[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>number of jedi before RotJ: 2 (3 if you count Anakin) >number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg (99 KB, 300x472) Image search: [Google]
ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg
99 KB, 300x472
>number of jedi before RotJ: 2 (3 if you count Anakin)
>number of jedi after RotJ: 1

How exactly was this the "Return of the Jedi"?
>>
>Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be.
>>
The moment Luke threw his lightsaber down he became full Jedi. There were none till that point.
>>
>>64556743
>>64556774
Nevertheless, the net amount of Jedi was still the same before and after the events of the film. They should have just called it "Replacement of the Jedi".
>>
>>64556698
anakin ceased being a jedi when he became vader. Yoda and ben are dead so they don't count.

The title means the return of anakin as a jedi and the new order like will establish as a jedi
>>
>>64556946
You're a dense one aren't you senpai. Obi Wan was dead and Yoda sure as hell wasn't a jedi anymore, especially after dying. Luke was the actual return of the jedi, as they were supposed to be. Unfortunately TFA fucks this premise up since Luke is still the last jedi so the jedi hardly returned.
>>
>>64556698
Sith are like negative jedi. So the balance of jedi jumped from 0 to 1.
>>
>>64556946
The Jedi are a group, it does not matter which individuals compose it. As long as at least 1 Jedi is the official continuation of the Jedi and they go someplace other Jedi left, the Jedi have returned to that place.
>>
File: 1451259698037.gif (2 MB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
1451259698037.gif
2 MB, 530x300
>>64556743
>>64557064
>>64557046

OP's horrible thread just gone BTFO by pretty simple logic,
>No Jedi, b/c Yoda's dead, Luke isn't ready
>Vader is a sith, not Jedi
ROTJ Luke chooses to become a Jedi when he doesn't turn to the darkside, as does Anakin even if it's just for a few moments.
>>
>>64556946
>The net amount of Jedi
But did you think about the midichlorian count?
>>
Luke says "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." Anakin never actually fully completed his training, so it's safe to assume that you don't have to be fully trained to be considered a Jedi (although you won't be a Jedi knight/master). And, while he was still alive, Yoda was still a Jedi even if he didn't have his lightsaber.

>>64557136
This is a valid explanation though.
>>
I liked when Yoda said that Luke needed to defeat Vader to become a jedi.
I imagined that every padawan needed to complete some great task before he official became a jedi.
Later it turned out they just needed to complete a 3 year course in reflecting remote blasts.
>>
>>64556698
>For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

The moment Obi-Wan and Yoda went into hiding and gave up honoring their codex and embracing their role as peacekeepers there were no more Jedi.
With Luke trying to overthrow the empire the Jedi returned.
>>
>>64557335

Anakin was a fully trained Jedi Knight and even had an apprentice of his own. He just wasn't a Jedi MASTER.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.