[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into Cronenberg ? Only seen Naked Lunch so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: welcome.jpg (549 KB, 1578x882) Image search: [Google]
welcome.jpg
549 KB, 1578x882
How do I into Cronenberg ?
Only seen Naked Lunch so far
>>
Watch, in this order: Scanners, The Brood, Videodrome, Dead Ringers

If you need a break, watch The Dead Zone somewhere in there.
>>
Crash is next faggot
>>
>>64533185
Only watch movies he made in the 80s except for a few made in the 90s.
>>
His flicks are just eye candy. They all have really dumb plots. Don't bother
>>
>>64533225
>not The Fly
Shittiest taste ever
>>
>>64533268
This guy here. Forgot Scanners was 81. Avoid that flick.
>>
>naked lunch

i can think of at least 2 things wrong with that title
>>
His only good movies are A History of Violence and Eastern Promises
>>
>>64533268
>this fucking retard

The Brood is one of his best movies you dumb asshole. Rabid is also top tier.

Scanners is pretty much "David Cronenberg's X-Men" so you are wrong there too.

Fuck outta this thread
>>
File: existenz401.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
existenz401.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
eXistenZ is underrated and has a prime cut waifu
>>
>>64533595
Scanners is horrible. Cronenberg lives and dies by his actors. James Woods made Videodrome. Jeff Goldblum made The Fly. Stephen Lack sends Scanners to the trash. Despite some nice sequences and based Ironside, the movie's trash.
>>
Coming from a genuine fan of Cronenberg, and horror, here's my take on his filmography. Watch Videodrome next. Absolutely no questions. Then The Fly. If you liked videodrome more, (patrician choice) check out scanners and the brood next. If the fly, check out dead ringers. Honestly tho you can't go wrong with videodrome and the fly, they are essential horror flicks to watch.
>>
File: Peloquin.gif (945 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
Peloquin.gif
945 KB, 500x289
>>64533451
These are NOT his only good movies, but they are really fucking good.

Also, check out Clive Barker's Nightbreed to see Cronenberg play a serial killing Psychiatrist.
>>
>>64533284
I love The Fly, but he asked how to get into Cronenberg, and for me, watching The Fly comes after those others. So fuck off. Dead Ringers is his masterpiece.
>>
>>64534526
I think its best to just jump right in with The Fly because it really shows what he's about (at least during the 80s), but that might just be because that was my first Cronenberg and I was blown away by it.
>>
>>64534526
Yes Dead Ringers is his masterpiece.

>I want ice...CREAM *sobs*

>And because it's Saturday, Dilaudid
>>
>>64533268
>not watching A History of Violence, Eastern Promises, A Dangerous Method, eXistenZ

Do not listen to this anon. Watch everything.
>>
>>64534723
You're a child - everything he did in the 80's is leading to Dead Ringers
>>
>>64534896
wtf are you talking about? I said that Dead Ringers was his masterpiece, and quoted my GFs favorite line and my favorite line. Dafuq senpai?
>>
Don't forget about Eastern Promises. It's more mainstream than his previous work, but it's a really good overall film.
>>
>>64533185

Can you prove you're a writer?
>>
Will there ever be a Canadian director has based as the Cronster?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.