[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad ia it going to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2016-01-05-16-19-54-1.png (297 KB, 1080x1114) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-05-16-19-54-1.png
297 KB, 1080x1114
How bad ia it going to be?
>>
>>64509951
are they literally just rehashing old plot lines under the guise of new movies now?
>>
better than TFA, that's not hard though
>>
It will be considered to be better than the OT
I'm calling it
>>
>>64509951
I'd hate for Katarn to have been retconned completely.
>>
>>64510018
I guess its taking place between 3rd and 4th movie so its the rebels who found the plans for leia
>>
>>64509951
Let me guess, this shit will be about Rey's mother?
>>
WHY NOT JUST MAKE A SHOW ABOUT KYLE FUCKING KATARN
WHO ARE THESE HIPSTERS ON A POSTER
>>
>>64510142
He was Kotor got it the worst though.

>>64510278
Donnie Yen should've been a jedi not some wise blind fighter pilot
>>
>>64510364
Isn't there still hope for KOTOR due to EA and Disney possibly striking some kind of deal in the future? Besides, Darth Bane is canon, and he got the Two Sith teaching from Revan.
>>
Let me guess what the synopsis for the second Rogue One movie will be -
Rebels set out on a mission to steal the plans for the Death Star. Many Bothans die.
>>
>>64509951
Oh look it's another Death Star movie. Such creativity.

Oh look the protagonist looks strikingly similar to Rey. What could that mean? :^)
>>
File: Fans of Video Games.gif (685 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Fans of Video Games.gif
685 KB, 500x281
>>64510398
>Isn't there still hope for KOTOR due to EA and Disney possibly striking some kind of deal in the future?
EA already owns it since they own Bioware and modern bioware has proved multiple times they aren't capable of doing anything. Darth Bane got that based on Sith power struggles Revan/Malak would have been a terrible example for him.
>>
>>64509951
I'm excited. Far more excited than I was with TFA.
Remember those times when the Force was only a small part of the Star Wars universe? And the galaxy didn't spin around the Skywalkers? And the franchise tried to establish an adventurish, vast universe where danger and exciting stories could be found anywhere?

This will probably be a return to the 1977-1980 era of the SW franchise.
>>
>>64509951
The movie will be as bad as TFA.
I am more worried about the the shilling campaign by Disney's drones.
>>
>>64510566
Death Star Movie #4
>>
File: felicity jones-gf23.jpg (325 KB, 1200x1765) Image search: [Google]
felicity jones-gf23.jpg
325 KB, 1200x1765
>>64509951
I just want to see Felicity Jones sweaty and dirty.
>>
>donnie yen
>based Mads
>alan tudyk
>forest white taker

Actually looks good
>>
File: Felicity-Jones-009.jpg (517 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
Felicity-Jones-009.jpg
517 KB, 2060x1236
>>64510644

I wanna make kissies on her big teefy weefy.
>>
>>64510637
If this was a movie under the "Episode" line I would be fucking pissed, like I was with Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

But this is a spinoff movie. Consider it like one of those EU stories, but in movie form, and quite probably more quality and careness.
>>
Will there be an opening crawl for this movie?

Because if they plan to do them for every spin off as well as the episodes, people are going to get sick of Star Wars real fast.
>>
>>64510566
not shill: the post
>>
>>64510847
I don't think there will be. It will most likley open with a "** years before the battle of Yavin" and then just start.
>>
>>64509951
The series should be called Death Stars instead of Star Wars.
>>
Felicity Jones is way better looking than Daisy and can actually act, so it's an improvement.
>>
>>64509951
One of those movies is gonna be better than any trilogy movie ever
>>
>>64509951
>Back to back Disney Star Wars movies featuring Death Stars
ENOUGH
>>
>>64509951
Does anyone else feel like these multiple strong female protagonists are stealing Leia's thunder?
>>
Why not a series about Rogue Squadron?
>>
This will be the Han Solo movie:

Han meets Chewie. Starts off badly. Saves Chewie's life, probably. Best friends forever.

Han wins the Falcon from Lando. He cheats, probably.

Starts smuggling for Jabba.

Does the Kessel run in "less than 12 parsecs".

Greedo really hates him.

Has to dump Jabba's drugs from the hidden compartments when boarded by Imperials.

He now owes Jabba.

The End
>>
its gonna be a fucking masterpiece.

the swfags and normies aren't going to quite get the resulting hype and reviews, but film lovers with a deeper palate are going to fall in love with the movies style, imagination, fun, and the minimalism/underplayed-but-still-aware approach to ideas

88% on RT with an average score of 8.3/10

"Brutally beautiful and surprisingly imaginative, Rogue One is the Star Wars movie we need, but didn't deserve. With some shockingly good performances and direction that lives up to the story, it can be fun for the whole family.. whIle providing just enough thematic exploration to leave you begging for more."

just like paid reviewfags aside TFA is making the prequels look better with all its flaws and hackwork, this is gonna come along and be one of the major trigger points that shifts momentum against that piece of shit and retroactively puts it into the fucking ground

i can dream, right guys? g-guys??
>>
>>64511909
Their adventures were retconned
>>
>>64512071
Kasdan has already said they don't want to make an origin movie, or a movie where younger Han Solo becomes the cold-blooded smuggler from the Mos Eisley cantina scene.
>>
>>64512071
It'll probably fucking end with him sitting in the cantina.

We'll get an over the shoulder shot of an old guy in robes approaching Han's table.

Cut to Black.

There are no levels of pandering Disney won't stoop to.
>>
>>64509951
Better than TFA.
I hope.
>>
I recall there was some dogfighty spaceships in atmosphere battle and it was very forgettable. I don't think this can work in 3d without the ability for fast cuts itll only turn into 3rd person vidya.
>>
>>64512125
So what will the film be about then?
It sounds even more pointless than the fill-in-the-blanks stuff.
It will end up being Guardians of the Galaxy, generic space romp then.
>>
>>64510142
Katarn has a billion feats through the vidya already, nobody cares if he stile the plans or not
>>
>>64509951
Disney cinematic universe when?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 395x401
>>64510192

>yfw Felicia will be Rey's mother
>>
>>64512071
stop

fucking

typing

that

you

dumb

cunt

fuck.
>>
>>64510523
>Revan/Malak would have been a terrible example
No, but that's literally what it says in the EU lore. That he got his hands on Revan's holocron or whatever and used his knowledge to develop the Rule of Two.
>>
File: 1358639149227.jpg (424 KB, 1000x646) Image search: [Google]
1358639149227.jpg
424 KB, 1000x646
you fags will never beileve it but the baddies name is Sand/coarse in an old arabic language
>>
>>64511886
>strong female protagonists
This term is draining only because Hollywood has written well done female characters in the past. Now the term 'strong' is making them think "THEY HAVE TO HIT AND PUNCH SO STRUNK AND HAVE ATTITUDE! xD"

That doesn't make a good female character at all. The Bond girl in Spectre suffered because of this. She was terrible.
>>
>>64509951
>a starshit flick about death star
Literally TFA tier trash.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.