[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the stormtroopers always have American accents when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: RULES-OF-NATURE.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
RULES-OF-NATURE.webm
3 MB, 720x304
How come the stormtroopers always have American accents when all their officers are upper-middle-class North London British?
>>
>>64513221
troopers are random goons
>>
>>64513221
Poetry.
>>
>>64513221
Reminder that he has his own Wookiepedia article now.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_riot_control_stormtrooper
>>
It's less distracting than using French accents.
>>
>>64513221
>Finn slaughtering mercilessly other stormtroopers
>despite knowing that they've been programmed since childhood for this job first hand
>despite being living proof that they're all redeemable
>not even a slight hesitation
Jayj is such a hack
>>
>>64513221
The voice difference is supposed to portray the class system. It shows a smart and detailed Plutocracy that is within the Empire.
>>
>>64513912
Fuck off with this meme. He's literally being chased by the First Order. He'ls killing them in self-defense.
>>
>>64513221
Daniel Craig as The Guard Stormtrooper DID not have an american accent.
>>
>>64514656
just got back from seeing it a second time and he pretty much used the same american accent he used in road to perdition.
>>
>>64514517
And literally gave no fucks when killing people he basically knew his entire life
>Welp I'm on the good side now, stormtroopers are faceless henchmen to me now :^)
>>
>>64513221

because they are the underclass
>>
>>64513912
Yeah they should had added a ''oh god I can't believe I'm doing this'' Factor to it.

He's still young so he should still be somewhat attached to the First order soldiers, If he was old he would had time to really be disgusted by them and to hate them

Finn literally seen one battle and turned.
>>
>>64514929
He clearly did give a shit, and tried to run.
>>
>>64513912
>>64515001
Did you retards miss the part where Finn's "brothers in arms" slaughtered an entire village of innocents?
>>
>>64515222
>if your brother/sister was ordered to kill someone you would immediately forget your relationship with them and feel no remorse killing them.
You know why criminal families are the first ones questioned when a criminal is on the loose?
>>
>>64513221
>British
>not speaking Arabic
Yeah. Sure.
>>
>>64515222
The only one he actually cared about was the one he held in his arms while dying. Probably was his best friend or something and couldn't care less about the rest of them.
>>
>>64514517
This

The only time Finn begins to fight outside of self defense is after Rey gets captured and he infiltrates Starkiller.
>>
File: Akira's Creed.jpg (231 KB, 660x549) Image search: [Google]
Akira's Creed.jpg
231 KB, 660x549
Do you think First Order has Stormtrooper-dramas like how we have cop dramas?
>Riot Control: Nar Shadaa
>>
File: 1451944506929.jpg (67 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
1451944506929.jpg
67 KB, 397x525
Because the troopers are strong, and they have to follow along with their cucked English master's orders. And to any brits who disagree, تمتص ديكي الأمريكي أحمد
>>
File: Finn.png (170 KB, 308x385) Image search: [Google]
Finn.png
170 KB, 308x385
>>64513912
Don't worry, Finn will eventually get what he deserves.
>>
>>64513912

The way I understood it is he didn't really feel bad about killing people, he was just a coward afraid of dying, and made all that shit up to get sympathy from Poe.

Because it wasn't really the killing innocent villagers that shocked him as much as it was seeing his friend die.

Also when he says "it was the right thing to do" and then admits that he just needs a pilot.

Plus in the first half of the movie he just wants to run away. If he really felt bad, he would have wanted to stay and help.
>>
>>64514517
he dindu nuffin
he a good boy
>>
>>64515318
Man this makes the intro so much better
>>
File: alex rolt.jpg (9 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
alex rolt.jpg
9 KB, 214x317
>>64513329
HERE IS YOUR HERO UNMASKED /tv/
>>
>>64513221

because upper-class English accents command respect and people associate them with dignity

whereas American accents are associated with trashy reality TV
>>
>>64515774
>The way I understood it is he didn't really feel bad about killing people, he was just a coward afraid of dying, and made all that shit up to get sympathy from Poe.
Where the fuck did you get this from? Fucking Christ, /tv/...
>>
>>64517400

What's he 14?
>>
>>64517475
iunno but he's apparently an excellent swordfighter
>>
>>64515001
>Yeah they should had added a ''oh god I can't believe I'm doing this'' Factor to it.
I actually do agree with this. I think it's very obvious that he hated the First Order and basically wanted out. >>64515318 is correct as well. There should've been at least some hesitation on his part to kill his former comrades, or better yet, it should've been made clearer that he wasn't really on board with slaughtering innocents and shit before deserting. If anything, the movie kinda began a bit too suddenly. Should've spent a bit more time showcasing Finn as the lone moral outcast among the cold-blooded stormtroopers.
>>
>>64513221
Because Brits are superior to yanks
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.