[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that Star Wars, which has always promoted strong female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: image_3b62f94c.jpg (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image_3b62f94c.jpg
91 KB, 600x450
Why is it that Star Wars, which has always promoted strong female characters in all its movies, has so many fans that are misogynists?
>>
Because it's a franchise aimed to boys and manchildren. Anyway, Rey sucks, TFA sucks. JJ is a hack
>>
>>64533352
The cucks who own star wars now are gay. No more slave leia anymore b/c showing a woman in a bikini is misogynist.
>>
>>64533352
I'd put it in her trash compactor
>>
You realize if you overuse a word, for every description possible, as well as militarize it and effectively bombard it at anyone you don't agree with, that it loses all meaning?

"misogynist" used to actually mean men who hate women, now it's just "anyone who criticizes a woman"

hopefully you're trolling
>>
Because if girls liked Star Wars then how come the male fans can't get laid?
>>
>>64533524
I Mean if your watching with your father and your girlfriends husband it becomes awkward
>>
>>64533352
Why is it that /tv/, which has always promoted strong shitposting in all its threads, has so many users that are autists?
>>
File: Yoda Pepe.png (275 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Yoda Pepe.png
275 KB, 800x532
VIRGINITY LEADS TO HATE, HATE LEADS TO ANGER, ANGER LEADS TO SUFFERINGGG
>>
Leia - a strong female character

Rey - an abomination of a character that almost ruins the movie with her omnipotence
>>
>>64533352
Mary suuuuuuuuuuulut.

Actress, actor and current political concerns being primary for a movie means that the story is furthest from being considered greatest classic of all time.
>>
>>64533394
George Lucas is a hack. American Graffiti was an accident.
>>
>>64533352
It's all quite simple and logical;

As they promote strong female characters, they female fan ratio increases, and women hate nothing more than other women so the misogynist ratio also increases proportionally
>>
>>64533810
>>64533863
Stop with this meme. I beg of you if I here it one more time I might go on a rampage and shoot up a church or some shit. We have endure Mary sue men in every action movie for the past decades. This is the first movie and it's way better cut face Dickhead Asshole mother cuter jew suckered.
>>
File: 1447705901611.jpg (644 KB, 1170x1603) Image search: [Google]
1447705901611.jpg
644 KB, 1170x1603
>Hating Rey

Only sadfucks that have never kissed a girl and still live with their parents could be capable of such pathetic acts.
>>
>>64533946
She was a very weak character

That opinion doesn't say anything at all about my personal life, you fucking autistic queer. What the fuck are you even saying, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>64533946
Please post proofs you have kissed a girl and don't live with your parents

I'll be waiting
>>
>>64533946
I'd let her poop on my chest.
>>
>>64533939
The autism is strong in your family. Your father had it. Your sister has it. You have it too
>>
>>64533939
>it's ok for a character to be shit because some other characters in some other movies were shit
fuck off. Rey is a horribly written character and there are literally no arguments to defend her
>>
>>64533352
Nerds rejected by women who spend all their time doing nerdy things and never focus on self improvement
>>
>>64533939
Not once have a seen a girl have the skills above a man in arenas I've studied, I'm more ready to believe a man is a John rambo because of his look then a woman is a mary sue because of hers. Pure prejudice, yet it has never been wrong by my measure and I prefer to be right even at the cost being shamed.
>>
>>64534112
You fuck off ass sucking jew eater mother fucker shit smooshees cum eater anal fisting fish. Your mom's pussy is a horribly written character
>>
>>64533946
I'd make tender love to her with the lights on.
>>
>>64534149
I have also never seen aliens. I like to suspend my disbelief when I'm watching a sci fi movie sir.
>>
>>64534183
>lights on

Fucking degenerate
>>
>>64534149
Do you ever go outside
>>
>>64534196
I want to believe in aliens, I don't want to believe a gf is naturally better than me at swordsmanship with her tiny shoulders.
>>
>>64534149

Quick question: is there even such a thing as a real life female action hero?

they're usually the first to tuck tail and run and will happily let men die in their stead (see Titanic)
>>
>"strong female characters"
There's that term again.
>>
>>64534227
only to plough your mums field, she gets horny in the sun.
>>
>>64533352
>has so many fans that are misogynists?
Prove this is true.

Prove it has more misogynists then any other series out there.
>>
>>64534234
Are you that insecure mon? How is it that you watch any sort of entertainment nowadays since they all seem to potray these types of women. Are you an oldfag
>>
>>64534270
He never said that it had more misogynists then any other series you fucking aspie.
>>
>>64534241
Do you even watch movies? I can list a hundred
>>
>>64534290
Why are you even defending this shit? DO you get enjoyment out of it? Are you a cuck? Or maybe it's a paycheck?
>>
>>64534263
My mom's a dude. Gg
>>
>>64534241
They won't even spend years prepare their body for going into a burning building and rescuing their baby if need be, it's all a ruse because her only concern is "He will" which solves everything.
>>
>>64534316

No I mean IRL
>>
>>64534328
Obviously I'm defending it cause I hate it m8. Diffrent opinons and such
>>
>>64533352
You know Star Wars fans, and geeks and nerds in general, have always been fighting and arguing over things, long before women shoehorned their way into their hobbies?

Long before SJWs were sticking their hands into everything crying rape, Star Wars nerds were getting their panties in a bunch over Jawas, the Star Wars Christmas Special, Han Solo's blaster and all sorts of inconsequential shit. It's what nerds do, they get in flame wars over minuscule things, and if you can't handle the heat stay out of the figurative kitchen and go back to the literal kitchen.
>>
>>64534241
Don't know. Women are encouraged to seek out desk jobs and smart jobs. Since they don't have the same muscle mass as men
>>
>>64534290
Correct, classics only, masculine themes only, the appeasing crowd have nothing to offer a wise man.
>>
>>64534373
That doesn't make any sense
>>
>>64534343
Your boyfriend does not count as a women friend
>>
>>64534391

I'm really starting to believe that women, on a fundamental level, don't understand debate and criticism

Like how to argue, why arguing happens, how to see different perspectives, how to not take movie criticisms personally (and it really seems like many of them are taking the criticisms of Rey as a criticism of themselves, or their gender, for whatever insecure reason)

It's like they think the old societal adage of "just let her win the argument" applies to media domains that they're just now forcing their way into
>>
>>64534468
Your moms pussy dosent make any sense
>>
>>64534499
Men and women have diffrent brains. Of course women will never understand what men do and vice versa. It dosent make one side wrong though.
>>
File: carrie_tennis.webm (3 MB, 738x974) Image search: [Google]
carrie_tennis.webm
3 MB, 738x974
>>64533352
>Giving Leia the more slender jaw line instead of delicious chubby cheeks
>>
>>64534467
If men are so scared that a fictional women on screen makes them question there masculinity they should just kill themselves. The human race needs to survive after all
>>
>>64534565

It's just really frustrating.
>>
>>64534479
>women
>friend
I don't have an effeminate definition of friend.
>>
>>64534499
I've seen /co/ have debates over whether or not Wolverine is a Mary Sue, and nobody gets butthurt over it, but when we dare ask the same thing about Rey everyone loses their mind and starts crying muh soggy knee!
>>
>>64534609
I guess. I mean women and men aren't the same. Feminists who try to claim that are just stupid cunts. They can be equal but never the same. For example men need to intake more calories then women. This is why cafeterias give men more food. This is not inequality. It's just nature
>>
>>64533352
It doesn't, you're just parroting the false rhetoric aimed at people who criticize Rey as a shitty character.

No one cries misandry when people point out how shitty Anakin is as a character.

I wonder why.
>>
>>64534598
I would question the audiences, I don't watch errors of judgement and call it good because there are better things to spend my time on.
>>
It really doesn't have that many. It's one of the more egalitarian fanbases out there. It only has tons of misogynists by the new weirdly popular definition of misogyny as "anything any woman with a Twitter account feels remotely ambivalent about".

If you're asking why Rey has come under criticism, it's because she's a one-person adventuring team all on her own, while Luke and Leia were merely parts of their respective teams. When the group gets into trouble, she is always the one to save everybody, and when she gets into trouble, she always saves herself, without exception. The Death Star escape handed the "save the party" baton around to everyone in turn, making Luke, Han, and Leia equally crucial to the escape and giving Chewie and the droids valuable support roles too, but Rey could easily go through the entire movie on her own. She makes Han look mediocre and Finn look completely useless.

This would be enough of a writing problem on its own if it wasn't for the fact that she also does it by breaking the setting's own established rules. Luke needed four years of self-training before he even tried it. Rey nails it almost immediately, having never consciously drawn on the Force before, and the way she responds to Kylo Ren when he says she needs a teacher, it sounds like she doesn't know she's drawing on the Force to do this either, in which case she shouldn't be able to do the mind trick at all.

Rey is written as if she is an Earth girl who has seen all six Star Wars movies and has suddenly discovered the Star Wars galaxy is real and she's actually adopted because she's actually Luke's own daughter. She knows all about every movie character of importance and is able to do all their same tricks with ease. Every established movie character loves her as soon as they meet her and Kylo Ren is that asshole Kyle from school written into the story so she can beat him up.
>>
>>64533946
>sadfucks
Yes
that have never kissed a girl
No
and still live with their parents
Yes
>>
>>64533352
>has so many fans that are misogynists?
Those aren't Star Wars fans, those are /pol/tards mad that something popular now has a female lead, whether they actually liked the thing or not.
>>
>>64533946

This is easily the best pic out there of her. So pretty and freckly ;_;
>>
>>64533946

I am sad.

But I have kissed a girl, and I live on my own.
>>
>>64533742
You quoted it backwards fool
>>
>>64535097
Hell reddit.
>>
>>64533873
The same could be said of Star Wars desu
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.