[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't he in the Despecialized version?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: BiggsHS-ANH.png (386 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
BiggsHS-ANH.png
386 KB, 480x640
Why wasn't he in the Despecialized version?
>>
Because he was only in deleted scenes some of which were brought back to the SE
>>
because the whole point of the despecialized version is to return the films to their original theatrical incarnation
>>
>>64523454
You were raised on the Special Edition trilogy, I take it?
>>
Despecialized version is garbage.
>muh filters
>muh instagram color tones
>muh added noise
>muh vignette
>muh multiple footage sources with inconsistent resolutions
>muh hand-blending sources together just like Lucas the hack

Despecialized edition is not "good", it is not "the way the films originally were", it is one shitty colorblind autist's attempt to gain reddit karma by slapping together his own special snowflake version of the films according to HIS "vision".
>>
>>64523773
>Despecialized edition is not "good", it is not "the way the films originally were", it is one shitty colorblind autist's attempt to gain reddit karma by slapping together his own special snowflake version of the films according to HIS "vision".
That he released for free. And it was pretty good
>>
>>64523821
It's garbage. If you're going to download Star Wars for free, just download the original releases, not this shit.
>>
>>64523773
this
>>
>>64523491
Which is dumb because George actually fixed some shit before he started adding stupid cgi stuff.
>>
BIGGS
>>
>>64523491
No, he sometimes mixes both versions. I don't know why he cut the Biggs scene it was honestly a good addition. He also changed the cantina scene mistakenly suggesting that it was Dr. Evazan who lost his arm. I bet he feels really stupid right now. These versions sucks all he had to do was to change back all the dumb stuff like Boba Fett's new voice while keeping the improved visuals and fixing some mistakes.
>>
>>64523773
It's the best we've got and now that Lucas sold to Disney it's probably the only thing we're every going to get. Nobody's sitting here claiming it's some great technological feat.
>>
>>64523986
Even the VHS rips are better. I'm sorry if you're some kind of blind child that can't watch anything unless it's in REMASTERED HD.
>>
>>64524015
Okay, now you're just being obtuse.
>>
File: anniesboobs.jpg (177 KB, 958x1440) Image search: [Google]
anniesboobs.jpg
177 KB, 958x1440
>>64523836
> mfw when you say "original releases"
>>
>>64524124
>posting the monkey
>>
>>64523773
Could you add some more buzzwords to your post I don't think you have enough.
>>
>>64523904
The scene with Biggs doesn't fit with the pacing of the movie, it would make the film feel pretty clunky in regard to how much time is spent on Tatooine
>>
>>64523986
>implying Disney isn't going to release a new Blu-Ray collection after TFA hits the shelf that features theatrical releases of the OT and PT with no additions by Lucas to rake in the dosh from Star Wars autists and "le geek guys and gurls"
I mean, this is Disney we're talking about
>>
>>64523454
>Why wasn't he in the Despecialized version?

Wut?

I thought he was.
>>
>>64524661
>le so nerdy
>even knowing what a theatrical release is
>>
>>64523454
Because that scene bogs down the pacing and should have been cut

It only really works if you have the other deleted scenes on Tatooine which also bogged down the pacing and fuck up the chronology of events completely (They happen DURING the opening fight which means you would have to cut them into the opening scene to show them)
>>
i never got the 'despecialized editons' how autistic can you be that you can't watch a film due to small changes that most people were too young to remember anyway
>>
>>64524661
Fox has the rights for 4 for the rest of eternity

I don't think they lose the rights for the other two until a few decades from now.
>>
>>64524685
Lucas adding shit and "ruining" the films with said additions is a fucking facebook/9gag/reddit meme.
Everyone knows and spouts it.
So if Disney released a version free of Lucas' "meddling" it'd sell like hotcakes because 14 years would see the theatrical releases for the first time and gain nerd cred while they're at it.
Disney would literally only have to say they're "official despecialized" versions.
>>
File: -v-getsanewgame.jpg (16 KB, 452x349) Image search: [Google]
-v-getsanewgame.jpg
16 KB, 452x349
>>64524792

>Small changes

LOL

No one can defend this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4
>>
>>64523491
>>64523762

Biggs was added back into the film in *1979*, for the film's first theatrical rerelease leading up to Empire and was found all but the earliest home video releases. It's foolishly nostalgic to remove him from a "despecialized" edition, since he's been part of the film for most of its history.

>>64524573

We're talking about Biggs' reunion with Luke on Yavin and associated scenes of him in the battle, not his meeting with Luke at Tosche Station at the film's start, which has never been added back into the film.

>>64523821

It's not exactly like he could release it with a price attached (because, you know, copyright law and Fox), so saying he did it "for free" is meaningless.
>>
File: Twi'lek.jpg (75 KB, 485x500) Image search: [Google]
Twi'lek.jpg
75 KB, 485x500
>>64524874
>mfw this is now a Twi'lek thread
>>
>>64525004
>yfw Boba was hitting that asian twi lek
>>
>>64524874
that's bad, but still this wouldn't justify me downloading some faggot edition i would just fast forward past it, or just get over it because im actually watching a kids movie
>>
>>64524874

KU NI TE
>>
>>64524793
>Fox doesn't like money

You're right, their integrity can't be bought
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.