[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: how_did_i_get_off_Jakku.jpg (68 KB, 1366x630) Image search: [Google]
how_did_i_get_off_Jakku.jpg
68 KB, 1366x630
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the battle sequence on Takodana was the best part of TFA?
>>
Was this the one with TR8r?

Probably. I didn't like the movie as a whole though
>>
It hasn't settled. Stop forcing that shit meme. But yes that was clearly the best part of the movie.
>>
Yes, that X-wing charge was the closest the film got to having an iconic moment
>>
>>64533160
Literally one of the best in the series. Shame that that the Starkiller trench run is so fucking boring
>>
>Opening crawl tells us Poe is a great pilot
>Shot of him being a great pilot
>Finn screams "Thats one hell of a pilot"

Who wrote this shit?
>>
>>64533416
>how dare a film show him being a great pilot instead of just telling us he is!!
>>
>>64533416
I agree the "one hell of a pilot" thing was cheesy as fuck but that shot of him shooting down like 9 tie fighters was sick.
>>
>>64533299
Luke at the end was pretty iconic. Han entering the Falcon was iconic. Rey sucking off the nig was iconic.
>>
>>64533931
Seriously? Everywhere he turns he shoots down a bandit, without having time to aim or think...it was like he was holding down the trigger and getting lucky. I hated that. Dog-fighting is far more difficult, that whole scene was insulting.
>>
>>64534288
It's Star Wars you autist. It's a fantasy film. Things don't have to make sense.
>>
>>64533160

It was so iconic I barely remember it taking place.
>>
>>64534327
Oh, I'm sorry, did I disagree? I must be autistic.
>>
>>64534327
>just turn your brain off XD
TFA fans, everyone
>>
File: traitor time.jpg (44 KB, 600x718) Image search: [Google]
traitor time.jpg
44 KB, 600x718
>>64533160
We all know what the best part really was.
>>
File: 1451056860891.jpg (2 MB, 4400x2000) Image search: [Google]
1451056860891.jpg
2 MB, 4400x2000
>>64533160
Eh, I personally preferred the vision sequence, as well as this shot too bad the sun wasn't actually setting bravo JJ for warping the laws of physics AGAIN to make a pretty series of images ith the illusion of movement reeeeeee, but yeah, that was pretty alright.

It didn't really feel like SW, just a generic sci-fi action flick with SW references in it Wee-hoo!, but not a terrible piece of filmmaking.
>>
>>64534327
JUST TURN YOUR BRANE OFF BRAH
>>
>>64533160
Yes that whole scene was great and with the help with TR-8R it was the best scene in the movie

The X-Wing bombing run after it was bad though.
>>
>>64533160

>no y-wings or b-wings

Literally x-wing wank the movie.
>>
>>64533467
>the flick tells us something, then later shows us the same thing, and then very quickly tells us again
>how dare a film show us something instead of telling us XD

Not even memeing, can you read?
>>
>>64533931
>was sick
>>>>>>>>>>>>sick
Go back to /b/ or facebook child of imdb
>>
>>64534409
>>64534444
>>64534539
>Implying that any other Star Wars film is scientifically accurate in any way.
>>
>>64534618
child of imdb?
>>
>>64533160
best part was hux' speech
>>
>>64534772
lol
That shit was really over the top
>>
>>64534704
Nobody said it was scientifically accurate. And nobody said every other scene was perfect.
>>
>>64534772
That was pretty great. It was intimidating and I love that they aren't even being subtle with the Nazi parallels.
>>
>>64533160
To me TFA is beyond shit tier, i wouldn't even consider it a Star Wars movie, it killed the "Space Opera" genre to become "Space Fantasy", it's awful from start to end and Abrams is a complete hack.

But i agree, "this" was the best scene of the movie.

And yet, if you want to have fun, try to calculate how much has passed since Finn & Poe crashed when Poe is back in his X-Wing to fight bad guys...

>A few hours, at most
There is litteraly no pauses lasting more than a few minutes between Finn & Rey's meeting until that fighting scene. Watch closely and see yourself
>>
>>64534704
>implying they aren't

The laws of science work differently in their universe compared to our own
>>
>>64534811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXzEcwYs8Eo
>>
>>64533160
not even good.
>>
>>64534848
That's what I'm fucking saying. It's fantasy. Their science is different.
>>
>>64534895
You're right. Glad you enjoyed that sick scene, bro.
>>
>>64533160
New X-wings suck balls.
>>
>>64534823
yea i dont even care about the SJW shit anymore, nazis had style (fucking hugo boss designed their uniforms) and so does the first order. only thing they couldve done better is when the base fires and it goes to hux' face i wish he had a slight snarl or just looked pissed, he looked too placid in his moment of triumph
>>
>>64534940
Why would you say this? What has changed drastically to make you think that?
>>
>>64534938
I did enjoy it because it was good BRO. Sorry I grew up in a different time in a different part of the world in which the word "sick" was common place. Fucking faggot.
>>
>flying that low
J.J. has never even been close to someone who was close to a warzone
>>
>>64533160
this scene was fucking retarded. One of the parts that made it clear disney didn't pay attention to detail. No matter what way you look at it this was a BOMBING mission. Yet somehow they only brought fucking interceptors. Not a single god damned bomber was present in the fleet sent on that mission.
>>
>>64535022
the wings. It just looks stupid to me when opened how they cut in half and turn into little shitty wings.
>>
>>64535116
its a fucking fantasy movie, you greasy cheeseball.
>>
>>64534823
They never were subtle about the Nazi parallels. You do realize the OT had the Nazi inspired uniforms and fucking Stormtroopers right?
>>
>>64535149
>The map we want is here
>Lets go nuke the fucking place
are you retarded?
>>
Felt cheesy.
That dogfight is something you cant even do in a videogame
>>
>>64533160
That's one hell of a pilot!
>>
>>64534533
thank you, for existing anon.
>>
>>64535179
Yeah. I know. It was much more prominent in that scene though. When the stormtroopers raised their arms. They're literal Nazi's now.
>>
>>64535209
are you fucking serious? Did you not pay attention to the movie what so ever?

they were going in to blow up the capacitors for starkiller base. They didn't give one flying fuck about the map. They arleady had it. The whole point of that mission was to stop the new giant evil space station that could blow up planets. They were there to wreck shit. That was it - and they didn't bring any ships that would have fucking made sense for doing that.
>>
>>64534533
When does that shot happen again?
>>
>>64535179
they went full retard with it this time.
>big rally
>hitleresque speech
>big red and black flag as a backdrop
>naziesque salute
>all white guys when the good guys are all multiracial
>>
No OP, that would be Hans confrontation with kylo.

>best cinematography (you know the shot)
>best acting (kylos inner struggle shown only through his facial expressions
>death of han solo nailed perfectly
>>
>>64535307
seriously where were the y wings, and a wings, and fucking B WINGS

also the hyperdrive jump planetside was so egregious i groaned in the theater. youre a fucking meteor impact at that point, i guess thats how the dinosaurs died
>>
>>64535350
han should never make that face, you know the one
>>
>>64535322
when it aint sheev starts playing
>>
>>64535417

Well yeah, I meant to say the scene was perfect other than Harrison fords death fave because he clearly doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>64533160

>storm troopers guarding prisoners get sniped out by X-wings

It was fairly shit. Why couldn't they show Resistance ground troops fighting the Storm Troopers while the TIE Fighters were busy fighting the X-Wings?
>>
>>64534533
>this vietnam shot
Subtle Jew Jew
>>
>>64534704
>he thinks "makes sense" means "is scientifically accurate
wehehew lad, now who's autistic

"Makes sense" refers to internal consistency and believability. I can believe that space fighter jets fly in space and in atmo identically and that they can travel at superluminal speeds. What becomes difficult is the movie showing Poe take on squadrons of 5-6 TIEs basically by himself, that shit is ridiculous and completely breaks immersion/suspension of disbelief.

Fuck, if we don't need to make sense, why didn't Rey just close her eyes for another three seconds and teleport behind Snoke and kill him?

>>64535291
You're... welcome, I guess?

>>64535322
When the TIEs are descending on Maz's bar/temple thing. The scene is in the middle of the day, so it shouldn't make any sense, but not 5 minutes prior they showed full sized planets closer together than the Earth is to the Moon, so I had basically learned that most of the "cool" visuals weren't even kind of meant to make logical sense.
>>
>>64535350
>I am being torn apart.
>I don't like sand.
>>
>>64535500
That breaks your suspension of disbelief? Not the fact that all they had to do to blow up the original Death Star was shoot a laser in a tiny hole. That tiny detail from a shot that looked phenomenal broke your suspension of disbelief?
>>
>>64535500
In my headcanon I justify it by Poe having the most absolute cutting edge mental and physical enhancements, like a quarter of the Resistances entire budget poured into one fighter pilot.
>>
>>64535437
>>64535482
>it ain't sheev
>it ain't sheev
>I ain't threatenin' no one, no
>it ain't sheev
>it ain't sheev
>I ain't no se-nate, no, no, no
>they walk in, so it's treason then
>their swords are red green and blue, ooh, yeah
>and when The Senate SPIIINS and he screams
>you know he pointin' his saber at you, ooh, no
>it ain't sheev
>it ain't sheev
>I ain't threatenin' no one, no
>it ain't sheev
>it ain't sheev
>I ain't no se-nate, no, no, no...
>>
>>64535526

>one is something that people in distress might actually say
>the other has literally never been said before because everyone loves the beach
>>
>>64535307
The scene in the picture is from the assault on NotEndor you twit.
>>
>>64535713
My point is, show us that he's being torn apart. Don't have the character literally tell us he's being torn apart. The parallel was the fact that the prequels told us that Padme and Anakin were in love rather than showing us.
>>
>>64535051
You sound like a queer, it doesn't matter which science in which universe we're talking about, it looked too easy so it's fucking retarded like the rest of the movie. Sorry if that's too hard of a concept to understand you pampered shit-eating millennial.
>>
>>64535785
>NotEndor
I think you mean not!TheForestMoonOfEndor, bitchnigger.
>>
>>64535824
It looked easy because he's "one hell of a pilot!"
>>
>>64533931
It was supposed to be ironic since Finn assumed that Poe was dead.
>>
>>64535814
>show us that he's being torn apart

He does, great acting in the pulled in shot. Anakin just woodenly delivers his line.
>>
>>64534288
The fuck do you know about dogfighting you mouth breathing hack. Talking about WW2? I didn't see any fucking P51s.
>>
>>64535887
I got the point of the line. Lol. It was just cheesy.
>>
>>64535322
It's literally like one second and really seemed completely out of place. Kinda disappointing since it looked awesome in the trailer.
>>
>>64535891
I thought Adam Driver was the best actor in the movie. Wasn't faulting him at all. It's just a stupid line.
>>
>>64533931
it was actually 10. i counted because autism or some shit.
>>
>>64536958
Can't let Rey have all the fun.

The fucking DM was away for a few turns and didn't see the shit that was going on when people boosted up their character sheets.
>>
File: images-4.jpg (26 KB, 465x316) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
26 KB, 465x316
>>64534618
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-09-14-22h10m33s154.jpg (158 KB, 1916x816) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-09-14-22h10m33s154.jpg
158 KB, 1916x816
Now that the dust has settled can we agree that the throne room scenes in ROTJ are the best scenes in any of the Star Wars films?
>>
>>64535482
>movie about star wars isn't allowed to reference real wars
bravo tard
>>
>>64534288
poe is clearly a newtype
>>
>>64538328
the best scene is when padme meets jar jar. dem feels
>>
>>64538393
dude. just. no.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.