[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: do the right thing.jpg (106 KB, 507x755) Image search: [Google]
do the right thing.jpg
106 KB, 507x755
What did he mean by this?
>>
Man that last seen where all the spooks gang up on the pizza shop owners is so fucking infuriating.
>>
>>64527795
Is this the one where the kid gets shot?
>>
>>64527908
Scene....
>>
Joints are my favorite types of flicks
>>
>>64527937
No, it's the one where a black guys gets killed by police. He was attacking a white man, who called him a nigger and smashed his radio because the black guy wouldn't turn it off it the guy's pizza joint and was demanding that pictures of black people be put on the wall. Then black people riot.
>>
>nude scene was framed really weird because the actress was sobbing but he made her go along with it anyway

Why does Spike Lee hate his own women
>>
>>64527795
Do The Right Thing or It's Okay To Be Racist If You're Black, a Spike Lee Joint
>>
>>64527908
If Spike wanted to make a movie about how segregation was right and good, he succeeded.
>>
Spike Lee is a racist piece of shit and I refuse to watch anything by him. You can say that hollywood is racist because it doesn't cast enough blacks or whatever, but lee actively incites violence on others.
>>
>>64527795
Spike Lee actually believes that black people did nothing wrong in the film, as surprising as that may sound

>Lee believes the key point is that Mookie was angry at the death of Radio Raheem, and that viewers who question the riot's justification are implicitly failing to see the difference between property and the life of a black man.[12]

Dindu nuffin :^)
>>
>>64528561
>that viewers who question the riot's justification are implicitly failing to see the difference between property and the life of a black man.
This would actually be true if Sal or his boys killed Raheem and if Gus Fring wasn't starting up that bullshit. Otherwise this is a really retarded way of thinking
>>
>>64528072
>My first experience, of course, was ''Do the Right Thing.'' And I had a big problem with it, mainly because I was afraid of what my family would think -- that's what was really bothering me. It wasn't really about taking off my clothes. But I also didn't feel good about it because the atmosphere wasn't correct. And when Spike Lee puts ice cubes on my nipples, the reason you don't see my head is because I'm crying. I was like, I don't want to do this.
Way to go, Spike.
>>
>>64527961
Film is a visual medium.
>>
>>64527795
He meant he's going to ride the coattails of this baby for years to come with insipid drivel and resort to TV talkshow soapbox race baiting whenever he feels his irrelevance affecting his ego.
>>
>>64528561
Surely he must at least know that Buggin' Out's crusade to get pictures of black people on the wall is retarded.
>>
>>64529913
He tells buggin out to get fucked when he starts talking about it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.