[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Aronofsky's best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Is this Aronofsky's best?
>>
Should have stuck with one setting, the spanish sequences were pretty
>>
The Wrestler easily is, and most others are mediocre.
>>
>>64553428
existential-core
>>
Spick Jackman sequences were great. Space Jackman was trippy. Bitch Jackman was a drag. Guh we get your wife's dying get over it.
>>
File: Whatdreamsposter.jpg (21 KB, 255x379) Image search: [Google]
Whatdreamsposter.jpg
21 KB, 255x379
>>64553536
forgot pic
>>
>>64553512
What did you like most about The Wrestler, anon? I thought protagonist was pretty relatable, since so many humans are forced to face such grim chores day after day.

>>64553536
What other movies would you put into the category of "existential-core"?
>>
>>64553719
Being John Malkovich
American Psycho
The Breakfast Club
Vanilla Sky

Not really great choices, but you get the idea.

Any movie that deals with the question.
>>
>>64553428
His worst tbch

His best is Pi
>>
>>64553428
Took me three viewings to appreciate it. I really love it now.

The Wrestler is still his best. Absolutely flawless. 10/10
>>
>>64554349
Thank you for your response. "Any movie that deals with the question." The question of what, in particular? I do not mean to frustrate you, I am only interested in your perspective. :)
>>
>>64554732
The answers simple anon. The questions of, "Why am I?" "What's the point?"
>>
>>64553428
The fountain is the most underrated movie in recent history, as far as im concerned
>>
The sequence when he reaches Xibalba is pretty good
>>
>>64553512
Crap

I was going to come in here and agree with OP, but you are right The Wrestler takes it, The Fountain is super close number 2 (better soundtrack).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.