[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
What did he mean by this?
>>
"Some things you will never understand, Jake."
>>
File: His Name.jpg (93 KB, 809x619) Image search: [Google]
His Name.jpg
93 KB, 809x619
On a side-note, the "as little as possible" line he says afterwards was much more profound
>>
>Movie called Chinatown
>Takes place in LA
>>
>>64529797

>It's Chinatown!

I cringed and shut it off like a minute later
>>
Jake forgot where he was
>>
>>64530154
more like:
"some things are outside of our control"
>>
>>64531357
>referring to the Chinatown in LA
>>
>>64530195
And my tiny little nipples went to France.
>>
YOU ARE SCREWING JUST LIKE A CHINAMAN HAHAHAH
>>
>>64531439
>getting cucked by a chink
how?
>>
File: True Detective.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
True Detective.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
It's a dog-eat-dog world Ray, and right now i'm a fucking Chinaman
>>
>>64531386
Literally, I stopped watching and went straight to /teevee/ to talk about it
>>
One fun thing I do is whener I'm watching a movie I take the "Forget it Jake, It's ______" format and then slot the title of the movie into that space and then say it out loud. Can be pretty funny sometimes, ha ha.

>Forget it Jake, It's John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars.
>>
File: jakegittes.png (522 KB, 724x544) Image search: [Google]
jakegittes.png
522 KB, 724x544
>>64531439
>>
>>64531386
>I cringed and shut it off like a minute later
>like a minute later
so when the credits started?
>>
>>64532106
>Memes
>>
>>64529797
You're a big guy, Jake.
>>
Even though I had probably already seen it out of context and knew the scene shot for shot on the parodies and references alone, this scene still managed to horrify me when I watched it properly for the first time. I was really surprised it would still get to me as hard as it did.
>>
>>64529797
Throughout the movie Jake makes reference to the reason that he's no longer a police officer having to do with events that happened in Chinatown. The line that gets repeated is "As little as possible." It's implied that there was some serious corruption going on in the police department and Jake had enough. At the end of the movie the only decent character is dead, and the bad guy is going to get away scot-free and probably molest his granddaughter/daughter. Jake's employee, who doesn't know how personally involved Jake is with this case, tries to comfort him by telling him to forget it, it's Chinatown, that's the way things work here. Bad guys get away with stuff.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.