[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>planning to go back to jakku at first to retrieve his droid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: poe-dameron-force-awakens.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
poe-dameron-force-awakens.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
>planning to go back to jakku at first to retrieve his droid after escaping from star destroyer
>crashed at jakku
>disappear without reason until the middle
>suddenly came back on Takodana with the resistance
what happened with his priority at first on jakku? this thing does bother me in the whole film
>>
he was supposed to die in the original script, then the actor when on to suck a bunch of studio exec dicks and they brought him back mid movie.
>>
It's simple: the writing is awful
>>
>>64545817
Yep.

Also JJ thought it'd be like pottery to have him triumphantly return to save his friend like Han did for Luke but it just doesn't work.
>>
the new rebel pilot helmets looks so fucking bad
>>
>>64545771

He said he didn't wake up until nightfall after the crash, so by the time he reached what was left of Niima Outpost, Finn & Rey had probably already escaped with BB-8. With ample evidence that the First Order had already been & gone, he contacted the Resistance for extraction. By the time he got back to the Resistance base, there was probably just enough time to hop into his X-Wing because C-3PO's droid network had gotten word that BB-8 was on Takodana.
>>
>>64545914
You mean THE RESISTANCE
>>
TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB
>>
>>64545817
I can't imagine Oscar Isaac would need to suck any dicks. He'd already made a big enough name for himself.

I'm willing to believe that Poe was supposed to die in the original script, but if that's the case then Isaac must have been cast after the decision to bring back Poe in the second act.
>>
>>64545974
>Laying unconscious in the sands of a hot as fuck desert planet for like 18 hours

Howis he alive and also he must have felt like molten shit when he woke up.
>>
>>64546242
>He'd already made a big enough name for himself.
Funny, since he's a manlet.
>>
OP, what the fuck happens with anyone's priorities in this movie?

Seriously, none of the characters make any sense.
>>
They cut his subplot about being on Jakku, originally he helps some dude in a speeder chase, realizes BB8 is gone and then contacts the Resistance for evac
>>
>>64546180
Yeah, I really didn't get why they had to rename it like that. So damn pointless. Or why the 1st Order took on that name when they are essentially still just the empire.
>>
>>64545771
Presumably he woke up in the middle of the night, wandered around for a while looking for BB-8 then hitched a ride/stole a ship and returned to the Resistance base.

One of the issues I have with star wars is people rarely sleep and it doesn't convey the passage of time very well. You really don't know how long he was back on Jakku for.
>>
>>64545771

that's a story for another time...

yea it's a fucking joke lol
>>
>>64545771
Don't worry m8, I'm sure they'll do a few anthology movies about Poe.

One of them will be about him as a kid, another will be about him joining the resistance and another about his time on Jakku.
>>
>>64546303
>5'9"
>Manlet
I thought the cut-off point was 5'8"?
>>
>>64547213
>Seriously, none of the characters make any sense.
That might just be your autism flaring up.
>>
the script is a piece of shit
stuff just happens with no explanation at the convenient times
>>
"Maz, Poe, Phasma, Chewie: DUDE JJ JUST EDIT MY SCENES OUT SENPAI"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.