[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /tv/ consensus on this? THREAD THEME: http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: review[1].jpg (138 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
review[1].jpg
138 KB, 1500x1000
What's the /tv/ consensus on this?

THREAD THEME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55RlP6fiTBc
>>
i dunno what the consensus is but i thought it was pretty good desu

i was a little irritated by how much they altered the real story, but i guess you'd really have to to make it viable as a 2 and a half hour film. still, it took a really compelling and interesting tale of unfulfilled vengeance and turned it into a fairly cookie-cutter plot. it was beautiful though, really captured the harshness of the nature around where they filmed
>>
Name a more irritating accent than Tom Hardy's in this.
>>
>>64556618
Bane
>>
>>64556618
any australian person
>>
It was beautifully shot, I don't think I've seen a more aesthetically pleasing film.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYj2g1T79dY&src_vid=VNc55CFufl0&annotation_id=d6973e5e-0ca8-4bd5-82d3-698da255c7d4&feature=cards
>>
>>64556506
MOTY for me.
>>
>these plebs didn't even see it a month ago
old news it was bad but a few scenes were good.
>>
>>64556678
Absolutely this, but it was just generally quite a good movie. Thought Tom Hardy was terrific, Leo was good as well. I'd have suggested it might get some awards, but generally speaking the movies I like get shit.
>>
>ambient music
>sweeping shots of comfy landscape

What's not to love?
>>
It was a very well made film, I thought Di Caprio's performance was exaggerated, Hardy's performance was perfect, some of the scenes really have me wondering how they pulled it off, the landscape is gorgeous and beautifully shot, but the movie drags on at times. I thought it could've had better pacing in the first part, but the second act and conclusion redeemed the film for me

Best cinematography for sure
>>
>>64556506

GOAT soundtrack
>>
Malick for the low-IQ imdb crowd.
>>
>>64556874
>nature shots
>must be Malick

who's low-IQ here, exactly? the only scenes that even remotely resembled a malick film were the dream sequences
>>
>>64556874

Low test beta faggot detected
>>
Hey I'm making a movie called The Revenant and it's really good because it's about like survival and man vs nature and stuff and it's going to have really good cinematography by that guy who did the dinosaur movie and it'll be artistic because I'll cut to shots of nature when there's intense stuff happening to show how epic nature is like omg and I'm going to shoot it in long takes because all the best directors do it and I'm one of those great directors like Tarkovsky because I'm going to have the mother levitating like in Mirror and it'll be really dreamlike and cool because the camera isn't on a tripod and it's like that guy who did the dinosaur movie where it's all flowing and beautiful but I'm going to make it violent and cool by having close ups so extreme that Leo's breath gets on the lens and I'm making everything super violent like Tarantino epic I know right but it'll be serious and it'll show how man are animals and how we're worse than the savages because we cut people's hands off and stuff but that's not all because it'll have super deep philosophy and there'll be a monologue where God is a squirrel and he gets killed and eaten because god is dead and we have killed him you know like Neechy but only super deep thinkers will get it like me god damn it I'm so smart
>>
Leo's performance was inspiring
>>
File: youshois.jpg (23 KB, 233x318) Image search: [Google]
youshois.jpg
23 KB, 233x318
>>64557022
>>
>>64557022
obvious b8 but here's my reply anyway
>>
>>64557022

REPLIED
>>
>>64557022
PLEBS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
Like watching Jeremiah Johnson fan fiction. Also that final shot where he looks at the camera was just fucking retarded.
>>
Hardy BTFO Leo without even trying. It was pathetic.
>>
Say I watch it on my laptop... is this so bad?
>>
>>64557447

Not ideal, it should be an experience, but it is still worth seeing, even if you watch it on a phone.
>>
>>64556618
that was funny as shit actually
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.