>>64557424
Oh, this is out now? Sweet, will watch soon.

If any Sickfu-fags are in here, how did S3 of Bates Motel actually end? Dropped it when that Peltz skank returned.
>>
Why does Olivia Cook always portray sick girls? ;_;
>>
>>64557772
She has AIDS irl.
>>
>>64557424
Watched it for Based Nick Offerman. Really liked it though.
>>
I have not seen this movie. I have, however, seen Now is Good, 50/50, A Fault in Our Stars and Restless, and I am a fan of the woman dying of cancer movie genre. The reason I didn't watch this movie is because it has got a person of African descent in it, and to me personally, that is unacceptable. Is the movie any good?
>>
>>64557857
You should watch Terms of Endearment and A Walk To Remember. Those are essential dying whorecore.
>>
>>64557700
>It brought it home in the end though, with the projector scene

'Scuse me, there's something in my eye.

Beautiful scene, with the Brian Eno music and all but I wish Greg's movie had been more than some stop motion esoteric junk. Still the look on Rachel's face at how happy she was that someone actually made the effort for her...
>>
>>64557903
Thank you for the recommendation. I have never seen A Walk to Remember and it looks like an excellent movie.
>>
>>64557800
lmao
>>
>>64557424
Felt really uncomfortable at how accepting she was of the black dude. I was afraid she gets blacked eventually.
>>
>>64557424
>Watching movies about people dying

If I wanted to watch people dying I'd go to Ethiopia
>>
>>64558739
The black dude is not real you idiot
>>
>>64558778
There is a special pleasure in watching white women die in an overly maudlin manner, and I could not get that in Ethiopia.
>>
>>64558936
What do you mean? I may not have watched it until the very end.
>>
Enjoyable. That scene where the two watch the film at the hospital with that music was beautiful. Specially cause of the music.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.