[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shit! >Language! >Jarvis, what's the view from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (1 MB, 1438x596) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1438x596
>Shit!
>Language!
>Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?
>The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield.
>Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken.
>Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last.
>At long last is lasting a little long, boys.
>Yeah. I think we've lost the element of surprise.
>Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"
>I know. Just slipped out.

How can anyone defend this? Not even the 3 minute mark reached and we've got 4 quips/joke lines. I would have killed myself if I had spent money to see this in the cinema.
>>
The movies are fun regardless, but I agree that Whedon's dialogue is insufferable.
>>
>>64545949
It's a children's movie. What do you expect?
>>
this is the movie that made me realize i hate marvel films
>>
>>64545949
>fun sequence with fun dialogue
Why can't you just have FUN, Anon?
>>
at the theater i am entertained enough and caught up in it so i laugh at all of those, but at the same time i catch myself being ashamed of responding to all those lines and all characters having the same sense of humor
>>
I sat through the mid-night showing of this garbage.
It was the worst few hours of my life. Ever.
>>
The "language" gag just felt incredibly forced

generally speaking inside jokes are the result of something uncommon somehow recurring and isn't funny without context

something as mundane as swearing doesn't really fit that
>>
Such a fun movie. Why do you hate fun dialogue and fun sequences like this OP?
No fun general?
Funfunfunfunfunfunfunfun
>>
File: DC A Shit.jpg (236 KB, 1296x774) Image search: [Google]
DC A Shit.jpg
236 KB, 1296x774
>>64545949

Not Serious enough!

Don't they know these 50+ year old characters created for children is serious business?
>>
It's literally a kid's flick man, but I agree with >>64546388
>>
File: 1446765655009.jpg (95 KB, 1040x1055) Image search: [Google]
1446765655009.jpg
95 KB, 1040x1055
>>64545949
That's Whedon's writing for you. What a hunk of shite.
>>
I honestly wish the jokes were at least funny, it would have been sufferable for me. I sat through almost 3 hours of bad jokes and boring fights.
>>
How I imagine Joss Whedon's writing process is he has an anus in the middle of his forehead and he squeezes out a turd from it and the turd lands on a sheet of paper in front of him and he says "Classic Joss."
>>
marvel films are the Big Bang Theory of cinema
>>
>>64546357
Why'd you even go, bro?
>>
>>64546396
>children
>2016
Comics stopped being just for kids way back in 1988, anon
>>
>>64545949
These movies are for kids. And you don't go see capeshit to get a new perspective on life, you go watch capeshit for entertainment and spectacular action. The main problem with Marvel movies is the music. No punch, entirely forgettable when DC has strong, memorable themes. The HUlk/Iron man fight was completely undermined by the shitty background music.
>>
>>64545949
IRON MAN VROOM VROOM
HULK SMASH
THOR FLY WHOOSH
QUICKSILVER RUN ZOOM
PASS THE POPCORN MOMMY NOMNOMNOM
RRRRRRIP I SPLIT MY PANTS
>>
>>64546509
the action wasn't that great either tbqh

ultron barely put up a fight, everyone pretty much just kicks his ass and destroys all of his robots with ease and there were a few moments that felt like a clusterfuck of jump cuts and a bunch shit just cluttering the screen

the only thing that had something going for it was hulk vs tony
>>
>>64546509
>you go watch capeshit for entertainment and spectacular action

Can we stop using this terrible excuse to watch this shit?

The movies are never particularly funny, the plots are asinine, and the action would have been bland five years ago.

You don't have to watch dumb shit to be entertained anon.
>>
>>64546458
My friends bought me a ticket, couldn't let them down.
>>
>>64546581
>s-stop liking things that I don't like please
>>
>>64546611
>stop disliking things i like please
>>
>>64546457
Dude, this is so apt. fuck. (i hate TBBT)
>>
In the age of rampant social media use, buffyspeak is now perceived as 'im so smart i can quip two dozen times a minute and I get a thousand upvotes on reddit and a hundred reblogs xD'.

People are willing to make excuses for it, because it's what the current zeitgeist dictates, and it's 'so le quirky *holds up spork*'.
>>
It's modern American humour. Just don't watch American trash flicks.
>>
>>64545949
This is what bothers the shit out of me about Avengers
Awful "witty" joke ever minute or so, the movies are practically impossible to rewatch because of this bullshit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.