[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you enjoy star warsⅦ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: Star-Wars-Celebration-BTS-1.jpg (47 KB, 612x404) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Celebration-BTS-1.jpg
47 KB, 612x404
Did you enjoy star warsⅦ?
>>
File: 1451400853029.jpg (54 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1451400853029.jpg
54 KB, 500x708
I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the most fun I've had at the movies in years
>>
>>64530863
Not at all
>>
Yep, saw it 3 times. 7.5/10
>>
>>64530863
I enjoyed it enough not to regret buying the ticket. But it's not a favorite.
>>
I've seen it twice in theaters and twice via the cam.

I hate it more each time.
>>
No I actually have standards even for pleb dogshit
>>
No. Its just an objectively bad movie
>>
>>64530863
Overall decent, Rey and Kylo were rather obnoxious though.
>>
>>64530863
Yes and I pity all the autists who didn't.
>>
>>64530863
Yeah, it was enjoyable. I love the cute little sounds BB-8 makes. He's my new favorite character. The black guy was distracting though, his American accent wasn't very convincing.
>>
File: hqdefaultwad.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefaultwad.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>64530863
Yeah it was a great remake, 10/10
>>
Typical Marvel schlock
>>
>>64531530
but Kylo Ren is too weak
>>
>>64531577
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64531601
Rey was too strong.
>>
>>64531728
lol
>>
>>64531683
Disney = Marvel
Disney = Star Wars
Therefore, Star Wars = Marvel
>>
i was too sad that colsunt has destroyed
i hate jj
>>
File: but y.jpg (43 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
but y.jpg
43 KB, 600x599
>>64530863

>How did the TIE Fighter sink in the sand?
>Why did the sand erupt after?
>How did the storm trooper remove his glove to bloody Finn's helmet in the middle of dying?
>Why did the bog monster on Solo's freighter eat all the whites and asians, but not Finn, dragging him everywhere instead?
>How did the Sith Apprentice stop the laser beam mid flight, force choke and pull the guard into an actual choke, but not capable of pulling a light saber out of snow?
>How did the Sith Apprentice who had formal training by Luke Skywalker lose a light saber battle to a novice?

I stopped paying attention around the one hour mark into the movie/10
>>
>>64531808
has been destroyed
>>
>>64531813
The impact of the TIE and the leaking fuel created a pocket of air and fluid under the sand. The weight eventually pushed the craft down with the rest of the sand that was rushing to fill the hole, creating a bigger hole, that the surrounding sand then rushed in to fill.
The weight and pressure created friction and heat that ignited the fuel.
>How did the storm trooper remove his glove to bloody Finn's helmet in the middle of dying?
He didn't, it was blown off by an explosive. He was still partially ARMored.
>Why did the bog monster on Solo's freighter eat all the whites and asians, but not Finn, dragging him everywhere instead?
Because it was full, and one member of the Kanjiklub survived.
>How did the Sith Apprentice stop the laser beam mid flight, force choke and pull the guard into an actual choke, but not capable of pulling a light saber out of snow?
There was no other Force interference. He was also: Bleeding from a wound caused by a rocket propelled grenade wrapped in plasma, emotionally devastated from killing his father, confused as to why he was devastated, in pain from self inflicted wounds, in pain from exertion, in pain from getting popped on the arm, and the Force requires a lot of concentration which he had when he went into any encounter beforehand.
>How did the Sith Apprentice who had formal training by Luke Skywalker lose a light saber battle to a novice?
See above. He was wrecking her shit until she let the Force in and tapped into the Dark Side. The look on her face and the rage she exuded made it clear - as does the canon novelization. Kylo Ren was also ORDERED by the Supreme Leader to take her alive, he wasn't trying to kill her. When he was trying to kill Finn instead of fucking around he removed his spine with a lightsaber strike after giving him a single punch.

It's clear you stopped paying attention, because children understand these things.
>>
why didnt he appear?
>>
>>64532064
>thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>64532064
crazy wonderful
>>
>>64532064
Is dis b8.8 m8?
TIE = Twin Ion Engine

I didn't read the rest :^)
>>
No, I don't even have any emotional stake to the Star Wars franchise I just wanted to see a good movie. It sucked.
>>
File: sword-in-the-stone.jpg (299 KB, 1600x936) Image search: [Google]
sword-in-the-stone.jpg
299 KB, 1600x936
>>64531813
>>
>>64532190
TIE fighters do have fuel, though a very minimal amount. The ionized gas is stored as a liquid medium.
>>
>>64530863

Leia never should have been in it. She looked gross.
>>
>>64532384

pls stop trolling me senpai

>Ion thruster
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
NASA's 2.3 kW NSTAR ion thruster for the Deep Space 1 spacecraft during a hot fire test at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory

>An ion thruster is a form of electric propulsion used for spacecraft propulsion that creates thrust by accelerating ions with electricity.
>>
>>64532064
>Explosion blew armored glove off but not hand

Ok.
>>
There were some enjoyable moments but all in all I didn't feel much excitement in the end

I'm honestly a little more excited about Rogue One than VIII because I'm having a hard time thinking of these "new" Star Wars as anything other than nostalgia pandering fanfic while at least RO will fit within the canon and universe
>>
>>64532413
i fell in love with Reia
>>
>>64532461
http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/TIEFighter.html

CTRL+F Fuel
>>
>>64532610

>Ionized gas = liquid fuel

gr8.8 b8 m8
>>
File: coruscant.jpg (698 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
coruscant.jpg
698 KB, 1600x1067
big information
maybe you know ,
coruscant wasnt destroyed!!!
>>
>>64532468

Wiki doesn't say squat about their armor defense against direct explosions. But:

>The armor was also impervious to projectile weapons and blast shrapnel. However, the plating made running difficult, and was vulnerable to direct hits from blasters or Cyclers.

I guess he was shot in the hand.
>>
Saw it twice, liked it the same as the first time, though obviously without that initial giddiness of seeing another Star Wars movie. 7/10.
>>
why does the quality of films keep dropping as time pass ?

i already stopped watchin tv entirely few years ago, what do you want me to do now, watch the blue sky for entertainment ??
>>
>>64532980
i will respect you
>>
>>64532980

It's the natural conclusion of film

it's like how an industry starts off as a bunch of small and medium sized businesses and then as time passes they all merge and merge and merge for max power and profitability until we get these limited mega productions with soft plots and digestible scenes for max profit

The way they're structuring the SW releases like fucking iPhone iterations concerns me

it's Call of Dutification
>>
i heard western says Ⅶ is the best of all time.
is this real?
>>
>>64530863
Unoriginal and unnecessary, but made with love by sincere fanboys. It's also technically very well made.
>>
File: 1451499374469.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451499374469.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>64530863
Finn was the best character, and Kylo was a total emo, I hope we don't have to see his face ever again, and the end was too forced, r2d2 suddenlt wake up in the right moment WOW!
>>
seen it twice already and i would like to see it a third time while it is still in the cinema.
thankfully i have a cheap theater which costs $4 a movie ticket so i can see it when it goes there in a couple of weeks.

i used to work at that movie theater and they used to let the staff see movies for free. sometimes i still get in free if i see some old coworkers
suck eggs op
>>
Nope its garbage for the cine-illiterate
>>
>>64533168
>suddenly something happens!
>narrative drives on!
everything can be a plothole if you are autistic enough. and you just might be
>>
Horribly written but well executed, fun too watch but too deeply flawed to be considered a good Star Wars movie
>>
>>64532064
I like this post
>>
>>64533089
I have already reduced my film consumption to something like 6 new ones a year.
I STRUGGLE TO FIND S-I-X DECENT ENTERTAINING NEW PRODUCTIONS
gay and ugly earth
>>
>>64533168
>>
>>64533245
>Horribly written
Star Wars has never had good dialogue. Bringing Kasdan back was a marketing gimmick
>>
>>64531813
Expositional dialogue established that there were parts of the desert with sinking sand.
Air displacement? Movie effects.
>>How did the storm trooper remove his glove to bloody Finn's helmet in the middle of dying?
Cuz he felt like it. On a narrative level to mark Finn so we can differentiate him from the rest, and to symbolically highlight his distress.
Because Finn is a main character who needed to be in peril without dying, you know, like movies work. Also, maybe the bog monster was full from eating all that chinese food and was dragging him off for leftovers.
>>How did the Sith Apprentice stop the laser beam mid flight, force choke and pull the guard into an actual choke, but not capable of pulling a light saber out of snow?
Force works in mysterious ways. Lightsabers bond with their users. It's a lightsaber used by the Skywalker family when they walked in the light side of the force, so it ignored him.
Wasn't trying to kill her. Was trying to recruit her. But isn't Darth Vader, so instead of disarming her first, he gave her a chance to consider and she used that opportunity to wound him enough to escape.

>I stopped paying attention around the one hour mark into the movie/10
3edgy5me
>>
>>64533224
I meant that there was no reason for it, for such an important event
>>
>>64531813
The nitpicks people have of this movie are getting more and more absurd
>>
Just saw it a 2nd time. Great Star Wars movie. I consider it like A New Hope v2.0. Leaves the stage set for Episode 8 to be terrific.

Kylo Ren is an amazing character. I can't wait to see what he'll become. It's gonna be good. Extremely excited for Episode 8
>>
>>64533390
yeah and i meant that you don't understand how narrative works. sometimes things happen and sometimes they don't. sometimes people are fucking austistic, like you

sometimes these people belong on reddit
>>
File: tfa a shit.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
tfa a shit.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>64533413
Here, have more nitpicks to solve, take all the time you want. I will not wait
>>
>>64533363
I would be ok with some corny dialogue but the bad writing starts at the story and characters
>>
>>64533168
R2D2 is bonded to both Anakin and Luke Skywalker. Could be that the arrival of another Skywalker woke his ass up. Alternatively, he was guarding an incomplete map and BB-8 held the last piece. Arrival of BB-8 may have woke his ass up. Either way, it's obviously implied that their arrival woke his ass up.
>>
>>64533195
Look at this faggot. He probably took a film studies class last year in middle school.
>>
>>64533483
The person who wrote this has serious problems
>>
>>64530863
No
>>
>>64533483
do you think anybody is going to read all of that autism? do you think anybody is going to care?
fucking kill yourself for saving that image let alone posting it
>>
>>64533502
The characters are all great aside from Rey, though
>>
>>64530863

No.
>>
File: 1338121967526.jpg (65 KB, 458x288) Image search: [Google]
1338121967526.jpg
65 KB, 458x288
Dreaming of galaxies far, far away in cinemas nearby. Crowds gasp in amazement swinging their hands along with lightsaber movements. Alas, the audience's awe is uninspired. Just like Kylo Ren walks and talks Darth Vader but is afraid he will not surpass his supremacy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is afraid of treading treading uncharted territory fearing it will not live up to the expectations set by the original trilogy. As a consequence its universe provides nothing but an ersatz adventure.

The banality of the blockbuster serves to suppress the audience's capacity for imagination of better worlds to come. Cool artifice replaces reality. As a spectacle the blockbuster reaches its apex when its whole is self-contained: nothing but images referring to other images of popular culture. In Star Wars: The Force Awakens the universe created is a hodge-podge of familiar elements of its franchise's former glory days. For instance, Rey, who ostensibly is the new Luke Skywalker, originates from a desert planet abandoned by family just as Luke was. The Empire is now called the First Order, ruled by a Sith Lord identical to the Emperor and is still intent on building planet-destroying superweapons containing one fatal construction flaw. Han Solo returns the way the fans were hoping for: flying the Millenium Falcon with Chewie. Sadness of his death stems more from the disappearance of a fan-favorite character than from a tragic narrative.
>>
>>64530863
yes
>>
File: 1349193579415.jpg (62 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
1349193579415.jpg
62 KB, 460x288
>>64533639

Mired in self-references, the film ultimately signifies nothing. Its world is a poor substitute of man's innate sense of discovery. Where the literature of J.R.R. Tolkien fills the reader with a sense of wonder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens embodies the estrangement of man in his self-shaped artifice. The creatures wandering about come over as nonsensical and a mere sign of inter-space relations. More importantly, advanced technology is elevated to the fantastical, taking the place of man and nature as the source of all worship. Technique is shown to be a worthy ruler. Megalomaniac spaceships, each one bigger than the other, reveal our complex society's preoccupation with technological advancement. The Star Destroyer is its ultimate fetish.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is propaganda of seriousness (as defined by Johan Huizinga) in its most deceptive form. The viewer becomes trapped in its numerous winks to the Golden Oldies. He sublimates his innate alienation living in a technical world of artifice into an ersatz adventure. When he leaves the cinema, his critical faculties are weakened. Instead of being awakened, prompted to use his life force, he is lulled to sleep.
>>
File: jewjewabraham.jpg (107 KB, 570x722) Image search: [Google]
jewjewabraham.jpg
107 KB, 570x722
haha! Glad you all enjoyed the movie. Make sure to get it on blu-ray and buy the box set when it comes out. Also, don't forget to go to "Disney's Star Wars: The Force Awakens™ Theme Park at Disneyland". Hope you loved it as much as I have directing it! Make sure to buy all our merchandise as well.
>>
>>64533556
I felt like Finn had much more potential, he starts off great but then he's largely reduced to being a comic relief for the majority of the movie. Especially that part about his First Order past that he kept a secret, the movie tried to build it up as a big deal and it could create some tension and distrust with the Resistance but it just fizzles out when he goes "I used to be in the First Order but I'm done with that shit" and everyone is 100% ok with that
>>
>>64533534
It's true...all of it.
>>
>>64533483
First 3 nitpicks are fucking nonsense. Complains that characters are capable of laughing in the face of death and danger. Complains that characters are sympathetic or follow hunches about new droid friends they made. Complains that people know how spaceships work. Mostly incoherent nonsense complaints muddied up by attempts to be 3edgy and confusingly call characters stupid names.

2autistic2consider. Copy your complaints from better sources faggot.
>>
First half was fun.

Once they got to the meeting room to discuss blowing up new death star I tapped out though. It mutated into a rehash of new hope and empire, which I've already seen.
>>
>>64533722
>It mutated into a rehash of new hope and empire
You meant RotJ, right?
>>
>>64533684
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens embodies the estrangement of man in his self-shaped artifice. The creatures wandering about come over as nonsensical and a mere sign of inter-space relations. More importantly, advanced technology is elevated to the fantastical, taking the place of man and nature as the source of all worship. Technique is shown to be a worthy ruler. Megalomaniac spaceships, each one bigger than the other, reveal our complex society's preoccupation with technological advancement. The Star Destroyer is its ultimate fetish.
Couldn't this apply to literally every Star Wars film?
>>
I like it a lot, but a little less of A New Hope would have been nice.
>>
>>64532310
Can't tell if you're joking or not, but Rey was also pulling it towards her. Though what didn't make sense was that she was in the same general direction as he was.
>>
>>64533483
Writing all of this knowing you're not OP, ignore references to "you"
1: It's war. Shit like that happens. Finn realized that the whole struggle was pointless and hurtful, not just that one side was BAD GUYS, hence his reluctance to join up with the Resistance at Maz's castle
2: Lor San Tekka wasn't Poe's mentor. He was a contact he was sent to contact.
3: We see him back pedaling as the air bubbles caused by the terrain inversion start kicking up.
4: Climbing and running are different tasks that use different muscles
5: That guy has already had his ass kicked by Rey, you can tell by their relationship and what she says about him.
6: Because she empathizes with it and has a friend for the first time, she also considers it but decides not to
7: There are a LOT of freighters in the galaxy. Rey has grown up with it.
8: She is shit at flying it, did you see how anxious and nervous she was about it and how she couldn't keep it going in a straight line for a long ass time?
9: He misses a lot, a fucking lot, that's why he cheers and boasts when he finally gets a hit.
10: She recognizes it as a freighter, not the Falcon. She's lived and worked for Plunkt for her whole life.
11: Finn is a First Order trooper raised on propaganda. Rey is a Rebellion fan girl who has a rebel pilot doll she made herself.
12: They got full. Also, one of the Kanjiklubbers survives.
13: Yes this was stupid.
14: You can have toys of myths. See: Jesus action figures. That's also not even remotely Luke's helmet, it's a Yellow Wing helmet.
15: People change their minds after stunning tragedies, wow!
16: He's scared to shit of Kylo Ren. How did you not pick this up?
17: Okay yes this was stupid and forced. GET IT

FORCED

THIS ENTIRE POST WAS A LEAD UP TO THAT PUNCHLINE

WHICH STILL ISN'T AS FUNNY AS THE PUNCHLINE OF GOD'S GREATEST JOKE: YOU
>>
>>64533849
Really, the Excalibur imagery was too subtle for you?
>>
>>64533966
>WHICH STILL ISN'T AS FUNNY AS THE PUNCHLINE OF GOD'S GREATEST JOKE: YOU
did you think this was cute? promptly end your life please
>>
star wars in 2015 is not the same star wars of 1980. [edit: american] movies have very gradually turned into safe, conventional ultra-clean digital HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO GAME oatmeal mush since the New Hollywood era bit the dust (while TV is finally experiencing its first true creative golden age, if film was the sacrifice then it's legit arguable whether it was worth it). something like 2 years ago i heard jj abrams was directing this, and the feelings i had seconds after the news are about the same feelings i had walking out of the theater. his production company is ironically called Bad Robot, dude's filmmaking is Ubisoft-levels of formulaic. jerk me off with more shots of R2D2 please, the entire audience is autoerotically assfixiating like jabba for you. nothing is earned, lightning never struck the same place twice, fuck you jj abehole i hope i see you in my dreams so you can ruin those too scifi rapist

don't listen to me though, 9 out of 10 modern popcorn chompin professional critics opened their bookmarked thesauruses so you could feel a little communal hype for something in ur sad life god fuck look what you did abrams you are the bane of my existence, hope your shareholders are happy
>>
>>64534124
>it's legit arguable
Fucking teenagers
>>
>>64530863
I honestly 'enjoyed' watching it in the theater, but i thought it was a very bad movie, if you get the distinction.

Rey scenes were the absolute worst though.
>>
>>64530863
It was OK.
It's entertaining enough.
I really didn't expect much and I really didn't get much.
>>
>>64530863
I did,I think, but the more I think about it, the more I dislike it.
It is OK but jeez why everybody keep saying is the best star war movie, because is not.
>>
>>64534503
>but the more I think about it, the more I dislike it.
No, you're just letting /tv/ influence your opinion.
>>
Indeed I did. Can we talk about other things now?
>>
>>64534660

Sorry captain copypaste taste, but some of use actually do have our own opinions ;))
>>
Fuck no. Anyone who goes out of their way to see "fun" movies is a hopeless pleb. Making your movie fun and not giving a shit about the art is the equivalent of using pathos in a debate; people might be too polite to criticize you, but anyone with intelligence knows you're just an idiot.
>>
>>64534660
its called having a brainstem friendo
>>
>>64532812
what game is this?
>>
Sits with the original trilogy. You can tell which parts are Kasden doing his old magic and JJ doing his usual hack shit though.
>>
>>64534795
So it's just a coincidence that you happen to share the same opinion as everyone else on /tv/?
>>
Just got home from watching it. It was very *meh*. The visual effects were great, but the story just felt so damn forced (no pun intended). Deus ex machina every 30 seconds. It was like the creative team came up with enough neat material for two or three films and then they were told to cram it all in to one.

Kylo Ren was pretty underwhelming as a villain. "I'm afraid I won't be as powerful as Vader". Cunt, Vader inspired fear and awe just by entering the room. The first time you saw him on frame, you knew 'this is a bad ass motherfucker'. You sound like a nerdy accountant in a gas mask, you look like one, and you just don't have any presence on the screen (masked or not).

Rey... WTF? She goes from being a junk merchant to controlling the minds of stormtroopers in what seemed like 10 minutes. And both her and Fin just pick up a lightsaber and are able to kick ass? Until they got him into the cockpit, Luke spent ANH as a complete nerf-herded, way out of his league and barely keeping up.

Damnit, I was just *meh* about it before I started typing, but now I'm pissed off at this pile of crap.
>>
>>64534906
JJ Abrams is much better writer than Kasdan. The reason the movie has so many plot holes is because Kasdan took out all of the exposition
>>
Just saw it a third time. It's flawed, but not to the extent that I think /tv/ wishes it was (some of you sincerely expected it to flop and now you're eating your balls over how completely off the mark you were)

I'm hoping the more cryptic things like the flashback/force vision are done with some kind of plan in mind, and not just vague bullshit slapped together to create mystique the way something like Kingdom Hearts does.

Honestly it's just nice to see the series being tended to by someone who isn't an abusive parent.
>>
>>64534911
/tv/ is 50% shitposting, 40% groupthink, and 10% people with actual views im one of the latter
>>
>>64534964
>Kylo Ren was pretty underwhelming as a villain.
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Literally the best part of the movie
>>
>>64534964
Luke blew up the Death Star with his eyes closed in the first movie. The notion that the force requires decades of training is prequel shit. Let it go.
>>
>>64532812

I hate how there was no world-building or exposition in this movie (set 30 fucking years after ROTJ, when people have been wondering for 35 years IRL what happened to the galaxy after Death Star II blew up) beyond just the narrow view of the characters. Even A New Hope talked about the Clone Wars, the Republic becoming an Empire, and the exterminate of the Jedi.
>>
>>64535083
Go to bed Nolan. Exposition is hack writing, the characters are all that matter.
>>
>>64535132

Uh, actually I liked to fucking know more about the galaxy after ROTJ because it's something I've fucking dreamed about since I was like 8.
>>
>>64533376
You know if you have to answer multiple questions with "because its a movie" then maybe that's indicative of lazy writing.
>>
>>64535199
read the novelization and side books then
>>
It was fun but had too much stupid shit to be called 'good'. Not really bad either. The combined enjoyment I got from watching it/laughing at the bullshit/shitposting about it here was totally worth.

Rey's a mary sue and you'd have to be some kind of biased tard to deny it but everything points to them setting her up to go dark side so it might be justified after the whole arc. The final fight was handled like shit though.
>>
>>64530863

I enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean I think it was any good
>>
>>64535205
No, it's indicative of the pernicious effect cinema sins has had on what constitutes a good film. Consistent internal logic matters more than good characters and a beautiful mise-en-scene.
>>
>>64535132

Exposition is comfy as fuck and memorable you git

>muh constant ackshun

how novel

enjoy this series getting Star Trek'd
>>
>>64535257
>4<5
>6>5
imploying
>>
>>64531813
I feel bad for you because you can't enjoy a movie because everything isn't spoon fed to you and you don't have enough imagination to fill in the blanks.
It must feel sad to not be able to enjoy simple things like movies because you are so anal retentive about minuscule and unimportant details.
>>
>>64535285
>>muh constant ackshun
It's not about action, it's about articulating what's happening through visuals and small character interactions. The shot of the downed Star Destroyer and Rey's reaction to Finn mentioning Luke say more than 10 minutes of expository dialogue ever could.

>enjoy this series getting Star Trek'd
09 Star Trek is a fucking fantastic film and much better than The Force Awakens.
>>
>>64534964
>finn
>kick ass with lightsaber
Nah he got his shit fucked twice.
>>
>>64535269
Well I'm just glad TFA had good characters like: racist charicature in space and STRONG INDEPEDENT FEMALE WHO DONT NEED NO HAND HOLDING AMIRITE LADIES. I'm also glad the movie had good mise-en-scene like J.J. "Cheap Spielberg" Abrams is famous for.
>>
>>64535343
the SD and finn dont say anything. it says they heard about the OT. the film desperately needed exposition. when han picked them up the time was fucking perfect for some exposition, let han tell the story of whats happened since ROTJ. instead of that we got fucking TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB.

agreed, trek 09 was leagues better than TFA.
>>
>>64535452
>we want the black audience
>WOO
>DROID PLEASE
>AW HELL NO
>THAS ONE HELL OF A PILOT NIGGA
>>
>>64535343

No it doesn't at all. That's entirely the problem. Especially with how inconsistent she is, we don't know why. Why she's good at some stuff.

Nigger, 50% of the OT was exposition, world building, and giving the viewers the feel of a situation before moving onto action. That's the difference here.
>>
>>64530863
what was I suppose to enjoy?
>>
>>64534889
just coruscant
>>
>>64531275
>watching a 7.5/10 3 times in the theater.

Are you in middle school?
>>
>>64535467
>the SD and finn dont say anything.
The star destroyer articulates the passage of time since the OT, that Jakku is a junkyard, and that Rey is a scavenger. Rey's reaction to Finn mentioning Luke demonstrates how the events of the OT have passed into legend, and that Luke's story is told throughout the galaxy. Always better to show than to say.
>>
>>64530863
No. I only enjoyed Kylo Ren, the rest was shit
>>
The movie doesn't feel like JJ watch the Original Trilogy, it feels like he played with the toys.

I think that the problem with Rey isn't that she's a Mary Sue, I think she doesn't even qualify as a hero.

I think I need to look at the Hero's Journey again, but what does Rey accomplish in this movie? What new revelation does she take back to society? What evil does she defeat?
>>
>>64535515
See>>64535601
The problem is that you can't discern basic visual storytelling and need everything spoonfed to you.
>>
>>64530863
>Did you enjoy star warsⅦ?
Only because I analyzed ever character, scene, situation and dialog to find, rather easily, from which piece of Episode IV or V it was copy-pasted from.

That and 5 minutes of C3PO.

Would not watch again.
>>
>>64534660
Not really dude. Is just feel like all the hype is gone and now my head is free to really see that this movie is a huge check list of cool stuff from the old movies.
>>
>>64530863
It was fine. Characters were dull but the action was good. Pretty standard fantasy movie.
>>
>>64535452
>I'm also glad the movie had good mise-en-scene like J.J. "Cheap Spielberg" Abrams is famous for.
This shits on Kirchner.
>>
>>64535636

Why did Finn turn?

Why is he shooting his own former compatriots now?

Why does a trooper brainwashed from birth inexplicably develop a conscience and have no real explanation for it?
>>
File: o0320040413416519470.jpg (126 KB, 320x404) Image search: [Google]
o0320040413416519470.jpg
126 KB, 320x404
>>64535603
is he twink?
>>
>>64535657
Welcome to sequels. Don't watch Terminator 2, Aliens, The Phantom Menace, The Last Crusade, etc.
>>
>>64530863
i like trains
>>
>>64535601
i get what youre saying but thats very little exposition. i mean the least amount possible. we needed more and han was the perfect character to tell us. they made him the obi wan character but didnt have him do obi wan stuff. shit obi told everyone what we needed to know about luke, his father, vader, the force, and the empire in about 10 minutes. all im asking for is 10 fucking minutes of exposition on the falcon instead of the rathtarr scene. they missed that mark so hard.

also with R2D2, all they needed to do was have 3PO say that he was computing something and was shutting down auxillary systems to boost his processing, then when R2 wakes up 3PO can say oh my, he found it! and then cut to the luke scene.

simple things like this would have elevated the movie, instead we got a mystery box and conveniences
>>
>>64535701
Finn turns because it's the first time he's experienced combat up close, and it got to him. He starts shooting his compatriots in self-defense. They attempt to fill him after he defects, and his only chance of survival is to shoot back. The film also establishes that the brainwashing sometimes doesn't take (it happens in real life; there are cases of indoctrinated North Koreans escaping).

It's really not that complicated.
>>
>>6453>>64535036
The problem was that no one took him seriously and instead made him a pathetic looking Vader want to be
>>
File: Daisy ridley -gf23.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Daisy ridley -gf23.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64530863
I've only seen it once at the cinema (£3.50 at my local one with big comfy seats) and I enjoyed it. This was probably the best scene.
>>
>>64535788
>I want everything explained to me RIGHT NOW
>I can't make utterly basic connections on my own
I bet you think 2001 and The Tree of Life are bad films.
>>
>>64535205
I didn't answer any questions with "because its a movie." If you have to resort to responding to strawmen, maybe you're an idiot cunt.
>>
>>64535818

None of that is mentioned or asserted. We don't know the depth of his experience. His only mention of it is "I couldn't do it anymore" or some dumb fucking line to that effect. And then he turns on a dime and starts cutting down his old mates in battle.

See, that's where your whimsical, flitting shots doing all the "exposition" fails, it really doesn't flesh the whole story out. I don't know who the fuck Finn is and I have a hard time caring about him at all, same with Rey. Poe's just a Chad.

These characters seem so superficial precisely because we only know them for what they do in the movie.
>>
>>64535818
and i get that, however we see him get fucking traumatized by his comrade dying and leaving the hand print on his helmet. he seems like he doesnt like killing at all. considering that these troopers are now child soldiers, i dont get why he suddenly changes and kills his comrades when just watching a fellow soldier of his die made him question the first order.

a better way to show this would have him not wanting to fire on the escape from the star destroyer, and poe pressuring him into firing. then his hesitance almost gets them killed when they get shot down and he has a revelation. its kill or be killed
>>
>>64535611
>I think she doesn't even qualify as a hero.
That's probably because she's being set up as anakin 2.0.
>>
File: cat loves mark hamill.webm (1 MB, 948x710) Image search: [Google]
cat loves mark hamill.webm
1 MB, 948x710
Needed more Mark Hamill.
>>
>>64531813
>I stopped paying attention around the one hour mark into the movie/10

Would explain why you're asking so many retarded questions
>>
>>64535922
why is mark so pure? he just seems like a genuinely awesome person. yea he was JUST for a while but he UNJUSTED himself pretty quick
>>
>>64535894
See>>64535860
The fact that you actually want characters to flat-out state their emotional arcs rather than experiencing them is fucking staggering. This isn't a television series, you don't have 5 episode arcs that let you articulate every aspect of a character's backstory.
>>
File: gremlins-2-the-new-batch-still.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gremlins-2-the-new-batch-still.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>>64535730
>>64535657
>mfw gremlins 2, compared to the first one, has more humor, more studio interference, self referential humor and it's still the better movie
>>
>>64535860
>Talking about 2001 and Tree of Life in a discussion about a space fantasy adventure movie.
What are you 12?

Also, Tree of Life has no right being mentioned in the same sentence as 2001. What are those the only 2 "art" movies you've ever seen? Fucking teenagers here are out of control.
>>
>>64535909
>i dont get why he suddenly changes and kills his comrades when just watching a fellow soldier of his die made him question the first order.
SELF

DEFENSE

WHEN PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING AT YOU YOU TEND TO WANT TO SHOOT THEM BACK
>>
>>64533483
>(you)
>(you)
>>
>>64535997
>Tree of Life has no right being mentioned in the same sentence as 2001.
They're actually very similar if you had the wherewithal to understand thematic content, and had the same effects supervisor.
>>
>>64535985

I get it man. You don't like Star Wars' style. You prefer a different genre of film.

As it stands, it isn't enough to make a movie like this in the context of the Star Wars universe and how it operates as a soap opera. It felt cheap, rushed, and generic, like Star Trek 2009, which while I remember being a good film, I can't remember almost anything of it other than that, not even the characters.

That is the JJ modus operandi
>>
>>64535987
>Gremlins 2 was a movie that nobody wanted to make. It was a "fuck you" to everyone involved, and sure as shit ain't the better movie.
>>
>>64536019

Uh, his little stint with pacifism begins as his trooper friend is shot by the caravan camp militia they're facing, and he's under fire as well

would make more sense to show him scrambling away from the battle
>>
>>64536046
They're similar in very superficial bullshit ways. Oh they both begin with extreme flashbacks. Oh they both have ambiguous endings. Eat a dick dipshit. You ain't know a fucking thing about 2001.
>>
>>64536019
finn is fucking brutal with the stormtroopers dude. he gets the lightsaber and fucking runs one through without a second thought.

the point is there is no hesitation. from what you see with him early the nigga doesnt like war. he doesnt like people dying. WHERE IS THE CONFLICTION. HE DOESNT EVEN LIKE WHEN STORMTROOPERS DIE BUT LOL NOW THEYRE SHOOTING AT ME SO NOW IM GOING TO BRUTALLY KILL THEM EVERY CHANCE I GET.

he comes off as a wimp early on and then that gets thrown aside so he can blast stormtroopers

him hesitating during the tie escape would have done loads for his character. im not saying dont shoot, im saying be conflicted and act like what youre doing is weighing on you. not "WOO DID YOU SEE THAT DID YOU SEE THAT" it makes the dude look like hes having the time off his life when apparently he got fucking traumatized over a damn stormtrooper dying in front of him.
>>
>>64532064
>He was also: Bleeding from a wound caused by a rocket propelled grenade wrapped in plasma, emotionally devastated from killing his father, confused as to why he was devastated, in pain from self inflicted wounds, in pain from exertion, in pain from getting popped on the arm,

"Luminous being are we, not this crude matter"
>>
>>64536180
>doesnt like war. he doesnt like people dying

He doesn't like the act of killing civilians or innocents.
>>
>>64536089
His "stint with pacifism" begins when he watches his mates murder a bunch of unarmed women and children, dingus.

And it's clearly explained that his decision to save Poe and abandon his station is because, in his words, "it's the right thing to do."
>>
>>64535860
so they cant take ten minutes out of a 2 hour movie to explain basic shit? fuck star wars is normie tier and i guarantee you they needed exposition. fuck i wanted it, i wanted to know what happened after endor, i wanted to know why the resistance and first order exist, i want to know what happened with fucking han and why he left. none of this is ever explained and we have to guess. HAN COULDVE SAID THIS IN TEN MINUTES SHIT HE COULDVE EVEN BEEN CRYPTIC ABOUT WHY HE LEFT AND IT STILL WOULDVE BEEN GOOD. all of this was lost so we could have fucking kanjiklub
>>
>>64536225
he doesnt like his stormtrooper bro getting killed either. hes obviously not into combat, and those fuckers in the village were firing back so yes it wouldve been self defense
>>
i sure did. watched it a few times in imax 3d. rey in that glorious screen res is pretty dope desu senpai.
>>
>>64536318
You're a bit of a spastic.
>>
>>64530863

"star wars is such a shit franchise.
let's go over something real quick. in high school, they make you read books, and everything has meaning, right? the wilting rose is a metaphor for end of the roaring 20s. the teacup symbolizes the characters inability to deal with loss ---'are you sure? that doesn't make sense' ---"oh no it most certainly is, everything in literature has meaning, metaphor it's all there.".. For yeears this is what teachers are drilling into you, of course theyre right, that's the way it is.
then at film school i learned the same is true for film.. so-and-so's face is backlit because the director wanted to show that capitalism leads to darkness... the fence is missing some slats at the end to show that even in prison it is possible to fleeting moments of freedom, whatever... every lighting decision and position of the object or whatever, film is the highest form of art, yada yada..... nothing is a mistake, the door left open, the color of the wallpaper, the glance away, the choice of lens--in a well put together film, everything is deliberate, the aim being to convey whatever feeling or idea or further the theme
we're gonna get back to that in a minute
>>
>>64536284
They did explain why he left. The fuck movie where you watching? When his son turned into a piece of shit and destroyed the academy he and Leia had a falling out and he left and reverted to his old ways. Try harder retard.
>>
>>64536359

the original three star wars films were really cool. The special effects were the best ever, practical effects and matte paintings beat CGI any day, even now, still... CGI looks like shite compared to a huge oil matte painting and camera tricks, and if you don't agree or can't see it then you just have bad eyes... sorry to be so harsh but it's obviously true... my ears are bad, i don’t argue with audiophiles with high-end headphones and DACs about how much bitrate you need, so if you think CGI is good you shouldn’t argue with people with functional eyes
original star wars had cool characters even though there was some jokey shit in there with the ewoks or ewons or whatever the little things were, red letter media has a great series of videos breaking the original star wars down and comparing to episodes I II and III --https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
episodes i ii and iii were so bad it was like that movie 'The Room' with that ugly long haired guy only it's worse because so much time and effort was spent making that crap. these are movies that appeal to 4-year olds because 4-year olds are mentally deficient... autists (actual ones) like these movies because there are no facial expressions or emotions to interpret. star wars fans will desperately try to find reasons to justify how theyre good, but if these weren’t branded ‘Star Wars’ and were just generic space opera movies, they would have a weird shitty cult following like those nigerian action movies and people would have ‘awkward star wars’ viewing parties.. they are genuine serious shit
>>
>>64535074
>eyes closed

why do you all you fucking pretenders say this shit? WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE, HIS EYES WERE NOT CLOSED.
>>
>>64536394

after these movies were made, anyone who seriously thinks of them selves as a star wars fan is basically a toddler with a shiny lunchbox. youre taking a speeder to Naboo, the galactic counsil, me-sa show you to gungan.. how much time was spent going over the script making sure it had enough toddler words. theres almost more dignity being a furry than being a fan of this shit. and if you spend any time reading about it or thinking about it youll also know that george lucas is just hosing you down in the face.. this is a picture of how lucas treats his fans:http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/8/73175.jpg (who can really blame him by the way)
sorry for sperging out. i'll get to the point. look at the picture gentlemen. she is holding a 4-ft long black cock, grimacing like she's taking cock in the ---, orgasm face black guy behind her, sex explosion in the background, little peach/flesh-tone white guy robot watching on helpless. Sorry that's just the way it is... this is written by someone with very little tolerance for, and minimal knowledge of, the usual conspiracy theory stuff……. this fact is just something you have to face and accept if we're agreeing on the premise that filmmakers use symbolism. Do you think filmmakers use symbolism? or are films just pretty pictures, and books just fancy words? well here's a pic of a white girl getting steamrolled by a black guy while a cuck droid watches, and it's more cut and dry than anything in Citizen Kane. disagree? then youre either a dope or you have some sort of ideology that won't allow you to see it
>>
>>64536350
nice rebuttal

>>64536363
they implied it when han and leia talked about kylo. we literally dont know what happened with kylo, everything is conjecture other than he turned to the dark side because of snoke. its all fanfiction at this point.

i dont even want han to really explain it, like i said he can be cryptic and say anything like "thats something i dont want to get in to" and thats fine. just at least say something. we barely learned anything during the movie
>>
File: sam.png (73 KB, 201x226) Image search: [Google]
sam.png
73 KB, 201x226
>>64536455

Nothing about high-level film-making is accidental, nothing about a 10 billion dollar movie that the whole country is going to see is accidental. it's not my business what you do with this information, you can delve deep into conspiracy theory, or you and your wife can start taking refugees in your home, whatever, drive to oregon with canteens and rations and other stuff, whatever you want to do, but the factual information that you cant argue with is that some people with a lot of money and country-wide influence and an indirect link to the minds of everyone's children, Want You To Think About White Girls And You Know What (the thing in her hand in every shot), and the subjugation of White Masculinity into little rolling bouncing baby balls. that is an unbiased take that anyone with a brain and a rudimentary understanding of film/entertainment should be able to see."
>>
>>64535132
>the characters are all that matter

Too bad the characters are hot garbage, lol.
>>
>>64536400
>Turns off targeting
>Use the force luke
>Let go
>Trust me
>closes eyes
>fires
>magic torpedo goes in hole
Nigga unambiguously used the force to destroy the deathstar. Quit trying to change historical fact to fit your idiot argument about a magic space movie
>>
decent cam finally came out

so the laser swords can cut down trees but getting smacked in the face with one just leaves a slight burn?
>>
>>64536457
>we literally dont know what happened with kylo, everything is conjecture other than he turned to the dark side because of snoke. its all fanfiction at this point.

We LITERALLY do know that Luke started an academy. Kylo was a padawan. Kylo betrayed Luke and destroyed the academy. Luke went into hiding. Han went back to smuggling. We LITERALLY know this through expository dialogue in the movie. These were all things that were said.

>being this goddamn desperate and needy
>>
this movie was extremely jewish

a main character is an african? really?
>>
>>64535074
Using the force doesn't. Kicking the ass of another space wizard who has ten years more experience doing space magic in a universe where your ability to do space magic scales with experience probably should.

>A bloo bloo he was injured
Which didn't stop him from throwing her 30 feet into a tree.
>>
>>64536060
09 Star Trek is the best high budget film since the Fellowship of the Ring. It's actually a better Star Wars film than The Force Awakens. People who disparage it are mongoloids and pedophelic Trek purists.
>>
>>64536657
>Implying a bunch of humanoid aliens in a distant galaxy a long time ago have a fucking "Africa."
>>
>>64536563
>these were all things that were said

nope. these things were implied. only things were said were that luke went away and kylo turned to the dark side. not once do we hear about kylo being an apprentice to luke, im actually watching the movie now
>>
>>64536493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQFrl5rpXMg&ab_channel=MikeFright

2:54

kill yourself you waste of skin
>>
>>64536703
>I can buy a guy hitting a target perfectly while moving hundred of miles per hour without the aid of his computer
>I can't take an injured guy losing in a fight to someone the film establishes early on is experienced in combat
sexism is the only explanation
>>
>>64536703
>Ignoring that he wasn't trying to kill her
>Ignoring that he was trying to recruit her
>Ignoring that he dominated the fight until he gave her a chance to consider his offer
>Ignoring that it was his hesitation that allowed her to hurt him enough to get away

Vader literally disarmed Luke before he offered him a job. The entire point of Kylo's character is that, even though he really wants to be, he will never be Vader. Rey didn't "kick his ass." Kylo goofed.
>>
>>64536791
Yes probably trolling retard. Someone new to shooting hitting a small target far away is more believable than someone new to fighting beating up a soldier.
>>
>>64536742
>only things were said were that luke went away and kylo turned to the dark side

"He was training a new generation of Jedi. There was no one else left to do it, so he took the burden on himself. Everything was going good, until one boy, an apprentice, turned against him and destroyed it all. Everything Luke had worked toward: gone. Luke felt responsible. He walked away from everything."
>>
>>64536180
WHY DIDN'T THE BLACK MAN JUST LET THE WHITE ROBOT SUITS SHOOT HIMMMMM??!!!!??
>>
>>64536814
He fucked up but he wasn't kept off balance for the rest of the fight. He just lost.
>>
>>64536885
stop replying to tripfags, they're literally reddit
>>
>>64536791
>experienced with a two handed staff
>somehow expert with a lightsaber

yes lets take a muay thai fighter and put him in a boxing match with a trained boxer, im sure hed win. totally different way of fighting
>>
>>64536070
>Please!...Don't mention Lincoln! Something terrible happened to me once on Lincoln's birthday! I was six or seven. I had the day off from school. Mama let me go to the park. She made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich... This man with a beard and a hat just like Abe Lincoln....I remember, Oh, God!...
>Honey, I really don't think we have time for this right now.

Of course it was a fuck you movie, that's what makes it so great. It's like they were so disgusted at making a soulless corporate sequel they turned it into parody.
>>
>>64536754
You're totally right. Luke didn't use the force. Luke didn't trust Obi-Wan. The force had nothing to do with the ending to Star Wars.
>>
>>64536179
The Tree of Life is literally about the evolution of life. 2001 is literally about evolution, and the transcendence of humanity into a new form. They're thematically similar movies, you smegpot.
>>
>>64536967
He lost IMMEDIATELY after letter her pause to think about his offer, where she had the exact same "use the force" moment that Luke had at the end of ANH.
>>
>>64536950
alright you got me on luke, but what about han?
>>
>>64536885
Hitting a small target as you're movie without the aid of computer assistance is isn't in any way more believable than kicking someones ass. There are literally people you can beat up right now. Fuck, you could probably beat up like half of the planet if you're a man. You can't hit a moving target at sub-sonic speeds.
>>
>>64536493
luke and obi wan did a father son kamehameha. obi wan was helping luke guide that shit. "ill become more powerful than you could ever imagine" obi was helping luke the whole time
>>
>>64536885
Luke was already a great pilot.
He actually said he can do the shot before the battle.
That is really different than winning a sword battle on an Ice world that is basically next to a sun.
>>
some of us look like this xD
>>
>>64537059
Iirc he got shoved back and she kept coming at him. He didn't lack time to recover, he just kept getting pushed back. And seriously just throw her into another fucking tree if you have to.
>>
File: 1446119693407.jpg (130 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1446119693407.jpg
130 KB, 880x880
>>64531275
Get on my level you filthy pleb. I've already seen it 5 times.
>>
>>64537059
Luke - uses the Force to help him make a shot that he said he could make (womp rats)

Rey - uses the Force (with 0 prior training) to win a lightsaber duel against someone infinitely more experienced in using the Force and lightsabers

Why are we still comparing those two characters? Ever since TFA premiered I've seen those Luke/Rey comparisons shot down 100 times a days and Reyfags still come back with those same retarded arguments in a new thread just to have them debunked for the 101st time
>>
>>64530863
Haven't seen it yet
>>
>>64531813
all of these are easily explained

JJ is bad at movies.

He should be like a Chief Idea Officer

and then the actual director only implements like, the good shit
>>
File: 1451299331406.jpg (27 KB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
1451299331406.jpg
27 KB, 245x246
Rey was so powerful she could do anything on the first try (pilot, mechanics, force shut) but was nothing more than a faggot in jakku for many years

All other stah wars movies felt large on a cosmic scale but this felt like a minor uneventful battle

6.5/10 should have bootlegged it
>>
>>64537284
>JJ is bad at movies
But that's the writing. He doesn't write most of this movies.
>>
>>64537254
Luke - believes and uses the force
Rey - believes and uses the force
There's no difference.
>>
File: 1450830708572.png (871 KB, 540x764) Image search: [Google]
1450830708572.png
871 KB, 540x764
>>64531164
id was breddy gud :DDD
>>
>>64537338
The writing apparently actually explained the stupidest part (the duel). It made it more clear the injury and killing his dad where holding him back. Whereas the fight choreography didn't focus on his injury at all and he somehow managed to get up there and throw her like a doll before being de-powered.
>>
>>64537284
Kasdan is the hack, by the way. JJ has discernible talent, watch his Star Trek reboot and the pilot for Lost.
>>
I think the trailers are the best part about this movie.
>>
>>64530863
Rey and Han made the movie for me. I walked out wishing we had seen more Luke. Overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't on par with Empire or Jedi.
>>
>>64535257
it's actually 5>4>6>7>3>1>2
>>
>>64537435
why are Jedi being trained from a very young age if there's no difference between using it at a very basic level and using it to defeat someone who should've wiped the floor with you and all this is learnable by yourself in just a day?
>>
>>64537442
>Whereas the fight choreography didn't focus on his injury at all
Oh, so you didn't see the film? You didn't see the part where he kept hitting his injury, or where he faltered against Finn due to exhaustion?
>>
>>64537546
thats true
>>
>>64537457
OH DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE STAR TREK REBOOTS

I want to fuck him until he's dead for shitting all over star trek
>>
>>64537547
>yellow lady tells her to close her eyes and see the force
>she closes her eyes in the fight
>movie is called The Force Awakens

bitch awakened her force, just deal with it
>>
No I didn't enjoy episode VII a newer hope
>>
>>64537546
5>4>6>3>7=1>2
>>
>>64537567
He hit his injury once, and it looked more like he was pumping himself up than anything else.

Faltered against Finn? Looked more like he was playing with him to me. And directly after getting ANOTHER injury he continues to fight Rey with no apparent reduction in speed or power (until the retarded moment where she overpowers him physically)
>>
>>64537547
Because it was made for retards who want to force to be a straight up dues ex machina narrative device for any situation (like magically teaching you swordfighting) instead of a tool that could nudge you in a slightly better direction.
>>
>>64537633
>A newer hope
ooo because this is basically a remake. I got it.
>>
>>64537003
you got btfo so hard you developed alzheimers. get fucked nerd.
>>
>>64537567
That's not part of the fight choreography, downie. It was clear he was injured but not clear what places in his fight with rey it impaired him. Competently done he should have been limping around but still kicking their asses anyway until she managed to hit him in the wound or something.

Of course you ignore the 30 feet into a tree part because you have no answer.
>>
>>64537567
as we know ,Rook is Rey's real dad
>>
>>64537632
>bitch awakened her force, just deal with it
I've dealt with the fact that we were promised a new Star Wars film and we got a remake that looks like it was written by a 10 year old
>>
>>64537638
5>4>7>6>3>1>2
>>
File: 1448939394310.jpg (104 KB, 932x618) Image search: [Google]
1448939394310.jpg
104 KB, 932x618
>>64533483
Why would you even think people who hate TFA would find it funny? It's just awkward and makes me wonder about your legitimate autism or developmental disabilities.
>>
>>64537681
b-but muh MYSTICISM ;_;
>>
File: Hiroshi-Iwata-11c4bc7f45-0.jpg (109 KB, 1296x920) Image search: [Google]
Hiroshi-Iwata-11c4bc7f45-0.jpg
109 KB, 1296x920
>tfw they kill of luke during this trilogy so they can focus completely on whatever stupid rey arc they write
>>
>>64537547
Being a jedi isn't about how many force powers you know, just like being a shaolin monk isn't just about the martial art moves themselves. Rey isn't a jedi anon. Using the force doesn't make you a jedi, being a jedi is a philosophy about using the force. That philosophy is what Yoda is teaching Luke on Dagobah.

This idea that jedi training is a literal school where you get practice lightsabers when you're 5 years old is prequel shit.
>>
>>64537644
>He hit his injury once,

Could've sworn he hit it at least twice, but I've only seen the film once.
>>
it was absolute shit, copying entire scenes from previous movies but with ideology up its ass
>>
>>64537069
Can't find the exact quote, it's clearly laid out in his conversation with Leia. But's lets run through the provided context clues. We are told and shown that Han and Leia had a son, we are told that that son was force sensitive, and destroyed the Jedi academy. We know that after that at some point Han went back to smuggling. He was always a space-cowboy, and that kind of heartbreak sent him back to his old ways. We don't need explicit expository dialogue to explain what happened when we know the characters as well as we do, and we know what happened before they parted ways.

If this was anything other than Star Wars, and we were anywhere other than /tv/ the amount of exposition we are getting about what Han was up to the last 30 years with that minimal amount of dialogue would be considered grade A filmmaking. SHOW, don't TELL. The fact that details are left to the imagination is exactly what makes for A COMPELLING STORY. It affords the audience to use their imagination. It's the kind of thing that made the original trilogy so GODDAMN GOOD.

Obi-Wan in ANH mentions "The Clone Wars." He looks off with a half smile when he thinks of Anakin and muses that "he was a good friend." That's the extent of exposition we got about the last 30 years of his life, and what we imagined their relation would have been like was so overwhelmingly better than what we got.

Alright, screener downloaded.

"I've always hated watching you leave."
"Thats what I did, so you'd miss me."
"I did miss you."
"It wasn't all bad, was it? Some of it was even... good."
"Some things never change."
HUG
"If you see our son, bring him home."
WE KNOW EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>64537920
>BULEEEAAAAVVVVEEEEE
>>
>>64537811
I think JJ was just taking a big piss on Lucas to mark his territory and say "This is mine now"

Its off to a much better start than the prequels, hopefully he will expand more.
>>
>>64537945
It was twice. Still didn't show in his movements when he was actually fighting.
>>
>>64537920
>That philosophy is what Yoda is teaching Luke on Dagobah.
Another thing that Yoda says is that learning all that shit takes time and patience, not LOL JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES THINK OF THE FORCE AND BECOME SUPER SAIYAN XD
>>
>>64538037
>Another thing that Yoda says is that learning all that shit takes time and patience
>all that shit
What exactly does Yoda say takes a long time to learn? Can you give me the quote?
>>
>>64537774
> get fucked nerd.
Said the dude butthurt about a star wars movie.

>Use the force luke.
>Trust me Luke.
>Luke we're reading your targeting is turned off. What's the matter?

>Shoots a missile without targeting.
>HURR DURR HE WASN'T BLIND
>>
>>64538037
Another thing that Yoda teaches is that size and might doesn't fucking matter. But let's ignore that because DAE MARY SUE!?!?
>>
>>64538091
When they're in Yoda's hut and Yoda argues with Obi Wan's ghost. He says that Luke's too old and has no patience, at that point in time Luke is about 25 years old so both of those things imply that learning the ways of the Force is not something that you accomplish in a few hours after learning about its existence
>>
>>64538134
>size and might don't matter
>implying knowledge of the Force is what's important

So Rey somehow figures out everything about the Force and BTFOs Kylo, who is a decade older than her and has been training all his life?
>>
>>64538134
>ignores that that isn't the complaint to push your agenda against strawmen
are you that dipshit trip with his tag off?
>>
>>64537775
>I would like everything to be as obvious as possible please!
You're everything that's wrong with movies
>>
>>64538134
>size and might
>having a singular fucking thing to do with time

kill yourself
>>
>>64537254
>Luke - uses the Force to help him make a shot that he said he could make (womp rats)
While flying a fighter jet he's never been in before, with no evidence he's ever even been in a fighter jet before. To destroy an entire fucking death star.

>Rey - uses the Force (with 0 prior training) to win a lightsaber duel against someone infinitely more experienced in using the Force and lightsabers
Rey-Defends herself against someone who wasn't trying to kill her, takes advantage of his pausing to hurt him enough to escape.

Cry about it faggot. DAE HATE HOW UNBELIEVABLE THIS SPACE FANTASY MOVIE IS?!?!?
>>
>>64537609
09 Star Trek is fucking great you nerd.
>>
>>64538102
>hurr eyes closed
>his eyes weren't closed
>dude force i was right all along got you :^)
>>
>>64537909
>tfw you realize people die. This isn't Luke's story any more.
>>
>>64538266
you can admit TFA was your first Star Wars movie anon
>>
>>64538183
Jedi training is not about learning new force powers you fuck. Patience is not required to use the force, just to learn the ways of the jedi. Again, being a jedi means following a philosophy. Luke isn't too old to be able to use the force, just too old to learn the Jedi way of doing it responsibly.

Not all force users have to be jedi. When Obi-Wan says it's dangerous to go face Vader without finishing the training, he isnt talking about Luke being cut in half or haivng enough points in telekinesis yet. If, like Obi-wan then tells Luke, the danger in not finishing your Jedi training is being more subceptible to the dark side then it stands to reason that the training is about philosophy and discipline, not an actual measure of ability.
>>
>>64538197
Not me
>>
>>64538245
>i'm ok with complete disconnects like his injury doing nothing in the actual fight because i'm an apologist
>>
>>64537225
>5/5
FUCK YOU! haven't seen this PLEB SHIT and I won't
>>
>>64538266
>>Luke - uses the Force to help him make a shot that he said he could make (womp rats)

no he hit the death star because of obi wans help
>>
>>64538196
Almost like she's the new hero of the Skywalker story or something. Almost like the child of Luke Skywalker would be naturally more force-aware than the child of his shitty sister. Almost like there's overwhelming precedent for Skywalkers to be super good at doing magic.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.