[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, >And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
>And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
>And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
>And Hell followed with him.

Movies for this feel?

>The Unforgiven (Eastwood)
>The Sword of Doom (Okamoto)
>>
High Plains Drifter
>>
>>64518460
Really? I can get right to that as I have it sitting on my PC but I haven't watched it yet. Thanks.
>>
>>64518408
The Salvation
>>
>>64518566
If you mean the 2014 movie, not what I am looking for.

That movie doesn't go as hard to the territory of hatred, evil and irredeemable protag as Sword of Doom and Unforgiven. It's really hard to make excuses for Munny and Tsukue in their respective movies.
>>
File: DOOM.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DOOM.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
Pale Rider, High Plains Drifter and Unforgiven are basically a thematic trilogy. Pale Rider's title says it all.

Hitokiri (Tenchu) and Goyokin
>>
>>64518867
Hmh, maybe I'll catch Pale Rider then too.

Another good example would be from TV-Show, Vic Mackey's journey in the Shield. His confession was something else.
>>
No Country for Old Men
>>
the seventh meme
>>
>>64518867
Thanks for the jap recommendations, but how close to are they say, Tsukue's character in Sword of Doom? You could not make an excuse for that person in that movie, he was just flatout irredeemable, seething anger and evil without no coming back from it.
>>
Starred Up.
>>
bamb
>>
>>64518408
Furious 7
>>
Abel Ferrara's Bad lieutenant but the main protag sorta gets redeemed
>>
I wonder, what gives a man (Eastwood) the inclination to direct himself as an emotionless nihilistic killing machine?
>>
File: Unforgiven.png (983 KB, 1579x675) Image search: [Google]
Unforgiven.png
983 KB, 1579x675
>>64522530
Heh, that's actually good question. I'm sure he has answered that in some interview, gotta look for one.

Maybe he wanted to give his final judgement on Hollywood-Westerns that which romanticize the outlaws so very much?

He manages to nail the scowl too, and the way he just carries himself in the movie all work together bringing together Munny as a character, evil, irredeemable.

There's not so many of these movies, people might label them edgy, juvenile, dark, but I like them. There's just something interesting in seeing what makes some monster of a human being tick, like Munny or Tsukue. I like when they don't get any weakly written redemption arc either.
>>
>>64518408
>using the bible as song lyrics
>not paying God royalties
>>
>>64522901
We pay when we die.
>>
>>64522749
>they don't get any weakly written redemption arc eithe

He was still loyal to his dead wife.
He killed the men who killed his only friend.

There's a couple things there.
>>
I second No Country for Old Men
>>
>>64522975
>He was still loyal to his dead wife.
Didn't he change his shit for her? Couldn't the change back to a murderer be, betrayal?
It's been while since I saw it.

>Men who killed his only friend.
eh, just more misery spread.

>>64523015
anton isn't exactly protag though, dude's just like terminator, does it really count?
>>
>>64523074
>does it really count?

Yes, since he's a literal interpretation of OP's green text.
>>
>>64518408
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
>>
>>64523111
Oh well. Yeah.
>>
>>64523074
>Didn't he change his shit for her? Couldn't the change back to a murderer be, betrayal?

We was doing it to feed their kids because the life she turned him to was failing. Plus he didn't sleep with the whore when she offered his a freebie out of respect to his dead wife. William Munny was a piece of shit, but neither were the bad guys completely evil pieces of shit, which makes it such a good movie.
>>
>>64523554
Plenty of people needed to feed their kids back in those times but didn't turn into murderers, much less those that will come back for people's families and kill 'em too like Munny promised (and I believe that he would, shoot the women and children like he did in his youth according to the movie).

He wanted to kill some rapist and by the end of the movie he threatens to kill innocent families.
>>
>>64523663
>much less those that will come back for people's families and kill 'em too like Munny promised

Eh, that can be seen as purely theater on his part to keep someone from taking a shot at him and if you watch him step out into the rain you can kinda see that he is afraid he will be shot down anyway.
>>
CTANKEP
>>
>>64518408

Fargo TV series, 1st Season

you'll know him when you see him
>>
>>64524177
Get that trash out of here.
>>
Come and See, obviously
>>
>>64524241

it was alright until it jumped the shark
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.