[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey=Mary Sue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
>When Luke gets accosted by two guys in the Cantina? Kenobi saves him.
>When Rey gets accosted by two guys in the market? She beats them both up.
>When Luke needs to get off the planet? Han flies him away.
>When Rey needs to get off the planet? She flies herself away.
>When the Falcon needs to be fixed in ANH? Han and Chewie does it.
>When the Falcon needs to be fixed in TFA? Rey does it herself.
>When the evil dark lord Vader descends in ANH? Obi Wan fights him and loses. Luke flees.
>When the evil dark lord Kylo descends in AFA? Rey fights him and wins (despite no training and never having used a light sabre before).

And on and on and on.

Also: it's the second film before Luke can even use the levitation power (after guidance from Obi Wan), begins to learn how to use his light sabre properly after training from Yoda (and gets his ass kicked and hand chopped off in his first sabre fight) and can't do the Jedi mind trick until the third film.

Rey has none of those problems. She's gifted every Jedi power - no training, no struggle. She can do anything, wins every time and everyone loves her. She's able to pilot anything and everything and knows the Millenium Falcon better than its owners. While Luke is initially dismissed as a whiney farm boy by Han and has to earn his respect, in ten minutes Han thinks Rey is amazing, offers her a job and tells her Chewie loves her. She can also speak Wookie because...umm... The Force?

There's no real drama with Rey, no sense of progression. She's boosted from "A New Hope Luke" to "Return of the Jedi Luke" in half an hour because The Force.
>>
>>64515815
>When Luke gets accosted by two guys in the Cantina? Kenobi saves him.

Luke grew up on some fucking farm. Did you even watch the movies? Rey has had to look after herself since she was a child

>When Luke needs to get off the planet? Han flies him away.

autism

>When the Falcon needs to be fixed in ANH? Han and Chewie does it.

did you even watch the movie?

>When the evil dark lord Vader descends in ANH? Obi Wan fights him and loses. Luke flees.
>When the evil dark lord Kylo descends in AFA? Rey fights him and wins (despite no training and never having used a light sabre before).

What is a bowcaster?
>>
>>64515815

Rey is a self insert of jeffREY jacob abrams
>>
>>64515815
10/10

100% Mary Sue
>>
>>64515815
Preaching to the choir
>>
>>64515815
She was a bit too perfect. Hopefully she turns out to be someone's clone. That at least will explain why she's so gifted at everything she does.
>>
>>64515894
You will never have the time it took to write that worthless post back
>>
>>64515894
>Rey has had to look after herself since she was a child
How many times do you think she got raped as a defenseless kid by desperate filthy outer rim drifters?

Do you think Finn will mind when it's revealed she's not a virgin
>>
>>64515894
>using autism as an argument
You literally invalidate any point you have by doing that.
>>
>>64516127

She didn't get raped by anyone because she is a strong independent white women ™. She will gladly give up her virginity to Finn which will set an example for the next generation of white women to follow.
>>
>>64515894
Just because it can be justified doesn't excuse dramatic presentation of Rey having a solution to almost everything and being vastly more competant than everyone around her. alright. If the plot is manufactured in a way that Rey is able to utilize and gain abilities to quickly resolve situations and problems with little consequences then it substantially reduces character growth and trivializes the threat of the opposition.
>>
>>64516127
Who actually believes Rey always found scrap to sell, every single day?
My theory is that while Rey is a good scavenger, there were many weeks where she found nothing or too little that is salvageable at all.

In those weeks she was almost starving. Her body is already burning a lot of calories because of where she lives and what she does all day, so she really needs these little rations.

The implications here, of course, are that from time to time Rey saw no other option than to sell herself to some alien scum at Niima station. Yeah it wasn't always sex, most of the time it was probably enough to give a quick handjob or blowjob to someone so they'd give her half a ration and she'd survive for bit longer until she found some crap to sell, but still.. she found the whole experience extremely degrading and she hated it. It wasn't uncommon for her to have a tear running down her cheek while she had a fat alien cock stuck in her throat.
>>
>>64515815
word
>>
File: ReyofArc.jpg (524 KB, 1270x723) Image search: [Google]
ReyofArc.jpg
524 KB, 1270x723
>>64515815
It's almost as if she has been chosen by the force to become a figure of flawless virtue.
>>
>misogyny
get over it.
>>
>>64515815
It's a shitty written character in a mediocre movie.
I wish people would stop spamming those TFA threads.
>>
>>64516432
>muh soggy knee
Kek, reddit is leaking again
>>
>>64516366
Jeanne wasn't the perfect human being, she was just a figurehead and an inspiration to the troops
>>
>>64516244

>j-just because you proved me wrong doesn't mean I'm wrong

right
>>
>>64516660
>conflating history with folktales.

Which is Star Wars about again?
>>
>>64516885
It certainly isn't about making feminist power fantasy main characters :^)
>>
File: sand_king_by_noel1482-d7bcinu.jpg (117 KB, 1215x657) Image search: [Google]
sand_king_by_noel1482-d7bcinu.jpg
117 KB, 1215x657
>>64515815
This is irrefutable. Awful character and she looks like sand king from Dota
>>
>>64515815
Jesus you autists are still doing this? Nobody gives a shit m8.

9/10 movie. 8/10 protagonist.

>Empire
>Hope
>Force
>Jedi
>Sith
>Clones
>Phantom

Deal with it.
>>
>>64516934
In Star Wars, the leader of the Rebel Alliance is a woman. Her first act on screen is commission of espionage, followed by killing someone.

In Jedi, the leader of the Rebel Alliance is a woman whose network of spies has cracked the secrets of the Death Star.

In Menace, Clones, and Sith, the most influential Senator, who is also a Queen and mother of the future, is a woman.
>>
File: 07.jpg (430 KB, 2048x1487) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
430 KB, 2048x1487
>>64515815
I fucking love Daisy
>>
File: 1452024111439.jpg (1 KB, 79x45) Image search: [Google]
1452024111439.jpg
1 KB, 79x45
>>64518074
>>
File: 09.jpg (489 KB, 2048x2606) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
489 KB, 2048x2606
>>64518162
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>64518074
Fucking no tits
I guess her face is ok though
>>
>A New Hope
>Leia's home planet is blown up in front of her very eyes
>all her friends and family members are dead
>not one tear
>a few hours later Obi-Wan, some hermit Luke has known for LITERALLY LESS THAN A DAY, dies
>Luke cries like a little bitch and Leia has to console him
Leia is either one cold bitch or she's dying inside.
>>
>>64518074
Literally 6/10.
Would not give her a second glance after passing her on the street.
Would not kick her out of bed tho.
>>
>Rey getting ganged up by two guys
>Finn sees her and rushes in
>"Well maybe this movie isn't a feminist propaganda or whatever /tv/cucks shitposted about after all. I bet Finn will help her out and they'll start some interactions."
>Movie proceeds to have Rey beating them both up screaming STRONG WOMIN WHO NEED NO MAN at your face

I cringed really hard at that point.
>>
>>64518074
>Illuminati branding

/pol/ is always right
>>
>>64518221
>What did she mean by this?
do not bleach ?
>>
>>64515815
You're so boring OP..
>>
Mary Rey Sue stories—the adventures of the youngest and smartest ever person to live on her own on a desert planet and ever get a commission for scrap at such a tender age. Usually characterized by unprecedented skill in everything from ship mechanics to advanced piloting, including mind tricks and light saber dueling. This character can also be found burrowing her way into the good graces/heart/mind of one of the Big Three [Han, Leia, and Luke], if not all three at once. She saves the day by her wit and ability, and, if we are lucky, has defeated the Sith Lord by the end, being praised by the entire Resistance.
>>
>>64515815

I agree with all of your points OP but if she is indeed luke's daughter and her mind was erased from all memories of training it might explain a few of your points. We will find out in 2 years I guess.
>>
>>64518074

Why does pretty much every woman have a stupid tattoo somewhere on their body nowadays? I can't take home a fucking hooer from the bar without seeing she has some gay bullshit written on her ribcage or a fucking dumb little mark on her hip when I take off her clothes. It's distracting and it pisses me off that it's not my name or a picture of my face or something else enjoyable to me I can look at while I'm having disappointing sex with her.
>>
File: 8568568658.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
8568568658.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
it's a Disney movie with a female lead, expecting her not to be a bad ass perfect role model for girls is just dumb.

Honestly what were you expecting when you saw her?
>>
>>64518715
Calm down. Breathe.
>>
>>64518074
The sand is getting everywhere.
>>
>>64518760

Fuck you John, you probably forced her to get it with negro voodoo.
>>
File: 02.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2526) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2526
STANDING
>>
File: Celtic.jpg (21 KB, 525x369) Image search: [Google]
Celtic.jpg
21 KB, 525x369
>>64518162
>>64518221
Celtic symbol for air. As in an element.

>>64518450
kek
>>
>>64518946
what a shitty tattoo

I will never understand tattoos, why would you let someone else draw on your body? it's not your creation, it's theirs.
>>
>>64515815
the pottery's fine, she'll eventually emerge as the main villain
>>
>>64518996
>why would you let someone else put food into your body? it's not your creation, it's theirs
>>
>>64519118
that food isn't going to be permanently displayed on me for the rest of my life

and food is food tattoos are tattoos, learn to make a point you retard
>>
>>64518937
>She's peeing

Oy gevalt my schmekel is like a langer lucksh right now.
>>
>>64519118
You have to eat food otherwise you die. Tattoo's aren't one of life's necessities you dumb /v/edditor LMAO @ UR LIFE
>>
>>64519170
>permanently displayed
Have you heard of sleeves? Besides food literally powers your body and either keeps you healthy or makes you a fat tub of shit. Just because people do things you don't like doesn't make it illogical.
>>
>>64519118
we reddit now
>>
>>64519290
Go away dumb tattoofag, your EPIC INK looks like shit and and everyone that matters thinks you're an idiot.
>>
>>64515815
This one works given she grew up by herself on a shitty planet

Yep, she shouldn't have known how to fly and said something along the lines of "If I could I would've left by now"

I'm okay with this given all she does is collect scrap and fix things. She just shouldn't have known more than Han

Think everyone agrees with this. Even though he was really weak she should have just escaped and never used the force or only a small bit. Like slightly shifting the saber into her hand or something.
>>
Can Rey be considered a Disney Princess?
>>
>>64518395
Better than a dindu swooping in to save her
>>
>>64516223
>Rey hasn't sold herself for a few portions in desperation as a teenager.
>>
>>64516244
Thanks for articulating how I felt
>>
She's not even a good role model. Everyone she meets loves her and she solves all her problems with no struggle. What is there to learn from her? That life is easy and everyone will like you? What a shit character. Such a shame since Leia is a great female character.
>>
>>64519468
this and
>>64520946
this
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.