[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FACTUAL STATEMENTS THREAD; >the prequels are shit >tfa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: image_7.jpg (25 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
25 KB, 458x360
FACTUAL STATEMENTS THREAD;

>the prequels are shit
>tfa was good
>it will beat avatar in the box office
>the majority of opinions on this board only exist for shock value
>>
Epic meme thread, lad

Welcome to /tv/ you'll fit right in
>>
File: 1450306416846.jpg (426 KB, 1601x1278) Image search: [Google]
1450306416846.jpg
426 KB, 1601x1278
Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise
"thats not how the force works!" "KANJIKLUB!" "chewie we're home!" "TRAITORxD!" "do you have a boyfriend?" "droid please"

4chan humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
>>
File: 8EvwMBT.jpg (121 KB, 538x534) Image search: [Google]
8EvwMBT.jpg
121 KB, 538x534
> if you werent alive to watch Star Wars in the 1970s and 80s then you have never actually experienced its magic and are a bandwagon jumping fraud.

you can spot these plastic faggots when they defend the prequels.
>>
>>64517149

you are the most reddit OP all week
>>
>>64517216
if you thought the comedy was supposed to actually be a comedy then you've got a big problem
>>
>>64517429
>4 sentences makes me reddit
this is why this board is shit and i am right
>>
>>64517508

go back to reddit seriously
>>
Wew lad
>>
>>64517216
im hoping you dont claim to like any star wars movies if these are your thoughts
>>
>>64517149
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64517549
im not going to, im gonna stay right here and keeping making you angry with my superior knowledge of film
>>
>>64517508
The boards shit because you tasteless plebs think you're welcome here
>>
>>64517592

now you get it! now you are /tv/ thank god

Star Wars still blows though
>>
>>64517602
you fucking retards who just like cynically tearing movies apart for no reason because they do it on youtube is why the board is shit. go ahead and tell me why the prequels are great and tfa is shit
>>
>>64517149
Fuck off back to reddit op
>>
>>64517711
if you dont lik star wars at all i get that, but i havent heard one convincing reason from anyone why the quels are better than tfa and it drives me crazy that people think this superficially
>>
>>64517822

>you fucking retards who just like cynically tearing movies apart for no reason

there are fucking a lot of reasons and if you do not see any major faults in 7 you are retarded. prequels are at least fun episode 7 is fucking infuriating
>>
>tfa was good
3 strike, you're out
>>
>>64517892

watch this and tell me he is wrong he articulated it all much better then I could putting all the shit pieces together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNAy7yCMyBw
>>
>>64517149
>the prequels are shit
if you have the attention span of a monkey

>tfa was good
true

who gives a shit about box office this is not /biz/

no
>>
>>64517822
>TFA
Terrible plot, terrible acting, terrible pacing, terrible jokes, terrible characters
>>
>>64517894

If you were infuriated by a fantasy movie for kids you're a bad, unintelligent person regardless of the actual content of that movie. TFA was great and by far the best Star Wars movie made so far, but even if it wasn't, your opinion is worth absolutely nothing. You're a manchild with brain damage... I bet you even post on /pol/.
>>
>the prequels suck but rots is okay
>tfa was good not great 3/5
>the majority of people on this board are trolling
>>
>>64517894
it has faults but what was fun about 1 2 and 3. it was literally, all terrible, sterile, style and no substance

>>64517945
ill watch this later, 20 minutes is too long rn
>>
File: sam.png (73 KB, 201x226) Image search: [Google]
sam.png
73 KB, 201x226
>>64518032

"star wars is such a shit franchise.
let's go over something real quick. in high school, they make you read books, and everything has meaning, right? the wilting rose is a metaphor for end of the roaring 20s. the teacup symbolizes the characters inability to deal with loss ---'are you sure? that doesn't make sense' ---"oh no it most certainly is, everything in literature has meaning, metaphor it's all there.".. For yeears this is what teachers are drilling into you, of course theyre right, that's the way it is.
then at film school i learned the same is true for film.. so-and-so's face is backlit because the director wanted to show that capitalism leads to darkness... the fence is missing some slats at the end to show that even in prison it is possible to fleeting moments of freedom, whatever... every lighting decision and position of the object or whatever, film is the highest form of art, yada yada..... nothing is a mistake, the door left open, the color of the wallpaper, the glance away, the choice of lens--in a well put together film, everything is deliberate, the aim being to convey whatever feeling or idea or further the theme
we're gonna get back to that in a minute
>>
fact: you're waifu a shit
>>
>>64518048
TPM is one of the most immersive cinematic experiences of the last 50 years

>inb4 jar jar webms
>>
>>64517149
CONSPIRACY THEORY:
>There was no genuine hate for TFA
>The people trying to promote a boycott of the movie were paid Disney shills who wanted to make being excited for their toy commercial seem as heroic as their opposition was villainous
>you all got played
>>
>>64518032
Really anon

Bad baiting isn't fun for anyone, just awkward
>>
>>64518089

the original three star wars films were really cool. The special effects were the best ever, practical effects and matte paintings beat CGI any day, even now, still... CGI looks like shite compared to a huge oil matte painting and camera tricks, and if you don't agree or can't see it then you just have bad eyes... sorry to be so harsh but it's obviously true... my ears are bad, i don’t argue with audiophiles with high-end headphones and DACs about how much bitrate you need, so if you think CGI is good you shouldn’t argue with people with functional eyes
original star wars had cool characters even though there was some jokey shit in there with the ewoks or ewons or whatever the little things were, red letter media has a great series of videos breaking the original star wars down and comparing to episodes I II and III --https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
>>
>>64518126
episodes i ii and iii were so bad it was like that movie 'The Room' with that ugly long haired guy only it's worse because so much time and effort was spent making that crap. these are movies that appeal to 4-year olds because 4-year olds are mentally deficient... autists (actual ones) like these movies because there are no facial expressions or emotions to interpret. star wars fans will desperately try to find reasons to justify how theyre good, but if these weren’t branded ‘Star Wars’ and were just generic space opera movies, they would have a weird shitty cult following like those nigerian action movies and people would have ‘awkward star wars’ viewing parties.. they are genuine serious shit
after these movies were made, anyone who seriously thinks of them selves as a star wars fan is basically a toddler with a shiny lunchbox. youre taking a speeder to Naboo, the galactic counsil, me-sa show you to gungan.. how much time was spent going over the script making sure it had enough toddler words. theres almost more dignity being a furry than being a fan of this shit. and if you spend any time reading about it or thinking about it youll also know that george lucas is just hosing you down in the face.. this is a picture of how lucas treats his fans:http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/8/73175.jpg (who can really blame him by the way)
>>
>>64518110

In what way am I baiting? If you use the word "infuriating" to describe your experience watching a critically acclaimed, universally beloved movie, then it's clearly you who is a mentally ill subhuman piece of trash.

>bait

This is the type of shit that gets called bait when you allow your site to be overrun by literal retards. Kill yourself.
>>
>>64518158
sorry for sperging out. i'll get to the point. look at the picture gentlemen. she is holding a 4-ft long black cock, grimacing like she's taking cock in the ---, orgasm face black guy behind her, sex explosion in the background, little peach/flesh-tone white guy robot watching on helpless. Sorry that's just the way it is... this is written by someone with very little tolerance for, and minimal knowledge of, the usual conspiracy theory stuff……. this fact is just something you have to face and accept if we're agreeing on the premise that filmmakers use symbolism. Do you think filmmakers use symbolism? or are films just pretty pictures, and books just fancy words? well here's a pic of a white girl getting steamrolled by a black guy while a cuck droid watches, and it's more cut and dry than anything in Citizen Kane. disagree? then youre either a dope or you have some sort of ideology that won't allow you to see it
Nothing about high-level film-making is accidental, nothing about a 10 billion dollar movie that the whole country is going to see is accidental. it's not my business what you do with this information, you can delve deep into conspiracy theory, or you and your wife can start taking refugees in your home, whatever, drive to oregon with canteens and rations and other stuff, whatever you want to do, but the factual information that you cant argue with is that some people with a lot of money and country-wide influence and an indirect link to the minds of everyone's children, Want You To Think About White Girls And You Know What (the thing in her hand in every shot), and the subjugation of White Masculinity into little rolling bouncing baby balls. that is an unbiased take that anyone with a brain and a rudimentary understanding of film/entertainment should be able to see."
>>
>>64518186
Wow, you're trying so hard but you're just not any good at it
>>
>>64518227
remimder that its literally better off saying nothing rather than that because now youre just bumping the thread, not providing an argument, and ultimately makes you look dumber. same goes for if you say anything along the lines of "_____ reddit"
>>
>>64517216
Tell that to Kanjiklub.
>>
>>64518192
thank you anon, i enjoyed your posts
>>
>>64518337
>being this salty
>>
>>64518435
i dont care, you looking like a fucking dumbass on my thread is annoying but if you wanna tard out be my guest, youre just embarrasing yourself
>>
>>64517986
literally no examples of why those are bad, what the fuck did you want from a fucking star wars movie you mongoloid
>>
>>64518490
>he gets mad
>at an anonymous poster
>on a meme website
>over a children's movie
>>
>>64518607
>thinking im mad
>now officially the current year it is

what are some of your recently watched movies anon
>>
>>64517945
>complaining that the Star Killer Base isn't scientifically accurate

dropped
>>
>>64517149
2 for 4. Not bad.
>>
>>64518756
50% is better than nothing, what two were right?
>>
>>64517384
I wasn't around when the OT came out, but they were the first movies I remember seeing. I would never defend the trash that are the prequels. You're probably not old enough to remember the movies in theaters either.
>>
>>64518727
Problem Child 2
>>
>>64518568

watch this retard holy shit!

>>64517945
>>
>>64518921
just sum it up for me in bullit points, i dont want to watch that
>>
>>64518915
any good? sounds vaguely familiar
>>
>>64518962

ok then you will stay a pleb I guess
>>
>>64518962
Mostly the same complains you see on /tv/

-too similar to ANH
-too many coincidences
-too many backstory/lore stuff left unexplained (like the status of the republic and rebels and how they got that way)
-too many winks and nods for humor
-the logistics of making and operating Star Killer Base, especially as a supposedly small, growing faction like the New Order
-skims over on proper characterization (and Rey is a Mary Sue)
-character motivations of the returning cast doesn't fit with how they were in the OT (Leia and Han don't seem to love each other as they did at the end of ROTJ, Luke runs away and is conflicted in his morality even though hes the good guy in ROTJ)

He also argues that the Prequels are better, and claims the story in the Prequels was better.
>>
>>64518800
The prequels were shit and the majority of opinions on the board only exist for shock value. TFA isn't terrible, but it's definitely not good and I doubt it's going to beat Avatar in the box office.
>>
>>64519256
so hes a hack? he sounds like a fucking idiot. ill watch it tonight, i gotta hear his full argument. thanks for summary though

>>64519155
if you need this guy to explain why you liked it then youre the pleb
>>
>>64519371
domestically its a matter of days, internationally it has great potential too, probably like a 60% chance depending on china, f i had to rate tfa itd get a B / B+. was successful as a space adventure flick, if you look at it under a microscope of course youll find holes,
>>
>>64517945
He makes good points, but he doesn't really explain how this is worse than what the prequels did. The prequels may have had original ideas to bring to the saga, but they still completely fail as movies. TFA is still better shot and better acted than any of the prequels.
>>
>>64519544
Alright, maybe 3 for 4 then.
>>
>>64519421
To his credit, he acknowledges that the MaRey Sue thing could end up being a good plot point in the next film, which is what I think will probably happen.

Beyond that, there are things he points out that I agree with him on but he doesn't really explain well why those points make the film bad. Overall he is good at pointing out things that happen in the film but his analysis and argumentation is poor.
>>
>>64519557

still shit though
>>
>tfa was good

>factual

AHHAHAAAAAHAAHAHHAHHHAhahAHAAhaah

holy shit I'm crying. lmao you've literally been cucked by a Disney action movie for kids. can't make this shit up zenpie. hahahhahaaha
>>
File: 1284093680999.jpg (89 KB, 480x675) Image search: [Google]
1284093680999.jpg
89 KB, 480x675
Dreaming of galaxies far, far away in cinemas nearby. Crowds gasp in amazement swinging their hands along with lightsaber movements. Alas, the audience's awe is uninspired. Just like Kylo Ren walks and talks Darth Vader but is afraid he will not surpass his supremacy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is afraid of treading treading uncharted territory fearing it will not live up to the expectations set by the original trilogy. As a consequence its universe provides nothing but an ersatz adventure.

The banality of the blockbuster serves to suppress the audience's capacity for imagination of better worlds to come. Cool artifice replaces reality. As a spectacle the blockbuster reaches its apex when its whole is self-contained: nothing but images referring to other images of popular culture. In Star Wars: The Force Awakens the universe created is a hodge-podge of familiar elements of its franchise's former glory days. For instance, Rey, who ostensibly is the new Luke Skywalker, originates from a desert planet abandoned by family just as Luke was. The Empire is now called the First Order, ruled by a Sith Lord identical to the Emperor and is still intent on building planet-destroying superweapons containing one fatal construction flaw. Han Solo returns the way the fans were hoping for: flying the Millenium Falcon with Chewie. Sadness of his death stems more from the disappearance of a fan-favorite character than from a tragic narrative.
>>
File: 25119592.jpg (191 KB, 708x1018) Image search: [Google]
25119592.jpg
191 KB, 708x1018
>>64519711

Mired in self-references, the film ultimately signifies nothing. Its world is a poor substitute of man's innate sense of discovery. Where the literature of J.R.R. Tolkien fills the reader with a sense of wonder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens embodies the estrangement of man in his self-shaped artifice. The creatures wandering about come over as nonsensical and a mere sign of inter-space relations. More importantly, advanced technology is elevated to the fantastical, taking the place of man and nature as the source of all worship. Technique is shown to be a worthy ruler. Megalomaniac spaceships, each one bigger than the other, reveal our complex society's preoccupation with technological advancement. The Star Destroyer is its ultimate fetish.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is propaganda of seriousness (as defined by Johan Huizinga) in its most deceptive form. The viewer becomes trapped in its numerous winks to the Golden Oldies. He sublimates his innate alienation living in a technical world of artifice into an ersatz adventure. When he leaves the cinema, his critical faculties are weakened. Instead of being awakened, prompted to use his life force, he is lulled to sleep.
>>
>>64517822
you don't even know what "cynical" means as you're using it incorrectly. You have no grasp of how to "judge" any movie. You're on a Chinese cartoon board defending a fucking generic Disney action blockbuster. You're opinion is clearly garbage.
>>
>>64519681
I never said it wasn't. It just didn't turn the Star Wars universe into video game shit like the prequels did.
>>
>>64518032
Are you even being serious anymore?

1. Star Wars is the epitome of neckbeardism. You don't get to defend it and call others neckbeards. This smacks of stupidity.

2. Not even pleb-shill critics think TFA is better than the OT. If you say something that dumb, no one is going to take you seriously.

It's probably best you crawl back to /v/ or /co/.
>>
>>64519682
>some standard neck beard opinion that came free when i bought my fedora from hot topic
gee you must be a treat to hang out with
>>
>>64519910

10/10 reddit reply
>>
>>64519763
you didnt hear any of my judgements, and cynical; believing that everything is shit for no reason, which is my impression of what happens on this board more often than not. i like talking about movies and this place i exciting
>>
>>64519557
The title could be just to inflame people and grab attention, and he doesn't actually prove the PT is better, but his criticism of TFA is pretty good.
>>
>>64519999
thanks for the bump to my reddit thread. if youre gonna say disney cucked me have a fucking reason why
>>
>>64519999
10/10 quads senfam
>>
>>64520077

its obvious how hard you are cucked
>>
>>64520142
i could say the same for you
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.