[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Luis Bunuel films? I've seen Un Chien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: bunuel.gif (309 KB, 526x657) Image search: [Google]
bunuel.gif
309 KB, 526x657
Where do I start with Luis Bunuel films?
I've seen Un Chien Andalou but that's it. I'd like to see other feature films of his.
I have some beer to help me sit through.
>>
I just started watching Bunuel last night with Beauty of the Day and don't regret it.
>>
Los Olvidados
The Externinating Angel
Viridiana
Belle de Jour
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
>>
The trilogy Simon of the Desert/The Exterminating Angel/Viridiana
>>
Nazarín and Él
>>
La vía láctea
>>
>>64549487
>>64549515
Kek
>>
something light like the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie or something heavy like Belle Du Jour. those are probably his least complex films
>>
Can you guys tell me what appeal do you find in his films?
They don't make much sense and are pretty hard to watch.
I'm not saying anything bad with that, opposite actually, I would like to hear what you like about it that could possibly change the way I can seen his films.
>>
Just watch That Obscure Object of Desire and fap to the titties
>>
We have similar eyes
>>
>>64549379

Bunuel films are fun even without beer, you should watch either Simon or The Exterminating Angel next. Discreet Charm might go over your head a few places on your first watch but all of his films have rewatch ability.
>>
>>64549551
i think the absurdism in some of his films is funny. They can be quite transgressive especially compared with the stuff of the times they were made. but i'd say that since they don't take themselves too seriously its easy to have a laugh while enjoying something cerebral and erotic
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1916x1036) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1916x1036
>>64549583
A bit like the guy from Wendy's scene in Mulholland Dr.?
>>
>>64549379
Mexican period
Comedies with hints of surrealism
>Él
>Ensayo de un crimen

Surrealist
>El ángel exterminador
>Simón del desierto

Drama
>Los olvidados
>Abismos de pasión

Second European period
Dreamy dramas
>Belle de jour
>Tristana

Surrealist
>Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie
>Le fantôme de la liberté

You can start with any of those it depends on what you want to see, most early mexican Buñuel films are pretty average I guess you can start with the second european period
>>
File: 150px-André_Breton.jpg (5 KB, 150x191) Image search: [Google]
150px-André_Breton.jpg
5 KB, 150x191
DUDE SURREALISM LMAO
>>
Los Olvidados
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.