[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Henceforth, you will be known as Darth...........Vader.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1451972905054.jpg (125 KB, 901x542) Image search: [Google]
1451972905054.jpg
125 KB, 901x542
>Henceforth, you will be known as Darth...........Vader.

Where did he get that name?
>>
>>64511115

because Sheev knew that Anakin was Luke Skywalker's father
>>
You made this thread yesterday you autist
>>
It was a joke about killing younglings.
>>
>>64511115
As well as Emperor Palpatine's Surgical Reconstruction Center, he also owns Sheev's Big Book of Baddie Names
>>
novelization said he contemplated the Force when he paused
>>
Sheev knew as anakin was Luke's father and he also knew Dutch so he named him dark father so Luke would know that Vader was his dark father
>>
It's Swedish for weather. And it was a nice day.
>>
He read the script.
>>
STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT STOP WITH THE STAR WARS SHIT
>>
>>64511115
Plaguies/Snoke told him from offscreen
>>
>>64511493
Look at this faggot panicking.
>>
Could Sheev have prevented the lightning from fucking him up? Or did he sacrifice his looks so Anakin could feel sorry for him and kill Mace?
>>
Fuck knows. Sounds like he pulled it out of nowhere, as I'm sure he did with Maul and Tyrannus.

>>64511493
Yeah, man. Your post is far less annoying.
>>
>>64511115
>Where did he get that name
It's an intentional bastardization of 'dark father' in German.

This is documented, and asking the in-universe explanation of names in the SW universe is a waste of everyone's time, even ironically shitposting.
>>
>>64511493
EpVII fanboy please go
>>
>>64511115
as far as I know anakin was the only sith with children so maybe that's the reason why
>>
>>64511115
I heared there was a scene Lucas cut from the movie. Apparently Vader is the brand of a chocolate bar Sheev saw lying around during this scene, and that's why he named Anakin Darth Vader.
>>
>>64511883
That was really fucking shit. I physically cringed a bit.
>>
File: 1451970051132.jpg (70 KB, 720x667) Image search: [Google]
1451970051132.jpg
70 KB, 720x667
>>64511643

I thought Lucas didn't decide to make Vader Luke's dad til after IV was released?
>>
>>64511299
how did luke learn dutch?
>>
>>64511115

Oh you know, 3 movies wasn't enough time to explain a detail as superfluous as his name
>>
>>64511643

German for father is Vater.

Vader is Dutch for father. And Lucas decided that Luke is Vader's son when he was working on ESB. So I have no fucking idea why he used Vader.
>>
Lucas, in one of his early interviews, said that it was short for "invader."

It was an irony to how Anakin invaded the dark side of the force and become very powerful and that was how he fulfilled his chosen one prophecy.
>>
>>64511115
>Where did he get that name?
From the OT you dumbass
>>
>>64511115
He was thinking of invading his butthole and it came to him. This is why the next thing on his mind was younglings.
>>
>>64511115
From the odd, self-pleased way that the Emperor announces Vader, I'd always assumed it was his way of mocking Anakin for his failures. Darth Sidious was fucking strong in the force and I'd assumed he'd seen scraps of Anakin's failure on Mustafar as well as the birth of his children. Note enough to know that his apprentice would be bacon, but enough to know a great battle was coming.
>>
>>64511115
back in prequel times Sheev was really into that death metal band from poland
>>
Dark Invader.
Dark Insidious.
>>
Read Lords of the Sith

Sith have their own secret language

Coinicidentally a lot of bad words in galactic basic are mormal words in Sith

Like Vader in basic could imply invader, but in Sith it could mean 'power' or 'vengeance'. Its like this you see
>>
>>64513330
Darth Sidious in normal sounds like insidious

But in Sith, sidious is the word for grapefruit
>>
>>64513330
The EU really is garbage.
>>
>>64512969
>>64511133
>>64511299

If you stop being retarded for a second it may occur to you that Sheev knew Padme was pregnant and that it was the very reason Anakin just turned on Windu to save him.

Darth "Father" isn't so stupid when you consider that.
>>
>>64511115

big book of sith names
>>
>>64513330
Where are Darth Krataa and Darth Irluuk then if what you say his true?

Mr. Death was too on the nose?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.