[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persepolis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: persepolis.jpg (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
persepolis.jpg
252 KB, 1280x720
What does /tv/ think about this film?
>>
>>64531734
good movie

i really dug the art style
>>
One of my favorite animated films
>>
It's great, French animation is in general.
>>
It's pretty good. It summarizes the durkification of Iran pretty well.
>>
>>64531734
Comfy, made me want a qt insecure brown gf
>>
Great movie and a great graphic novel too. To be honest it's one of those films I saw when I was around 16/17 right when my interest in cinema was taking off and it's stuck with me ever since.
>>
File: Centipedes.jpg (34 KB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Centipedes.jpg
34 KB, 720x300
It makes me feel like I have a vagina when I watch it.
>>
File: Marjane-Satrapi1.jpg (34 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
Marjane-Satrapi1.jpg
34 KB, 500x497
>>64531734
Persepolis irl was a real qt
>>
Mythological feminazi shlock.
>>
>>64534038
Damn
>>
loved the books

very good and calls to that "ugh i listen to the smiths and im struggling to find myself"
kinda feeling. insightful and interesting as well. movie did good too
>>
>>64534038
>tfw no qt persian gf
>>
>>64531734
The comic is great, I love it, and the movie is one of the few adaptations that is near to perfection. I love Satrapi's work and I was very sad when I watched the dissapointing movie adaptation for Chicken with Plums (also directed by her, like Persepolis).

Persepolis is not a good document for an amateur to learn about what happened in Iran at that time (that would be Shirin Ebadi's Iran's Awakening I suppose) but they're nice introduction.
>>
>>64531734
The english voice acting was hilariously bad
>>
>>64534038
I think she is attractive even nowadays, though she is almost 50 and got a little fat.
>>
>>64531734
>moral of the story is fuck this shit Im going to France
Why are Sand Niggers so shit?
Laurence of Arabia and Babel made me hate them more.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZ_E3MaG8M

>that fucking part
>>
>>64534071
Khomeini pls go
>>
>>64534460
The story is not about the iranian revolution but about Marjan learning to accept who she is. The war and the revolution are just a necessary background (and it's an auto-biography, so it's not like she was gonna skip that). She starts a new life because she feels like a stranger both in Viena and Iran. But unlike in Viena, in France she starts accepting her iranian roots (in the last scene she tells the taxist she is from Iran, while she lied in her previous stay in Europe).

T.b.h. you need to go a little >>64534026 7if he's not being ironic) to appreciate and understand the movie.
>>
>>64534651
Babel was about culture and everything is connected and Laurence of Arabia was about a man.
Sure they have stronger and deeper underlying themes but all those movies still ended up showing the reality that sand niggers are awful shits.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.