[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bela Tarr’s The Turin Horse isn’t funny at all but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Armond King Of Tv.jpg (48 KB, 296x278) Image search: [Google]
Armond King Of Tv.jpg
48 KB, 296x278
>Bela Tarr’s The Turin Horse isn’t funny at all but it sure is laughable. What is laughable is festival-circuit panegyrics that praise The Turin Horse as “total” cinema (I guess because it isn’t recognizable as anything except “cinema” at its least revealing).

>Yet fest-circuit-whores pull out their quota of references–Beckett repeatedly. But why must Tarr be Beckett? I liked him for being Tarr–circling and panning and traveling with his camera in ways that critics forgot Raoul Walsh, Michael Curtiz, Andrei Tarkovsky and Max Ophuls had already done. Van Gogh’s The Potato Eaters open my adolescent eyes to the world; Tarr’s potatoes simply make me hungry for French fries.

>It’s providential that The Turin Horse opens in the U.S. after Spielberg’s War Horse. Pseuds will prefer the European opus because it’s baffling. The sophomoric insistence that mystery and negativity are deeper than clarity and feeling satisfies moviegoers who forgot the basic–essential–glories of cinema. They reject Spielberg’s mammal-witness to mankind’s inhumanity for nihilistic European pretense.

>What makes this pompous attitude unacceptable is that in sheer visual terms, Spielberg and Janusz Kaminski’s imagery is superior: evocative and stirring while Tarr (employing Sontag pet Fred Kelemen) uses drab b&w without the textual depth and frisculating light of his previous cinematographers Gabor Medvigy and Rob Tregenza

>Once again, Spielberg’s ecumenical view is held against him in favor of atheist nihilism. How sensible is this? No Fun which pseuds regard as High Art.

Has this man EVER been wrong?
>>
turin horse is probably tarr self-suicide by extrapolating and distilling his own unique ideology - a warning of solitude

it's good movie because armond white is correct about it
>>
>king of /tv/ is black

Oh lord.
>>
white is always wrong
>>
Problem with Armond is the same as the goat fucker joke - 9/10 he'll be bang on, then he'll declare Adam Sandler as the great American surrealist and superior to Fincher.
>>
>>64551328
9/10 is generous, but he'll generally have opinions that are least respectable, but then... yeah.
>>
>>64551328
>>64551384
he's a memer you dips
>>
>regularly shits all over directors for being flaming liberals
>loves flaming communist Jean-Luc Godard
Armond is a meme critic.
>>
>>64551548
He likes his authenticity and sincerity, not his ideals
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWrjJZR6PfE
>>
>>64551548
>doesn't understand paradoxes or dialectic thinking

Plebshit
>>
>>64551595
>snide critic complaining about snobbery and snarky comments
>pulling race card while talking about discussion and debate

Duck this guy
>>
File: 1437965845345.jpg (47 KB, 342x319) Image search: [Google]
1437965845345.jpg
47 KB, 342x319
>>64551595
>I know my shit and they know I know my shit
>>
>>64551595
playing the race card like this? armond I'm disappointed
>>
>>64551588
It's still pretty ridiculous that whenever a director Armond doesn't like makes a liberal film Armond will relentlessly shit on it for promoting liberal ideology but when Godard makes a film that's infinitely more liberal Armond gives it a pass.
>>
>>64551828
This isn't the first time Armond has done this kind of hypocritical bullshit. When Ebert called Armond a troll Armond responded with "Criticizing colleagues is not what we do" even though Armond had criticized his colleagues countless times before Ebert called him out.
>>
File: p.png (96 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
p.png
96 KB, 396x385
>>64550908
>shit on Bela Tarr to score hipster cred
>>
>>64552200
based armond
>>
>>64551828
>>64551755

Have you ever seen how left-wingers respond to Conservative blacks like Armond?

If a black guy breaks their precious mold of all black people being liberals they're suddenly uppity blacks and 'house negroes'.
>>
>>64550908
He's absolutely right about War Horse.
>>
File: 1440196861280.png (539 KB, 517x397) Image search: [Google]
1440196861280.png
539 KB, 517x397
>Tarr’s potatoes simply make me hungry for French fries.
Gets me everytime
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.