[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who is your favourite twin directors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: coen brothers.jpg (130 KB, 1024x875) Image search: [Google]
coen brothers.jpg
130 KB, 1024x875
who is your favourite twin directors?
>>
>>64535970

Ethan
>>
Why is every other one of their movies pleb shit? Do they take turns writing? It would explain a lot if one of them was a pleb.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>64536021
Call Barton Fink shit and I'll fight you irl
>>
>>64536069
Barton Fink is one of their good ones. It's the memey ones like Big Lebowski, Hail Caeser True Grit and Burn after Reading that are hot trash.
>>
>>64536098
>Big Lebowski
>trash
Tell me this is b8
>>
>>64536123
No. Honestly if someone tells me they like that movie I think of them as less than me immediately.
>>
>>64536150
Let me guess, you hate the movie because of the audience.
>>
They've never made a bad movie. I even watch ladykillers and hudsucker proxy an average of once per year.

Honestly NCfOM is my least favorite of their films. Tied maybe by a serious man. Funnily enough they are the two films where they push some shitty philosophical ideology. I hate when directors do that (Nolan)
>>
>>64536098
Big Lebowski doesn't deserve to be with the rest of that mediocre garbage. It's a decent movie with a phenomenal soundtrack
>>
>>64536227
>I hate when directors push ideologies

Boy oh boy would you hate Godard
>>
File: rowdy-roddy-piper-they-live-1.png (469 KB, 562x523) Image search: [Google]
rowdy-roddy-piper-they-live-1.png
469 KB, 562x523
>>64536150
This level of b8 is very hard to resist
>>
File: adaptation-charlie&donald.jpg (30 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
adaptation-charlie&donald.jpg
30 KB, 400x267
The kaufmans
>>
I like how when Tarantino makes a homage he's a thief, but two upper class jewfucks flat out steal entire plots and characters, they get academy awards and their cocks sucked by pretentious filmfags
>>
>>64536218
It's too entertainment oriented for me. I don't like "fun" movies. It's also hard not to dislike it when it has been so overquoted by every fedora under the sun.
>>
>>64536227
They didn't write No country for old men.
>>
>>64535970
Uwe & Ulli Boll
>>
>>64536227
The ideology of a film is the most important thing. If you're watching them for "Muh entertainment" then you may as well be masturbating or playing a video game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, cinema is not an entertainment medium.
>>
>>64536309
>Defending Cuckiltino

Literally point me to something the Coens have stolen.
>>
Do you guys think Clooney sometimes gets tired of these two only calling him for their retarded comedies?
>hey Ethan I heard you're doing this drama, I'm available!
>sorry George, we already have the cast for that one, but after that we're doing a goofball comedy and we want you to play a fucking idiot, again!
>o-ok...
>>
>>64536227
>they push some shitty philosophical ideology. I hate when directors do that (Nolan)
you must be one of the dumbest fucking people on the planet

Almost every movie is pushing some ideology whether you get it (you clearly don't) or not.

faggot
>>
>>64536309
The Coens have something interesting to say. They're the closest thing the mainstream has to arthouse auteurs. Tarantino saw Bande a Part one day and decided he was going to copy Godard without the authenticity or point. It's just mindless violence and pandering to redditors who think he's artsy (pro tip: he's not).

So there is a difference between learning from and ripping off
>>
>>64536416
Clooney is a good test for whether it's going to be good Coens or Bad Coens. If he's there I'm going to wait for the YIFY, if he's not I'll be buying tickets day one.
>>
>>64536365
Fuck you, I can do two things at once
>>
File: Russo_Brothers.jpg (81 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
Russo_Brothers.jpg
81 KB, 1000x665
>>
>>64536507
But Burn After Reading is a brilliant comedy
>>
>>64536507
How does it feel to be dead inside?
I imagine it must be very liberating.
>>
>>64536547
No, it's just another one of their memey jew circle jerks. I don't like comedy full stop, but I especially have a disdain from jewish american comedy.
>>
>>64536619
>i don't like curb your enthusiasm
>>
>>64536619
Then why the hell do you even watch Coens? The only guy more overtly Jewish in movies is Mel Brooks.
>>
>>64536009
*Etan

>>64536098
Hail Caesar hasn't even come out yet, mong
>>
>>64536453
I don't appreciate bad philosophy. Or philosophy presented poorly or hamfistedly
>>
>>64536365
>>64536227
You're both retarded. You can make films exploring philosophical ideas, films that are exploring what you can do with the medium and what the medium is and can be. And you can make movies made purely for entertainment, movies that mean to do nothing else then to tell a great stories. And you can make movies that tries to emplement all or any combination of these.
>>
>>64536739
>Then why the hell do you even watch Coens?
I think their serious movies are very good. It's the jewish COMEDY that bothers me specifically, if it's just some light relief on the fringes I don't mind, but if they're in meme mode for the entire movie it's annoying.
>>
>>64536098
>True Grit
I need to find and hurt you
>>
>>64536481
Tarantula writes genuinely interesting dialogue and has a great ability to draw out a conversation in a way that makes you feel the tension mounting.
>>
>Dardennes
>Coens
>Quays
>Hughes
I don't know if the Coens or Dardennes actually twins.
>>
>>64536319
>I don't like "fun"
>>
>>64536802
>Hail Caesar hasn't even come out yet, mong
I've seen the trailer, it's shit. Honestly I could tell this one was bad from the cast list alone. The trailer only confirmed it.

Usually I think it's unfair to judge without seeing a movie. But knowing that the Coens often make a kind of movie I really dislike, and having seen the trailer and knowing that it fits that mode of Coens exactly, I feel comfortable saying I hate it already. They operate on a good/bad routine anyway, I knew this one would be bad from the moment that Inside Llewyn Davis was good, I'll just sit tight and hope the next one is a real movie rather than a meme comedy.
>>
>>64536850
>Tell a great stories
Clearly, I'm retarded.
>>
>>64536098
>these movies are popular so they suck!!
>>
>>64537353
I don't like the meme/"entertainment" tone, it has nothing to do with popularity.

No Country For Old Men, Fargo, A Serious Man, The Man Who Wasn't There, Inside Llewyn Davis and Millers Crossing are popular too but they don't suck.
>>
File: image.jpg (426 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426 KB, 1200x1600
>>64536319
>I don't like "fun" movies
>>
>>64537418
>I don't like meme-

Stop. You look like an idiot when you use that word to criticize something.
>>
>>64537525
That's exactly why I use the word. I do not have any respect for your memes of legitimate film langage. I wear suits made of trash. I'll cut off my fingers for film. Authenticity is not fashion. I will reclaim the meme. You are reddit. You are video games.
>>
>>64536319
That's just, like, your opinion, man
>>
>>64537635
>I wear suits made of trash
>>
>>64537635
I'm going to save this.
>>
>>64537635
kek
>>
>>64537635
This is well written. Mind if I incorporate the suit part in a monologue?
>>
>>64537758
Go ahead, friend.
>>
>>64535970
>not identical
>born years apart
not twins
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.