[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people on this board right now who think Hot Fuzz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15
>There are people on this board right now who think Hot Fuzz was better than World's End
>>
>>64525632
It is. Both are fantastic though.
>>
File: sean.jpg (6 KB, 279x180) Image search: [Google]
sean.jpg
6 KB, 279x180
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
The World's End is half of a good movie. Hot Fuzz is just /v/eddit sensibility meme humor throughout.
>>
>>64525632
This is the only movie I've seen twice in cinema.

I remember watching the trailer and thinking how fucking stupid it looked, but I had a saturday night free so I checked it out. The person who made the trailer should either be shot or praised for misrepresenting it so badly.

That fucking ending where you learn more about King Gay was such a slap in the face by reality by an otherwise very fictional movie.

Honestly damn near perfect movie. I loved it.
>>
>>64525713
I grew up watching Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, and a bit of Fry and Laurie.

Come at me you failed abortion
>>
Hot Fuzz was filmed in the town I studied in. A few of the pubs were set in stations. Enjoyed Hot Fuzz more
>>
>>64525901
I cry evrytiem.
>>
>>64525713
>spaced
but that was actually good
>>
yes it is

the world's end fails so much in every aspects
>>
>>64525713
literally wrong

they're incredibly popular

Spaced > HF > TWE = SotD
>>
>>64525713
The good thing about writing copypasta for threads that rarely happen is that you'll bait someone with it every single time
>>
>>64527352
I bet the only people that maintain that position are 20-year olds posting on 4chan. The 30-year olds probably not so much.
>>
hot fuzz is great all throughout the movie.

worlds end starts out really well and then slowly turns into a fucking terrible action movie with barely a single joke or comedic situation.
>>
I loved this movie
>>
>>64527430
I'm 34 what's your point?
>>
Hot Fuzz > Shaun of The Dead >>>>>>>>>>>>> The World's End
>>
File: INCOMIIIIIING.jpg (44 KB, 308x300) Image search: [Google]
INCOMIIIIIING.jpg
44 KB, 308x300
TWENTY FIVE WHORES IN THE ROOM NEXT DOOOOOR
>>
Disregarding the quality of the movies I will rank them from MOST /v/eddit enabling to LEAST /v/eddit enabling.

Hot Fuzz, Shaun Of The Dead, The Worlds End.
>>
>>64525713

You are clearly a reclusive autistic sperglord.

It may be normie trash, but the three films are popular as fuck over here.
>>
>>64525632
I know right....
>>
>>64525632
It definitely has the most realistic and relatable characters, that's for sure.
>>
>>64525632
Hot Fuzz is best for teenagers.
Shaun of the Dead is best for college students.
World's End is best for people in their 30s.
>>
>>64527746
That its not a DUDE BEER LMAO movie, it's about life leaving people behind and coping. By your thirties everyone has already started pairing off and having kids and shit.
>>
>>64525632
Every right-thinking person thinks that.
>>64528010
I fucking love the Sisters of Mercy.
>>
File: 1333089015158.jpg (3 KB, 119x126) Image search: [Google]
1333089015158.jpg
3 KB, 119x126
There are more people on this board right now who think they're utter shite one way or the other.
>>
I honestly can't tell, because I've only watched it once. I don't think I even particularly liked Hot Fuzz after my first viewing. It just flew past me. It was the second time I actually noticed things, and by now I can still enjoy it because of the constant jokes in camera/sound. On the other hand, Shaun of The Dead got more and more tedious with each viewing.
>>
>>64528237
HEY NOW
HEY NOW NOW
>>
seriously, I just don't get what people find interesting about the worlds end, it was so fucking boring. It fits nicely with the rest of the trilogy, but the script and characters are so inanimate fucking objects. It seems like Wright was way too focused on direction in this one, cause some of the joke deliveries was magical.
>>
>>64525632

Simon Pegg's character triggers me too much.
>>
File: typical_london_family.gif (3 MB, 426x392) Image search: [Google]
typical_london_family.gif
3 MB, 426x392
>>64525713
>bongcuck opinions matter
>>
>>64528445
>Characters are so inanimate fucking objects

I am going to have to agree with the previous posters that you're too young to appreciate it then. If you do not know at least one person that is like of the represented archetypes you live in a void.
>>
File: renegade angel.jpg (138 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
renegade angel.jpg
138 KB, 900x900
>>64528445
>Being this so young, so cold
>>
>>64528445
>characters are so inanimate fucking objects
The supporting characters aren't great but Gary King is a far more nuanced character than anybody in the previous movies. Hot Fuzz is the one with 2D characters.
>>
>>64525632
>dude lets meet up old friends
>lol lets get drunk
>lol classic gary king
>omg aliens wtf??
>omg bro lets keep drinking 2 fite them
>omg we beat them with alcohol haha XD

100x worse than the pineapple express. One of the worst fucking movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>64528193
Because you can understand the situations and relate to them, doesn't make it a good film. I thought it was pretty average and the weakest of the cornetto trilogy
>>
>>64528994
>Because you can understand the situations and relate to them, doesn't make it a good film.
I didn't necessarily say that but at the very least I can attest that the film has much more depth and impact, and despite what you might think, I'd doubt I'm in the minority on that.
>>
>>64528428
SING THIS CORROSION TO ME
>>
>>64529176
I can agree with the criritcs saying things were 2d in most of the film but the end reveal of King's personality really struck home with me.

I really didn't expect that amount of real in the movie and I thought it was a really killer addition. That reveal boosts Frost's character as well - the hopeless addict and the friend who knew his only salvation was to distance himself from said character.

I enjoyed the pottery of their most ridiculously unbelievable film having the most real human characters.

Characters aside the scene where frost is hammered and telling the chick their game plan "so fuck it" and then punches out a window trying to open the door 10/10 never laughed harder

Fuck the rest, the film was great.
>>
>>64528329
Hot Fuzz pretty much demands multiple viewings for the full experience
Jokes you may have missed(I didn't even notice all the name puns my 1st viewing) plus how the 1st half sets up nearly every joke in the 2nd half.
>>
>>64529574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2poVFLv930c
>>
>>64529612
>>64528329
I will say that I really didn't care for Hot Fuzz the first time around, but I've since seen it a few times and it has grown on me.

Some really good moments, but the Andies are still the best characters in the entire movie.
>>
File: 21r3ci.jpg (53 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
21r3ci.jpg
53 KB, 427x640
Am I the only one that doesn't like this? I must have seen it at least five times and I've just never enjoyed it.
I've even turned ti off before.
JUST
FUCKING
BORING

I liked Hot Fuzz though.
>>
Simon Pegg is a cunt.
>>
Hot Fuzz is more rewatchable then the Worlds End
>>
File: 1443689874137.jpg (9 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1443689874137.jpg
9 KB, 399x382
>>64531138
Your entitled to your opinion. If you don't like the slow, dry British style of humor than there's not much for you. Nothing wrong with that, humor is subjective.
>>
I've never gotten the Hot Fuzz exuberant love. Don't get me wrong, it's a funny movie, but it left me lukewarm since the first time I saw it and I haven't really changed my mind on rewatches. It seemed like the laziest out of all three. Shaun of the Dead and World's End are both GOAT though. As well as Edgar Wright.
>>
>>64525713

>That pasta

That was fast
>>
>>64525632

I was thinking of doing a Gary King costume for Halloween this year, after I was gifted some 1460's for Christmas.

I know the coat was a one off made by the costume designer, but I think I found something close. Figured I could dye it a darker shade of grey.

>link
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/british-militaria/military-uniforms/naval-great-coat-royal-navy-naval-548269.html

Thoughts?
>>
The only good thing about the world's end was the soundtrack
>>
File: 1.gif (1 MB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1 MB, 245x150
>People hating on The World's End

I don't believe this
>>
>>64525842
They did it on purpose
>>
>>64525632
It might be a better movie, but it's not very funny, and it's not a spoof.
>>
They're both great movies and very well written but, from a directorial point of view, TWE is objectively better, we can all agree on that, right?
>>
>>64534193
I'm with you, I thought each addition to the Cornetto Trilogy was stronger than the last. I'm in for whatever Edgar Wright brings next.
>>
>>64525632
What does it matter when all 3 are reddit tier meme humor?
>>
>>64534341
hello, reddit.
>>
>>64527430

I'm 29 and have tried to watch worlds end about 3 times and can't do it. It's just awful
>>
Shaun of the Dead is kind of a classic but a tad overrated and forgettable. doesn't age as well as the other two either. 7.5/10

Hot Fuzz was the best and was meta done properly, best performances too. based fucking Dalton. 8.5/10

Worlds End had a very weak and tonally inappropriate ending (inb4 im not "old" enough) that basically sabotaged the (very good) first two acts. some great performances though, oddly enough the one i think is most crucial to the movie is Pike. with a worse actress (or no one) i can easily imagine the movie losing another 2 or more points.. 7/10
>>
>>64525632
>there are redditors on this board right now who like Simon Peg
>>
The World's End was unfunny shit, and I loved the first two.

I really tried liking it. I just couldn't. I can't. I CAN'T.
>>
>>64535986
You can't bump your own thread m8, but I'll do it for you
>>
>>64536202
I saged, retarded newfriend. I am not OP, nor are you very observant to IP counts.
>>
>>64536244
That was literally my first post itt friend, bumped it cause I noticed someone posted but it was still on page 9, how am I supposed to know if/when the ip count changes if I wasn't there beforehand?
>>
>DUDE THE WORLD'S END IS BETTER BECAUSE IT'S MORE RELATABLE LMAO
I'm sick of this meme, the movie shouldn't automatically be better just because you're a manchild like Gary. It failed spectacularly at the comedy department which was it's one job, Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are much better at it.
>>
>least popular with the vast majority
>must be /tv/'s favourite

I'm done with this contrarian Star Wars board.
>>
>>64538726
No, you're not.

It is better than Hot Fuzz but that doesn't make Hot Fuzz less of an awesome movie
>>
>>64538726
BUT DONT YOU WANT TO HEAR HOW REY IS A MARY SUE ONE MORE TIME??? XD XD XD WE WUZ STORMTROOPERS N SHIET HAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAH XD
>>
>>64536870
>which was it's one job,
As defined by the "le based cornetto" fanboys?
>>
>>64538883
No. As defined by it's genre. It's labelled as a comedy, and it sucks at it.
>>
I thought the ending dragged on a bit but it's definitely the best cast and performances of the Cornetto trilogy.
>>
>>64525632
JOG ON
>>
The fight scenes annoyed me in the worlds end, they were all expert level brawlers.
Would have been a lot funny if it was low skill level fighting instead.
>>
>>64538975
Maybe you should take issue with the person who "labelled" your product. Wright can make whatever movie he wants. "It wasn't the movie I wanted it to be" isn't a valid criticism.

It wasn't as funny as Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead but I don't like laughter so I appreciated that about it. It also the most emotionally mature and had the best rounded characters out of his trilogy so I appreciated that too.
>>
>>64525842
>That fucking ending where you learn more about King Gay was such a slap in the face by reality by an otherwise very fictional movie.
What do you mean?
>>
File: paul-movie-poster-italian-01[1].jpg (985 KB, 1000x1481) Image search: [Google]
paul-movie-poster-italian-01[1].jpg
985 KB, 1000x1481
we can all agree this is a good movie right guys?
>>
>>64539237
>Seth Rogan voices a stoner alien
>Simon Pegg in a none wright movie

No thanks
>>
shaun of the dead is best, stop being hipsters
>>
>>64539056

I feel like the acting in this movie doesn't get enough credit. It's easily some of Pegg's and Frost's best.

>This scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9UJ-CCEQSI

Pegg feels like a real addict, and Frost comes off sincere, trying to save his friend.
>>
>>64525713
>brits
>humor
alright faggot
>>
>>64525901
>>64527350
>>64527393
>>64528089
>>64528555
>>64539313

its a pasta you /new/ faggots
>>
>>64525632
Fantastic fucking film.
>>
>>64525632
It was better.
>>
How would you fix this movie?

I'd reduce the action and then get rid of Martin Freeman because it is a walking meme. Also the post apocalypse ending feels like some tacked on fanboy bullshit.
>>
World's End was probably the weakest of the trilogy, but at the same time was a great comedy by modern standards.
>>
If it was me I would have just accepted the aliens and fucked those schoolgirls all night long
>>
>>64539536
>great comedy by modern standards.
Don't give me that shit. Comedy as a genre is just plain bad and it has always been that way. No movie has ever been funny. I can appreciate Wright on a technical film making level and all the little set ups and call backs are clever but if I saw someone actually laugh at them all I would be able to think is "reddit".
>>
>>64533429
That's definitely the most screen accurate coat I've seen. Go for it
>>
>>64528863
>>omg we beat them with alcohol haha XD
how can you be this bad at watching movies?
>>
>>64533864
were you here when it got released? all the redditors who love the other movies for all the wrong reasons were super pissed it didn't follow some formula to a T

its funny because, objectively, it has more jokes per minute than shaun of the dead but people keep saying it never had any ones at all

and the action choreography was perfect
>>
File: hot_fuzz_look.webm (288 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
hot_fuzz_look.webm
288 KB, 1280x540
>>64538827
TWE is great but it's not better than Hot Fuzz. It can't be better than Hot Fuzz because Hott Fuzz is perfect
>>
>>64539658
this is legitimate asspergers
>>
>>64539831
Hot Fuzz just screams "adult video game player" too much for me to enjoy it.
>>
>>64525632
It is.
TWE just seemed... empty.
>>
>>64539868
wut

I mean I get what you're saying but how is the worlds end any different?
>>
>>64539918
> how is the worlds end any different?
Those same people complain that the worlds end wasn't funny.
>>
>>64539868
it's called being insecure and/or retarded anon
Hott Fuzz is hilarious and nobody I know who likes it plays video games if that helps
>>
>>64539975
It's not as funny as fuzz or shaun though I mean that's an objective truth
>>
>>64540013
>>64540013
>Hott Fuzz is hilarious
I'm getting the video game feeling from your post now too. I just picture the infantilized fedora wallowing in his filth grinning at the screen exposing his shit covered teeth having a "right good kek" while screaming " LE GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD" back at his TV screen. Hot Fuzz is self imposed castration. It is intellectual chastity. True /v/eddit.
>>
>>64540063
Which is exactly why it's better. The infantilized meme audience don't deserve to laugh. TWE enabled their life style the least and so is the most respectable product.
>>
>>64540092
>I just picture the infantilized fedora wallowing in his filth grinning at the screen exposing his shit covered teeth having a "right good kek" while screaming " LE GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD" back at his TV screen
dude the problem is you. Grow the fuck up. Guess I was right with the insecurity and retardation accusations
>>
File: 1390882418933.jpg (14 KB, 360x350) Image search: [Google]
1390882418933.jpg
14 KB, 360x350
I can't believe this thread is still going.

I'm firmly in the "TWE is great" camp and I've never heard one single worthwhile complaint about the film that didn't boil down to, "it made feel bad at the end." After reading this whole thread, I still haven't.
>>
>>64540177
Picture your typical mid 20s fedora wearing video game player. Still locked in his adolescent mindset. Show him Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Which one do you think he will like the best?

The answer is Hot Fuzz and that's why the movie makes me uncomfortable.
>>
> Shaun=Fuzz>End
Fite me.
>>
>>64540220
>that's why the movie makes me uncomfortable.
grow the fuck up you retarded bastard
>>
>>64540241
You grow up. I liked Hot Fuzz when I was a 14 year old too, but I've grown far beyond that to the point that I can see the cultural damage it enables.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 288x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 288x425
>>64536244
>posting in the thread after you saged it
>>
>>64540274
>I've grown ... to ... see the cultural damage it enables
that's called regression aka retardation probably brought on by insecurity
btw the people i know IRL who are redditors prefer TWE
>>
>>64540187
It's less funny and less clever than the other two.

One thing that annoys me is the protagonist. The dude is a giant manshild that never changes and never learns. His friends were right he's an annoying asshole without an arc.
>>
>>64540321
>I affiliate with the ideological enemies of /tv/
Way to completely invalidate everything you've said in this thread so far you white genocide enabling cuckold.
>>
>>64540527
>have friends in real life
>be friends with them based on real life shit
>hey dude, I saw this thing on reddit...
>ok fuck off we're done, I'm never speaking to you again
lmao you retarded sperg
I love b8ing spergs like you into revealing yourselves
>>
>>64540582
I never leave this board and I am completely proud of that fact. If you exist in the outside world you are incredibly easy to compromise with leftist ideology. Especially if you're congregating with literal redditors.

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>64540670
even if you're just b8ing to make me happy that's fine with me, well done. Good night.
>>
never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>>64539146
the only one who could fight well was the fat guy, and that was a gag
>>
>>64541738
you couldn't tell these people a joke if you literally told it to them. They wouldn't even know.
>>
>there are people on this board right now who think he's guilty

>>64537808
>>
File: 1434836205074.png (115 KB, 357x345) Image search: [Google]
1434836205074.png
115 KB, 357x345
>>64539146
The retards on this board never cease to amaze me.
>>
I'm going to watch the World's End just to see what all the fuzz is about.
>>
>>64542057
Have fun, it's bretty good
>>
>>64542095

Not
>britty good

You have one job...
>>
>>64539658
Not being able to understand human emotions and enjoy a joke must suck.
>>
>>64542719
I understand anger, pain, satisfaction. Laughter is a meme emotion that makes everybody involved look retarded. You sit there flapping your mouth like a little dog. "HEU HEU HEU HEU HEU".
>>
>>64542761
Its part of joy.
>>
File: foryou.png (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
foryou.png
303 KB, 1920x1080
>>64542761
>>
>>64542851
Post spiritual directors
>>
>>64542932
>>64542932
Daily reminder that the best directors are religious and spiritual:

Robert Bresson (Catholic)
Federico Fellini (Catholic)
Ingmar Bergman (lapsed Lutheran, still tentatively agnostic but searching out a faith in his films)
Andrei Tarkovsky (raised Russian Orthodox, held onto a faith and spirituality even in Soviet Russia)
Jean Renoir (Catholic)
Francois Truffaut (Catholic (nominal))
Akira Kurosawa (Buddhist-Shinto)
Orson Welles (Protestant Christian)
Terrence Malick (Episcopalian)
Krzysztof Kieslowski (Roman Catholic)
John Ford (Roman Catholic)

Now, exposing frauds that plebeians often mistake for good filmmakers, filmmakers who seek to obfuscate rather than enlighten, who mistake the use of religious references and vague symbolism for genuine spirituality, who are immature, vulgar, pretentious, cold and/or cynical:
Stanley Kubrick (Jewish-born, misanthrope)
David Lynch (Transcendental Meditation (cult))
Alejandro Jodorowsky (Jewish-born, occultist)
Nicolas Winding Refn (Jewish-born, Jodorowsky's spiritual disciple and fraud extraordinaire)
Joss Whedon (atheist)

I saved it because it's 90% true and 10% b8 that's still mostly true
>>
>>64542851
Nice copypasta.
>>
>>64525632
This movie hits a little too close to home, man.
>>
World's End is worst of the three but the first two set the bar impossibly high.
All three are fantastic movies.
>>
>>64543062
reasonable opinions are hard to come by, but this is how most people feel about it
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.