[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Sheev give Vader some OP cybernetics that allow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: vader.jpg (372 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
372 KB, 900x1200
Why didn't Sheev give Vader some OP cybernetics that allow him to move fast and jump great distances etc, like what Grievous had?
Vader would've been literally unstoppable if he had gotten the Grievous treatment, perhaps even restoring his force abilities to 100% because he wouldn't be in a mobile coffin 24/7.

And, he still wouldn't be able to challenge Sheev because of weakness to force lightning.
>>
Because it was early 1980s and they couldn't do shit like that back then
I'm sure if it was made nowadays he'd be OP a fuck
Just wait until Disney make remakes of the OT to milk the cash cow completely
>>
Grievous was more like a jumble of organs in a robot costume, his needs were therefore simpler. Grievous didn't need a body because he wasn't a force user, he was just pissed off in general.

Vader is walking around in a dreadnought; a big life support system with heavy armour and as much mobility as can be afforded. Vader could still use the force to glide around a bit but I'm pretty sure being an aging torso doesn't warrant a lot of backflips.

Also, Sheev trimmed the budget so Vader wouldn't be powerful enough to kill him at any point.
>>
>>64521181
>Just wait until Disney make remakes of the OT to milk the cash cow completely

>yfw they remake the prequels as well.
>>
>>64521181
>Just wait until Disney make remakes of the OT to milk the cash cow completely
>remake the OT
Um, did you not see Force Awakens?
>>
i read that sheev may have intentionally given vader not so great cybernetics as punishment for his loss against obi wan.

in fact he apparently felt like leaving anakin to his death on mustafar but decided not to after spending so many years grooming him to become his apprentice
>>
>>64521328
I'd be happy with this

>>64521462
That was more of a rip off, I mean in 20-30 years time when they literally remake the whole trilogy
>tfw one day an old Ewan McGregor will play old Ben
>>
>>64521916
>Disney is wasting everyone's time by not offering Ewan a billion dollars to return as Obi-Wan for a tatooine hermit movie
instead we get a shitty new hope ripoff and fucking boba fett / han solo origin stories.
>>
Sheev wanted Vader to not be too OP so he could keep him under his control.
>>
>>64522100
>Ewan McGregor as an old hermit on tatooine, refining his skills in the force with lessons from force ghost Liam Neeson
>>
>>64522284
>Or, you know, going on sand adventures, taking down some of Jabba the Hutt's operations, and secretly protecting young Luke
>>
>>64521125
>Vader unstoppable
that's why you dumb fuck, he never wanted Vader to rise above him

you are autistic
>>
File: 800px-First_Death_2.jpg (27 KB, 800x343) Image search: [Google]
800px-First_Death_2.jpg
27 KB, 800x343
>NO, NOT INTO THE DEATH STAR REACTOR SHAFT! IT BURRRRRNS!!!
>>
>>64522598
But Sheev could easily dispatch of him with force lightning, even if he had a better suit.
>>
>>64521125

It was a different story then. He wasn't meant to be OP. The absurd Dragon Ball tier power creep happened in the prequels and shit rolled downhill from there.
>>
>>64523131
Not if Vader went to the famous evil insulation contractor.
>>
>>64523278
This too, before the PT, Vader wasn't the missing piece space god who will become more powerful than everyone, he was just a high ranking officer of the empire who happened to be a fallen Jedi.
>>
>>64522284
>>64522528
Hhnnnngh
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.