[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audio description
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 400x400
How do you think about audio description of movies for blind and half blind people?
>>
it's nice that they're trying to make the format more accessible, but blind people should really just listen to audiobooks instead. there's so much that goes into the visual aspect of films that there's no way you could get anything even close to the full experience without it.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 675x450
>>64543494
I agree with you
>>
>>64543467
I think the point of this is to let blind people go to cinemas with their seeing friends and get some idea about the hype

so they can come to /tv/ and banepost
>>
The dying soldier touches the face of another soldier and leaves a bloody mark. He dies.

The next soldier begins to shake. He takes off his helmet. He is a scared young Afro American man.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 1200x600
>>64543753
>>
>>64543753
How in depth do they go with descriptions of characters? Would they describe the way Chewie looked really well groomed?
>>
>>64544036
I think it's a hobby for some people
http://www.yourlocalcinema.com/ad.mp3samples.html
>>
>>64544838
'Mister Wonka bends down to unlock the tiny door then pushes on the circular panel which opens up on to a magical Technicolor landscape. There's a huge chocolate waterfall, and a chocolate river, flowing through a bright acid green meadow which is covered in strange brightly coloured plants and giant red and white toadstools. Wonka leads them in... 'Now, do be careful my dear children...'
>>
>>64543753

he's british
>>
>>64543467
Completely against it. Deaf people are arrogant and shouldn't be watching films if they can't see them.
>>
A truck pulls up on a seemingly abandoned runway.

A group of men stand on watch near a plane. One of them is power posed.

A man steps out the car and receives a briefcase.

The plane is flying over mountains.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.