[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your honest opinion on Lena Hedley as Cersei? Wasnt she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 150616-cersei.png (457 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
150616-cersei.png
457 KB, 1600x900
Whats your honest opinion on Lena Hedley as Cersei? Wasnt she a bit miscast? sure she can be a great actress but Cersei was always described as seductive, Hedley nailed the character's bitchy part but not the seductive or attractive part of the character, also Im not saying that Lena isnt attractive or anything because she CAN be, but Cersei is supposed to be lusted for by almost half the kingdom even in her old age.

there was even a scene back in season 1 where Ned is supposedly seduced/tempted by Cersei but it just came off as awkward
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
Shut ur bitch mouth fukboi
>>
Did you read the working scripts or something
>>
Way to miss the fucking point
Its hinted a lot of times that Cersei is long past her prime and very delusional about her beauty
>>
>>64537377
>35-40 years old
>mother of four
>alcoholic
>at least 15 years of bitter marriage
>medieval medicine, medieval cosmetics, medieval everything
Yeah, it's a miscast. She's supposed to be an old hag, faŠ¼.
>>
Fuck off, she's one of the better actors on the show. Go jerk off to cartoons if real women don't fit you're fantasy novel expectations.
>>
File: GoT.png (76 KB, 822x162) Image search: [Google]
GoT.png
76 KB, 822x162
>>64537377
here's the only matter:
her foot game is proper
>>
I thought she was miscast in the first couple seasons but she's gotten a lot better at portraying the character imo
>>
>>64537377
Lena with short hair is hot as fuck
>>
No. I think she was perfectly cast. One of the best casting choices made actually. Sean Bean was second and then Aiden Gillian as Little Finger
>>
The Walk of Shame wouldn't have been very shameful if she was perfect looking and didn't mind the whole world seeing her naked.
>>
>>64537377
I think she's perfect in the role.

Something the show has done relatively consistently well is the casting.

She's one of the actors who I often, though not always, picture in the novels.
>>
Since were on this topic

Whats your opinion about the other cast too?

especially:

>Ned
>Stannis
>Robert
>Jon
>Jaime
>Sansa
>Arya
>Tyrion
>Jorah

Whos the weakest link? what could have been improved?
>>
>>64537585
>>64537648
>>64537671

this board is shit
>>
>>64537377
are you fucking serious? She is the only woman who can pull off short hair the other being Natalie Portman. She's hot asf.
>>
>>64537700
Those are fine. Littlefinger, Dany and Ramses are the ones I can't stand.
>>
>>64537377

It's not that she was miscast, I think she was near-perfectly cast, the problem is D&D are becoming increasingly shit at characterization, (though that isn't entirely fair, because her tipping to being more bitchy than seductive is a major theme in the books.)

>>64537509
Also this

>>64537628
And this
>>
>>64537700

stannis and theon are my personal favorites

peter dinklie does a decent enough job but i just can't fucking stand the fake accent he does
>>
>>64537743
>has shitty opinion and doesn't understand how the character was written
>gets mad at /tv/ when they call him out
>>
>>64537779
>Littlefinger
Is it because he's the big guy for you?
>>
File: 1451613937378.jpg (46 KB, 443x750) Image search: [Google]
1451613937378.jpg
46 KB, 443x750
>>64537743

>Being this mad that you're wrong
>>
File: sjohn_big.jpg (79 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
sjohn_big.jpg
79 KB, 585x900
>>64537743
Well excuse me for having an opinion that differs from your own.

Physically, she fits the role. She sounds and acts the role. I don't see what the problem is. What issue do you have with her casting?

>>64537700
>Ned
was acted very well. I'm not sure he exactly looked the part, but Sean Bean portrayed the character so well that I often do see him when reading the books.

>Stannis
In terms of look and how he speaks... perfect. However he was written as a completely different character on the show as soon as he appeared on screen.

>Robert
Not really fat enough, but acted the part perfectly.

>Jon
Horrible casting in terms of looks and I never cared much for how he was acted out on the show. Or directed I should say. However that doesn't mean I think the acting is bad; I just don't think it really fits the character was he was described in the text.

>Jaime
Perfect in Seasons 1 through 3 in terms of looks and over all, personality. However they wrote him to be more of an asshole and villain, which annoyed me.

>Arya
Pretty much perfect though Maise is a little chunky.

>Sansa
Fine

>Tyrion
He's just written to be too good of a person. He's rather boring on the show for that reason.

>Jorah
I love the casting and the acting. He's too handsome in all honesty, but he does sound exactly as I imagined the character.
>>
>>64537377
This bitch has a huge crooked face...
>>
>>64537966
It was cgi'd on for the naked scene. Terribly at that.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.