[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that pilot episodes are almost always overrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nnfgw91aPd1titub2o1_250.png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnfgw91aPd1titub2o1_250.png
51 KB, 240x232
Do you think that pilot episodes are almost always overrated by fanbase? There are not that many really great first episodes, but it's very rare to see fans of the show hate on it's pilot, they like it simply because show started on it, not due to any real merits
>>
>>64512655
Who likes pilot episodes?
>>
File: 1451823920700.gif (429 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1451823920700.gif
429 KB, 320x240
>>64512655
>it's
=
>it is pilot episode.
Stay in school kids.
>>
>>64512725
Cyкa, блядь, ты пидop
>>
>>64512655
The Americans is my favorite show currently airing and I think it's pilot is pretty shit.

>tumblr_nnfgw91aPd1titub2o1_250.png
also, nice literal tumblr toad
>>
>>64512655
Sopranos is one of the few shows that has a brilliant pilot, though it still pales to what follows.

Though Mad Men's pilot (and most of the first season) was weak relative to the rest of the show; rewatch has solidified this.
>>
>>64512655

Depends on the pilot though, most of the are pretty average when compared to the rest of the show because its setting up the stakes, characters and world.

But others just do it right such as BSG and TWD where the pilot is up there with the best of the show
>>
>>64512772
Dobayov blyet.
>>
>>64512655
Pilots are very often noted as being weaker episodes since they have to set everything up, and/or the look of the show is not yet fully formed.

You're clearly 17 years old
>>
Shows with shitty pilots: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, The Office, Seinfeld.

Shows with good pilots: Twin Peaks

The only shows with good pilots anymore are streaming only shows on Netflix and Hulu and shit because they don't really have pilots, just first episodes.
>>
>>64513560

The reverse of this is true.

Sopranos pilot is decent, but it's really unsubtle and even unrealistic compared to what follows.

Mad Men's pilot is great, one of its better episodes, and the first season is one of the best.
>>
File: 142319875613.jpg (87 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
142319875613.jpg
87 KB, 250x370
>>64512655
>amazing 10/10 pilot
>7/10 for the rest of the season
>shits the bed after
>>
Some are great because it's the episode they use to sell a show. The show won't even get picked up for a full season if the executives don't like the pilot so they put a lot of effort into making it good.
>>
LOST's pilot was the best episode of the series
>>
>>64514117
That 70s show has a very good pilot
>>
>>64514391
And then they proceeded to shit in the mouth of America for years
>>
The best pilot episodes I can remember are Twin Peaks, Breaking Bad and Lost.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.