[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aliens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: sweatingtard.png (893 KB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
sweatingtard.png
893 KB, 1280x690
How can this film be 8.4 on imdb ?

How can anybody see this shit as a great movie ? I'm only half-way and it's already unbearable.
"This" sequence (pic related) stands at a very high level of retardness.
Nothing makes sense, at all :
>team led by a newbie
>going in without any briefing or any kind of information
>little watching military operation (until dead corpses)
>suddendly realise they can't shoot
>still shoot when suddenly circled ("oh, they are everywhere", "let's say it again 20 times without moving at all")
>officer in charge in panic mode, starts whispering, anyway the black guy on field can't hear
>all cameras are fucking shit-tier form the 60s (muh scarry effects)
>we are being fed (ad nauseaum) since start about how bad-ass these jackass are supposed to be, end up being bellow starship troopers tier

I could go on far far longer. And i remember that what follows after this scene is as equally awful.
I mean i'm a huge SF fan, Scott's Alien is without a doubt a fantastic movie, but can't comprehend the praise for this cameron trash ?
Poorly written as usual, characters are mostly ridiculous, what the hell ?
Do people only remember the final scene with the duel against Alien Queen ?

Explain to me how this is great SF...
>>
>>64534674
Alien was a horror film in space, mildly sci-fi.
Aliens was an OORAH Marines trope action shoot em up film in space.

They are both excellent examples of their genres, which are not shared between the two films.
>>
>>64534674
Literally the point is that they're a dumbass group of marines led by an inexperienced, green officer being fed into the meat grinder so the company can get their own ayy lmao

you're just a dipshit
>>
>>64535501
That s fucking retarded and you know it.
>>
File: 7.jpg (377 KB, 2031x1478) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
377 KB, 2031x1478
>>64534674
>not "getting" Aliens

Maybe once your balls drop, kid.
>>
This is the most disturbing scene I've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MCoefVgW9w
Ridley was a fucking genius before he went senile
>>
>>64535532
Why is it retarded? The universe of Alien is one in which the Weyland-Yutani corp owns everything and people are expendable as long as they can increase their profit margin.
>>
I hate it, the whole movie feels like a parade of bad cliches with no wit or imagination. The writing is just painful.
>>
Aliens is a great film for cutting the wheat from the chaff. Some people get it and then you have people like OP.
>>
>>64535863
yep
a great litmus test for showing up people who don't understand film
>>
>I'm only half-way and it's already unbearable.

Are you so autistic you have to pause your movie and give your opinion on it before it's even over?
>>
>>64534674
>How can this film be 8.4 on imdb ?
Who the fuck cares about imdb. It deserves higher anyway.

The director's cut is pretty much perfect for what it was trying to be.
>>
>>64536048
>for what it was trying to be
This. Why can't people just accept that this film wasn't trying to be the same kind of film as Alien (horror with some sci-fi lip service) and shouldn't be judged as such.
>>
If Aliens is an 8.4 or less, what is a 10/10 in the genre?
Faggots like OP are just dismissive because it has guns, explosions and frequently quoted phrases. Forget the amazing atmosphere, set design and special effects because it can't possibly compare to Woman in the Dunes.
>>
Aliens was an 8.5 flick but maybe a 6 movie at best.
>>
>>64536117
Seconded. The extras on the anthology goes in-depth on this. Cameron knew he couldn't do Alien better, and nothing he did would stand up against it (if it was the same thing). This is why Alien 3 is shit. It's just a shittier remake/retread of the first one. Anyways Cameron decided to go in a different direction and it turned out great.

Some people just can't appreciate good action and effects. I would say OP is a bitch, but my mother enjoys action and violence so it can't be that. Maybe he's just a faggot artfag who can't enjoy a beautiful action and effects-heavy movie with great social commentary that builds upon the original. I bet he hates Predator 1 and Rambo 2 as well. What a faggot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.