[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The prequels were shit! PlebRedditMedia told me so! Watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1387843638155s.jpg (7 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1387843638155s.jpg
7 KB, 250x238
>The prequels were shit! PlebRedditMedia told me so! Watch this 3 hour long autistic nitpicking Plunkett review that doesn't have any arguments of substance as proof they suck! I need people to form opinions for me because at the end of the day I'm a mouthbreathing retard!

When are redditors going to stop with this bullshit argument? You can literally make the same overly long autistic review nitpicking everything about the original trilogy to explain why they're shit. Hell you can do that about any fucking movie and reddit would probably go along with it. The prequels are objectively good films. RotS is by far the best in the series. These are facts. Deal with it.
>>
The prequels were overall bland and poorly acted.

Pod Racing was pretty gangster though.
>>
I know, right? I just marathoned RotS with my wife and her son and he simply adored the movie.
>>
They are entertaining films, and that's mostly just because of the visuals.

The prequels have some pretty bad acting and dialogue
>>
>>64547986
The Phantom Menace is my favorite star wars movie.
>>
>>64547986

the meme needs to die, they weren't terrible, just not very good
>>
>>64547986
prequels are waisted potential: the trilogy. i want a damn remake
>>
>/tv/ now hates the Plinkett reviews

What happened?
>>
>>64548097
Patritian
>>
>>64548554
It's the Cycle of Contrarian in effect.
>>
>>64548554
Cause he got popular with le reddit also Max Landis and so on
>>
The prequels are flawed, but anyone who claims they ruined the series have serious autism. The problem is that they were made as a backstory rather than a story. The OT is just a story about Luke becoming a Jedi and Han/Leia/the rebels fighting the Empire. The PT tries to set up so many things that it becomes too heavy on dialogue and politics. Lucas probably realised this, which is why he threw so many lightsaber battles in them to make them more exciting.
>>
>>64547986
>>The prequels were shit! PlebRedditMedia told me so!

I dont need someone to tell me the prequels were shit. I knew that watching them. The only ones who don't think they are shit, are people that were children when they came out.
>>
>>64547986
I agree with you. This rlm faggotry is annoying, these are literal who retards that this board obsesses over. It's beyond pathetic.
>>
>>64548024
>Pod Racing was pretty gangster though

Really? I watched that movie yesterday. I have not seen it since it came out so I tried to watch it with an open mind but the podracing scene was probably the most cringy thing in the whole movie.
>>
>>64547986
>PlebRedditMedia told me so!

This makes me wonder how young people on /tv/ are. The prequels were some of the most hated movies in history long before Red Letter Media even existed. People have been hating on these movies since they came out.
>>
File: chadpepe.jpg (74 KB, 744x483) Image search: [Google]
chadpepe.jpg
74 KB, 744x483
>>64548743
>>64548796

This tbqh familia
>>
>>64547986
>The prequels are objectively good films. RotS is by far the best in the series
Nice OPINIONS you've got there.
Keep them to yourself next time. This isn't plebbit.
>>
>TFA comes out
>it's livejournal fanfic tier trash
>people now start treating prequels as if they didn't suck, even though they're only passable compared to TFA

enough
>>
I don't understand why TFA being shit magically makes the prequels not shit. The prequels were more entertaining than TFA, yeah, but now everyone is placing III or I or even II above VII. They're equal at best.
>>
>>64547986
There are two ways to view the prequel trilogy: one as a fan of cinema and one as a fan of Star Wars (but we can extend the latter to include all "lel im such a nerd xD" types).

Cinema fans:
>"Wow! Lucas's myth-building in these movies is excellent! He has managed to pioneer a developing technology into something deeply artistic and singular! Not only has Lucas crafted a forward-thinking yet completely original universe, he's also managed to connect it to the human identity and our ethos."

Star Wars fans"
>"LMAO DUDE WTF MIDICHLORIANS THIS IS FUCKING SHIT WTFFFFF WHY IS HIS LIGHT SABER GREEN HAN SHOT FIRST"
>>
>>64549060
>Cinema fans
>express opinion with words they couldn't define properly but still use because it makes them look smart
>>
>tfw I predicted there would be a wave of prequel apologism after the new movie came out but I never tought it would be this bad
>>
>>64547986
Nice revisionist history you fucking child. Phantom Menace was known as a massive let down from release.

>By this point, there are few people left on the planet who won't experience a shiver of excitement upon seeing movie screens light up with the phrase "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away," followed by the opening fanfare of John Williams' thrilling theme music. The promise of a new chapter in George Lucas' groundbreaking sci-fi saga has been greeted, by fans and the industry, with a rapturous fervor of near-religious proportions.

Sixteen years after Return of the Jedi comes the first installment of the new trilogy, for which expectation are nothing less than cosmic. Lucas, directing his first effort since the original Star Wars, has delivered a brilliant technical achievement, light years ahead of its forerunners in its computer-generated special effects, but a less emotionally resonant exercise likely to appeal most to younger viewers.

>Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace seems designed more as a promotion for Lucasfilm's billion-dollar merchandising concerns than a meaningful chapter in the Star Wars canon.

From http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-phantom-menace-review-752675

And you Eli Roths reaction captures a lot of what the general populace was saying
http://web.archive.org/web/20000305191203/http://www.leisuresuit.net/Webzine/articles/starwars_rev.shtml

>I was so angry after the film I wanted to punch someone in the face. I was tempted to go to Hollywood Boulevard, outside Mann's Chinese Theatre, and scream to the crowd who have been sleeping outside since March: "It sucks. Go home. Go back to your non-existent lives! It sucks!" I have a feeling that there will be riots in the streets when this film comes out. Star Wars fans will be so shocked and appalled that they will harass George Lucas into seclusion, and he'll get so pissed off he'll just say "fuck it" and chuck the whole thing
>>
>>64549253
This

I am old enough to remember the hype back in 99. But mostly, I remember the let down and how hated this movie was among both fans and critics.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
Elements of TPM, AotC, and RotS were certainly better than The Force Awakens
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.