[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE SERGIO GEORGINI LMAO Why is this show such garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: britishmichaelscott.jpg (67 KB, 468x470) Image search: [Google]
britishmichaelscott.jpg
67 KB, 468x470
>DUDE SERGIO GEORGINI LMAO

Why is this show such garbage compared to the American one? It's literally nothing but "Dude we're from London, so quirky and random lol xD" And Pam to Dawn is what Pamela Anderson is to Rachel Dratch
>>
American Office is garbage, and so are you
>>
literally DUDE I'M ATHEIST: the show
>>
I haven't seen the US Office but I really enjoyed the UK version

I don't remember his jacket being a running joke though
>>
>dude we're from london

it's not set in london.

it is very overrated though.
>>
>>64510457
(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)
>>
99.9% of britbong shows are absolute fucking trash.

Also the chick that played britbong Pam was on the last season of Maron and she is fucking FAAAAAAAAAAAAT now.
>>
>>64510457
Even though the Brent character was pretty much a rip-off of Alan Partridge, he was cringey good and The Office was a quality show.
>>
File: Lucy Davis.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Lucy Davis.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>>64511046

LEL Maron looks like he just realized who she was in this pic and how disgustingly fat she got.
>>
>dude wacky characters doing wacky things in wacky contrived situations

The US Office was an abomination. Why even call it The Office when you're going to make it a generic American sitcom?
>>
>Even Gervais has said the American version was better

Britkeks on suicide watch.
>>
>>64511173
It was only like that from season 6 on, the 2nd to 4th seasons were an especially high bar.

It went downhill right when Jenna Fischer turned 35
>>
>>64510457

>uk office: well-writen influential and intelligent cringe humour
>us office: forgettable generic DUDE AWKWARD LMAO trash
>>
>>64511321

I think you accidentally switched those two.
>>
Since you are American, everything that is not American is offensive to you.

Stick to American TV shows, or SJW shows that pander to your sensitivities.
>>
>>64511344
one had a remake
both are forgoten
>>
>>64511230
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author
>>
>UK: 14 episodes
>US: 201 episodes
Why don't they know when to stop?
>>
>>64511373

Would that remake be the superior to both Parks and Recreation?
>>
>>64511418
I know, those dumb British faggots should have known to quit after that terrible first episode and let the superior American TV show makers work their magic.
>>
Seriously. Why can't Americans into comedy?
>>
File: stromberg.jpg (115 KB, 710x472) Image search: [Google]
stromberg.jpg
115 KB, 710x472
>all the people that never had the joy watching the german show influenced by the uk office

The lead actor and the "main cast" knock it out of the park with flawless comedic timing. It's 10/10 cringe humor.
I watched the UK office first and loved it. Had no hopes for the german "adaption" but it blew me away.
The US office is just fucking weird try hard stuff. Guess american audiences can't into european humor so that's why they yell and make straight forward awkward statements instead of subtle jokes within conversation or situation.
>>
>>64510457
>Why is this show such garbage compared to the American one?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1449159400517.jpg (34 KB, 397x359) Image search: [Google]
1449159400517.jpg
34 KB, 397x359
>>64511554

Americans legitimately do everything better than the British. Also British people are disgusting and hideous creatures that look like they slithered out of the bottom of a dumpster behind an abortion clinic inside of a nuclear power plant.
>>
>>64511559
>World War wins: 0
>>
office uk was way better

i'm american
>>
>>64511656
US Office was better.

I'm British.
>>
>>64511604
We even speak English better than the British. It's "To whom does the white thong belong?"
Fucking bongs.
>>
>>64510457
Looks like somebody doesn't know about the free love on the Freelove Freeway
>>
ITT: 1776
>>
obsessed tobh
>>
>>64511729
What's the point of this thread? Can you not be sincere enough to voice your honest opinions to an anonymous website
>>
>>64511964

The point of this thread is that the UK Office was worse on every single level than the US Office.
>>
>>64512034
No but what do you really believe?
>>
Just started rewatching the british office. Watching it now actually. I'm American, so maybe biased, but I much prefer the American Office. More characters, Michael Scott is god-tier funny, and I think that he and Dwight have a better and more entertaining relationship than Gareth and David.
>>
>>64512052

That's not only what I believe, it's what the truth is.
>>
>>64512088
Lose the irony and get back to me
>>
>>64512115

Stay mad, plebeian.
>>
>>64510457
I know this is a troll thread, but The UK Office worked so well because it was in touch with many actual people.

They knew these dumbfuck middle management pricks who thought they were the greatest people ever. They knew all the little office politics and pranks they saw.

It was great and so successful because it was relatable. it's not surprising people outside the UK, or kids who are too young to know, don't really get it
>>
The Office (UK) wasn't made to appeal to EVERYBODY like American shows are, it's ok not to like it bro.
>>
>>64511964
I don't know why you addressed that to me. I'm the one person in this thread saying something that's objectively correct.
>>
>>64511559
>German """""""comedy"""""""

Der großplebe
>>
>>64512128
Get help, some day you will be able to tell people what you really think
>>
File: I dont like it.jpg (62 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
I dont like it.jpg
62 KB, 500x640
>>64510457
>>
>>64512208
I was supposed to remove the quote link from the quick reply, my mistake

Regardless correct grammar is too formal for the Jeremy Kyle show so top yourself
>>
>>64512308
>"We were being retarded on purpose so it's okay!" - Britain
>>
>>64512342
I bet the US equivalent would use "who" too
>>
>>64511163
oh no :( she was a qt
>>
>>64512431

She's seriously like 500lbs. now. That's like a million rocks in british weight measurement.
>>
File: LL-1Ds-TVFinales-TheOffice.jpg (15 KB, 448x269) Image search: [Google]
LL-1Ds-TVFinales-TheOffice.jpg
15 KB, 448x269
>>64510457
"If you don't blow me in Slough, you will never ever ever blow me."

>DUDE CHANGING THE LYRICS LMAO
this is what bongs call humor

>sitting on a cock cause i'm gay
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x492
British TV sucks dick. All the British versions of American shows are far worse.

British Top Gear? An unfunny violent manchild spouting memes at a camera. British office? you'd have to be autistic to laugh at that shit and everyone's ugly.

And don't even get me started on Monty Python

>le spam XD

Brits today can't even watch tv without it being preapproved by the BBC to make sure that it's nonproblematic.

If you like British Tv you should just stick to fucking reddit.
>>
>>64510457
The best thing about /tv/ is that the plebs always make themselves known
>>
>>64513425
Yes you do. We'd appreciate if you would use tripcodes too too so we can filter you though.
>>
>>64513425
>Ricky Gervais
>patrician

WEEWOOO WEEEWOOO REDDIT POLICE HERE WE GOT A LIVE ONE

>>64513374
Based
>>
>>64510457
ricky gervais is was and always will be a piece of human garbage
>>
OI BRUV DID I MENTION I'M AN AFEIST?

I'M AN AFEIST DID I TELL YOU?

AS AN AFEIST I AM MUCH SMARTER THAN YOU.

BY THE WAY DID I MENTION I'M AN AFEIST?
>>
>>64512712
>DUDE FALLING OVER LMAO
this is what clappers call humour
>>
>>64513627
You do that more on your shit shows than we do, dipshit.

>DUDE MEN IN DRESSES LMAO

Fuck the British.
>>
>>64511163
Maron,Dan harmon and bill murray are all catmen.
>>
>>64510457
>It's literally nothing but "Dude we're from London

The Office isn't set in London, it's set in Slough. Ricky Gervais is from Reading and Stephen Merchant is from Bristol.
>>
>>64513761

No one knows what those things are. Go away bongoloid.
>>
>>64510457

I like the American one a lot. It has a warm and cozy feel. I was actually sad after it ended (by ended, I mean when Michael left).

But the English one is objectively better (there is no scene in the U.S. comparable to the scene where David Brent gets fired in terms of filmmaking quality) and much funnier.

It's a rare case though of a remake actually being substantially different and good in it's own right.
>>
>>64513627

"There is nothying in the world funnier than people falling over. That is why I try to include as many people falling over as possible in my shows." - Miranda Hart, beloved British comedianette
>>
>UK is bleak and depressing

>USA is colorful and charming

I'm not talking about the shows
>>
>>64513761
No one knows the difference between those places outside of New Pakistan
>>
>>64511418
Gervais has said multiple times that the US Office was nothing more than his cash cow
>>
>>64510457
Because Americans don't understand british humour

You think it's a meme, but it's not
>>
>>64513944

It's hard to understand something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>64513944
>Because Americans don't understand british humour

This lie is the reason why the British Office has a cult following. You think watching it makes you intelligent because it's viewed by a smaller audience, only had 14 episodes, and is the original. The writing isn't excellent, it's incredibly mediocre, in your face, and unrefined. The concept, style of a single camera and cringe humor is the one and only reason the show did well, and the execution misses the mark while still being full of good ideas. That's why a show that used the same format and same name became one of the largest shows ever on television.
>>
>>64514414
You realize I saw the UK Office before the US one had even been made?
>>
>>64513374

>names two british shows
>all of them are worse than any american show

safe pham
>>
you fucking sperglords will argue about anything
>>
>>64515247
No we won't!
>>
>>64513374
>British Top Gear?
>An unfunny violent manchild spouting memes at a camera.

Spotted the cuck
>>
>>64515247
prove it faggot
>>
UK office had lots of laughs for me and i was sad it only had two seasons
I understand not everyone likes cringe humor though
>>
>>64512469
> he thinks pounds aren't a British measurement
>>
File: er9j.jpg (124 KB, 1280x644) Image search: [Google]
er9j.jpg
124 KB, 1280x644
Would you blow and swallow a disgusting fat slob three times a day for a year straight, if that meant orphan Erin (not the actress, the actual character) was yours to do with as you please for the rest of your life?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x696
>>64516664
forgot to add, you don't get possession of her until after the year was over
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.