[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shannara Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 480x730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 480x730
I like it so far fäms

No waifus yet thou
>>
>>64554868
someone post Baquero ass
>>
>>64555146

I dont know any actors besides Crixus and te main guy from the one episode of Carrie Diaries ai masturbated to fäm
>>
>>64555146
All I could focus on any time she was on screen.
>>
>braids
For what purpose?
>>
File: 1451625582883.jpg (156 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1451625582883.jpg
156 KB, 800x800
>>64555423

pretty simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCRWxw0M1sw
>>
>>64554868

that looks like black people hair

this is very problematic

I thought MTV was better than this
>>
>>64555727

Its not. They air segments from blacked.com and call it news
>>
Did they cut out the Objectivism?
>>
>>64555727
That's like saying no one can wear french twist unless you're french. who cares?
>>
>>64555916

french aren't an oppressed people

so nobody cares who wears their hair
>>
>>64555916
People who care about """cultural appropriation""" care.
>>
File: kylie-and-amandla.jpg (143 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
kylie-and-amandla.jpg
143 KB, 600x640
>>64555916

all I knows is that if Kylie Jenner said something about police brutality and racism it would stop some random white cop from shooting a black kid!!
>>
>>64555974
Viking women had dreadlocks.

Cultural appropriation is bullshit. If someone isn't aware of how exactly a style they like takes a role in a certain culture, then that is an opportunity to educate them more about your culture, and give them a deeper appreciation for the style and its meaning.

So am I not allowed to cook gumbo with okra because it is based on an old African slave recipe?
>>
File: ivana.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
ivana.jpg
179 KB, 1080x1080
>>64555146

I prefer the front
>>
File: 7365525.jpg (72 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
7365525.jpg
72 KB, 684x513
Amberle is my elf-fu
>>
>>64555974
You aren't oppressed either, why the fuck are you complaining about something that no one else is?
>>
File: Ivana Baquero.png (811 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Ivana Baquero.png
811 KB, 640x640
>>64556040
The back is fine too
>>
The only appeal of the book series was the weird post-apocalyptic reveal and explanation of the different human-like races. The aesthetic (desolate ruins of modern cities reclaimed by nature) of the TV series is about the only interesting part.

Also revealing that Gimli's dog is the changeling at the beginning of the series was poor writing
>>
Is there homosex, implied or otherwise
>>
File: 1445110156050.gif (474 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1445110156050.gif
474 KB, 188x174
>>64556212
>>
>>64556258
Nope. Pure cisgender and patriarchal societies so far. The main character being a half-breed in a world of racial purity and the elf princess being the first woman 'chosen' are the only unorthodox plot points.
>>
Is the book series targeting teen girls or something?
>>
>>64556386
not really, but it was Tolkien-lite with more romance arcs. I guess MTV thought they could pull the demographic of YAs so it would not directly compete with Game of Thrones
>>
>>64556095

>black people
>not oppressed

what about slavery?
police brutality?
the government making us all poor?
>>
>>64556224
I agree.

Book of the New Sun pulls "this isn't fantasy it is actually a very post-apocalyptic Earth" off much better.
>>
>>64556543
What does that have to do with you? You're white yet you're crying.
White guilt faggots are the main problem when it comes to shilt like this
>>
>>64555916
>>64556095

Look, you're right and everything but you're white and I'm black so please stop because somehow it's racist or something and because as a black woman, I've learned that I can silence any and all criticism by playing the race card and reminding everyone that I have a vagina, but that it's not for sex, but simply to give me the authority to shut down all criticism valid or otherwise.
>>
>>64556543
>Slavery
Most people's ancestors were slaves at some point. You were never a slave, neither were your parents or grandparents. Forcing others who had nothing to do with their ancestor's oppression of you should not need to apologize
>Police brutality
Is happening to all races. In the town I was raised in a black cop shot an unarmed, naked white kid who was tripping out on LSD, but not harming anyone. Just streaking on the local university campus while ranting about whatever he was hallucinating.

The cop said he thought the boy was "hiding a weapon" [where, up his asshole? The kid was naked] and fired multiple shots into him.
>Government making us poor
As someone who was born in one of the poorest states and moved out and made a career for myself without any affirmative action, I'd say depending on the government to make you emerge from poverty in this cutthroat capitalism society is your fallacy.
>>
>>64554868
>girls can _____ too!
dropped
>>
The elf boy is so yummy. I want to lick his butthole
>>
>>64557305

gonna need pics, pham
>>
>>64557102

>this one thing happened to some white kid!
>lets act like there arent millions more white people in the country so the odds of something happening to them isnt higher!!
>lets act like black people dont have a higher chance of being arrested for stupid shit vs a white person
your thing is all bullshit
>>
>>64557501
https://youtu.be/5-rnl2dU3_k

seriously though, black people just don't know how to behave.
https://youtu.be/yJU3GhyF4e4
>>
>Crixus said "you know it to be true"
Enough for me
>>
>>64554868
They turned it into some teen fiction tier setting with weird soundtrack. Dropped.
>>
>>64557501
Black people commit more crime per capita. Little fucking wonder cops act more suspicious towards them. I'm sorry reality triggers you but sooner or later you're going to have to deal with it.
>>
>>64556543
>the government making us all poor?
Funny enough, Asian boatpeople who came over with nothing but the fucking shirts on there back in a generation obtained wealth?

By working there asses off. I work 55 hours a week and they make me look lazy.

So no, your actions make you poor, not muh government.
>>
Hold on, could Crixus be Will's real father? And that aunt of the princess her mum? This show is obvious fan fiction of Star Wars/LOTR.
>>
>>64559446
There's an argument to be made that the government could exacerbate the situation by continually funding the gibsmedat welfare and creating a permanent and growing underclass.
>>
>>64559539
That fair enough, but that trying to keep all poor people down, not just blacks. Same with not teaching basic life skills like understanding how credit works or how to balance a home budget/checkbook.
>>
How did a discussion about a show for teens basically LotR-lite get derailed into a conversation about racism and privilege?
>>
>>64554868
>No waifus yet thou
i thought the blonde servant elf was a qt
>>
>>64554868
holy shit this show is a feminist wet dream

i am 30 min in and so far it is pure shit
>>
>>64559956
I watched like 5 minutes of it after Teen Wolf and had to change the channel
>>
>>64554868
It is honestly bad.
CGI and effects are good but the rest is plain terrible.
It looks like a CW show, and that's not a good sign: everyone aside Crixus is so young, pretty, boring and clean. Whatever they are at a ball or in the middle of a battlefield their dresses are clean, shiny, their hair perfect and so does makeup.
The dialogues are Twilight level, the OST is some sort of modern day pop music, what the hell. Basically it's Gossip Girl meets Hunger Games meets Game of Thrones.
The pointed ears are laughable.
>>
The plot so far is almost a beat for beat knock off of Star Wars, only set in a post apocalyptic/LOTR setting.

The girls are qt tho, guess I'll watch for that and Crixus too.
>>
the books are literally for tweens

I enjoyed them at 13 but trying to re-read them at 20 I couldn't take it
>>
It's not bad so far. I was extremely wary to try it out because of the shitty network, but I was surprised to see the production values are actually quite good. And there's a few good actors in it, along with the young nobodies. It's generic sure, but the books were too from my understanding (I read the Sword of Shannara, not this one, and that one was generic).

The first half had some really choppy editing plus that whole silly running the gauntlet thing. It's obviously pandering, and it sometimes has dumb dialogue that is too modern. Plus those shitty modern rock inserts. But it's also competently made enough, and fun enough that I'll keep watching.
>>
watched 3 episodes. there are not too much niggers in it. so far so good
>>
If I liked Legend of the Seeker, will I enjoy this?
>>
It looks and feels like a shitty Hunger Games TV show with elves in it
>>
>>64561748
>mfw all the boards on 4chan are now as racist as /b/ + /pol/

i
>>
>>64562662
yfw I use tomorrow

i
>>
Downloaded the first 2 episodes to see how shit a show that positions itself as a "GoT killer" truly is. Turns out - pretty fucking shit. In fact it's so terrible - it's actually good, all you have to do is pretend that it's satire. The writing especially - probably some of the least self-aware generic fantasy drivel I've heard in a good while, hilarious stuff.
I've never read the books, but judging by the show - Harry Potter would seem like high-brow literature in comparison.
>>
>>64562260
It has a lot of similar elements in the story. In terms of the actual tone of the show though, it's less the camp of something like LoS and more the teen drama of something on CW. So you might like it I guess depending on how you feel about that.
>>
The books were shit. Is the show any good?
>>
>>64555912
That's Sword of Truth, senpai. The show was Legend of the Seeker and it had no objectivism.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.