[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Goat tier child actors/acting performances The character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
File: dekalog1[1].jpg (40 KB, 496x386) Image search: [Google]
dekalog1[1].jpg
40 KB, 496x386
ITT: Goat tier child actors/acting performances

The character was a bit insuferable, but the acting was impressive for a kid
>>
>>64509688
Bump
>>
that gay kid from curb
>>
Dakota Fanning in I Am Sam
Elle Fanning in Phoebe In Wonderland
Johnny Sequoyah in Believe
Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon
Jaroslava Schallerová in Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
Macaulay Culkin in My Girl
Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense
Morgana Davies in The Hunter
>>
>>64509688
Ana Torrent in Spirit of the Beehive
>>
File: Turtles Can Fly.webm (3 MB, 720x392) Image search: [Google]
Turtles Can Fly.webm
3 MB, 720x392
Any Ghobadi flick
>>
>>64512068
good list.
you forgot Jodelle Ferland in "Tideland"

great list of performances here:

http://letterboxd.com/u9dh5w8bj0ddslb/list/little-girls-are-the-best/
>>
>>64512068
>Jaroslava Schallerová in Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
lel no
Pedo performance aside she was dead in the face
I don't know if that was the point because Valerie is in a dream world but she was chosen for her looks over any kind of acting capability
>>
>>
File: 1418285653283.jpg (104 KB, 1356x950) Image search: [Google]
1418285653283.jpg
104 KB, 1356x950
>>
File: mathilda.jpg (47 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mathilda.jpg
47 KB, 1024x768
>this wasn't the first reply
/tv/?
>>
>>64512253
Film name?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFSxyrCnLk
Nothing worse than kids fucking trying to act
>>
He girl from Mouchette
The girl from Pathar Panchali
Jake Lloyd in the phantom menace
>>
Fairuza Balk in Return to OZ. None of her main costars were human. She carried the whole movie by acting against puppets.
>>
>>64509688
Natalie Portman was fantastic in Leon
>>
>>64513459

>film

It's a flick at best
>>
File: quatrecentcoups.jpg (20 KB, 610x261) Image search: [Google]
quatrecentcoups.jpg
20 KB, 610x261
>>
Tye Sheridan in The Tree of Life
and Mud
and Joe
and Entertainment
>>
File: sotb.jpg (107 KB, 1280x780) Image search: [Google]
sotb.jpg
107 KB, 1280x780
>>64512218

Came here to post this
>>
>>64513851
The film is a masterpiece, but what's so good about ana torrent acting in there? Her eyes are hipnotic but her acting is terrible, maybe its just because im a native spanish speaker and i can recognize that she talks like she is reading from a paper.
>>
>>64509688
>>
File: jandl_ivan1.jpg (26 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
jandl_ivan1.jpg
26 KB, 300x400
This is confirmed as best kid acting ever
>Karel Malik in The Search

>Ivan Jandl was born in 1937 to the family of accountant Klement Jandl and his wife, Bozena. His first film appearance was a very small role in Martin Fric's "Varúj!" but he remained with radio, which was where Fred Zinnemann chose him in an audition for The Search. After the film's success, Ivan got lots of fan mail from all over the world, and in 1949 he received a telegram, an approximate translation of which reads: "You won the Academy Award for outstanding child actor. Congratulations. F. Zinnemann," followed the next day by an explanation (because Oscars were not generally known there at the time) from the production company (Praesens Film): "An Oscar is the highest award given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Congratulations." Ivan couldn't attend the ceremony, so the Oscar was brought to him in Prague by some members of the academy. There he received many offers (films and contracts), but it was decided by the government that he was to be "preserved to be used by the Czech film industry," but ironically, he went on to make only 3 films: 1 in 1949, 1 in 1951, and 1 in 1955. After graduating from high school, Ivan wanted to study at the Theatre Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (DAMU), but he was told he should not have accepted an award from the American film industry and was thus turned down. He then changed careers many times, only to return to the radio in 1965 as a program manager, becoming an announcer in 1969. In 1972, he was forced to leave radio. He had a brief stint as a stage manager in a theater in Teplice, and that was all there was for him in show business. In 1985, for the first time since 1948, he met Jarmila Novotna, the famed opera singer who portrayed his mother in The Search. In 1987, Ivan died at the age of 50 of diabetic complications in his apartment in Prague.

feels bad man
>>
>>64511289

He was pre-gay.
>>
The little girl from The Fall.
>>
>>64513459
Turtles Can Fly

>>64513631
Have you seen it?
>>
>>64513851
Is this boy or girl?
>>
>>64512687
she's so ugly
>>
The kid from This is England
>>
>>64512687
what is that
>>
haven't seen her in pacific rim, but she was excellent in the few dramas she's been in.

girl can real tears on demand.
>>
>>64514056
her acting was top tier. I honestly did not expect much from her, but she proved me wrong.
>>
>>64514056
Too bad she was ugly. When I see a film staring a kid I expect her to be eye candy. I licked Orphan because of that.
>>
File: gabby.jpg (59 KB, 775x419) Image search: [Google]
gabby.jpg
59 KB, 775x419
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.