[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did "but its a fun movie" get introduced as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1419816789346.png (96 KB, 519x370) Image search: [Google]
1419816789346.png
96 KB, 519x370
When did "but its a fun movie" get introduced as a way to completely dismiss all shortcomings of a movie?

And why is it so fucking infuriating?
>>
when normies had social media
>>
Because every movie isnt aspiring to be Citizen Kane.

Some are just meant to be watched for entertainment purposes.
>>
>>64527640
>>64527640
>>64527640
>>64527640
>>
When /tv/ spent a better part of a year hyping up Pacific Rim. Only to have it completely blow.
>>
>>64527640
>Some are just meant to be watched for money
>>
>>64527549
>And why is it so fucking infuriating?

Because you hate fun
>>
Infuriating bc of your napoleon complex
>>
>>64527640

>aka massive money grabs
>>
>>64527640
Citizen Kane is entertaining as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 500x363
Not every movie has to be a fucking life-changing experience you autistic asshole.

Some people actually live there own live instead of vicariously through the Hollywood money-machine. You should try getting out of your basement and engaging in the struggle of life once in a while, then you might appreciate the occasional light diversion.
>>
>>64527730

>hollywood money machine
>praises the very fuel that powers the hollywood money machine

ok anon
>>
>>64527549
>And why is it so fucking infuriating

Because you let the opinions of total strangers about inconsequential topics bother you.
>>
>>64527640
So art isn't entertaining then?
>>
>>64527730
>Not every movie has to be a fucking life-changing experience you autistic asshole.
Why not
>>
Why must you insistently talk about films you deem to be bad?
>>
File: Off by one Kenobi.jpg (46 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
Off by one Kenobi.jpg
46 KB, 400x474
>>64527778
>>
>>64527852
I desperately need my opinions validated by other people to compensate for the fact that I don't have any taste myself.
>>
>>64527852

I dont, but whenever I bring up criticisms for some movies and people give the me 'fun' card to dismiss me it really kills my drive to ever talk with anyone about the shit ever.
>>
Its a buzzword
>>
>>64527842

Because if they all were, then none of them are.

You need Juxtaposition to appreciate movies. You need the lows to appreciate the highs.
>>
>>64527909
Because liking a movie, and calling it a "good" movie are two different things entirely.

Some of my favorite movies are absolute trash artistically speaking, but remain enjoyable. I would never argue their merits, but if someone tries to critique the "core" on its merits as a film, then they're the asshole in the situation.
>>
There's nothing more autistic and retarded than supposed "cinephiles" that watch flicks or movies and then complain about them being stupid. It's like calling yourself a food critic and then complaining that the EXTRA HOT EXTRA SPICY CHICKEN (or whatever) is spicy
>>
My favorite part is when the plebs that use that "defense" claim they also watch "patrician films" too, but when you ask them about it they vanish
>>
>>64527549
Because we live in a culture of mediocrity.
We've been patting ourselves in the back and awarding people for failing for at least 40 years now of course that would hurt movies.
>>
>>64527909
I do actually understand how you feel. It's honestly rarely worth while to attempt to discuss film and music in any significant depth outside of an appropriate forum. It's like being a car enthusiast and trying to talk to someone about it with some who has a 'any car will do' mentality, not to say there's anything at all wrong with that.
>>
>>64527549
Since Spielberg
>>
>>64527549
I'd rather have a normie who would admit that they watched a movie with flaws than some pleb who only says its fun because they can't form any opinion of it
>>
>>64527730
I'M PLEB AND PROUD AND I WANT THIS WEBSITE TO BE JUST AS PLEB AS ME YEAH I DON'T ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT FILM OR ART AT ALL I'M JUST HERE TO SHITPOST
>>
>>64527909
Most people don't put any thought into movies, I can tell you that much. If you expect to have any kind of meaningful conversation outside of dedicated forums you'll be disappointed.

and no, /tv/ is not a dedicated forum
>>
>>64527549

Except it doesn't, you can acknowledge the flaws of a film and still enjoy it for what it DOES bring to you.
>>
>>64527999

What makes a film "trash, artistically"?

Can a comedy have artistic merit? It seems to be the genre that people trash the most and look down upon, implying there's no art in humor.
>>
>>64529150
I think it's more the case that humor on its own is not sufficient to be art, but humor can absolutely be a very potent device within it.
>>
>>64527549
>And why is it so fucking infuriating?
Because you have AUTISM and you spend way too much time getting mad over shit that doesn't matter to well-balanced people.
>>
>>64529150
Airplane is more artistic than any of the poor Oscarbait put out in the last 10 years
>>
>>64529050
This pretty much
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.