[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched this. Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: blade-runner.jpg (34 KB, 297x446) Image search: [Google]
blade-runner.jpg
34 KB, 297x446
I just watched this. Is it any good?
>>
>>64508134
Haven't seen it yet, it's terrible
>>
>>64508134
I just marathond the first 10 minutes my self
>>
>>64508134
you just watched it, why the fuck do you need to ask us if it's good

pro tip: it's great
>>
>>64508134
I marathoned the first three hours of the director's special cut (2005) last wednesday, i give it 6 bags of popcorn
>>
I just read the Wikipedia synopsis OP

Sounds like derivative dreck, give it a 4/10 and move on
>>
I didn't exactly care for it, I tried ti watch it 6 times and finally finished it.

Ita beautiful definitely, and a lot of people talk about the story and its views on human and robot life and how "is anyone really human", that kind of thing, but as for the story and characters, it seems a bit shallow, or as some fans might say "morally ambiguous" because the characters don't really talk about their motivation.
>>
>>64508134
I literally closed my video player after 30 min of nothing happening.
>>
But was Harrison fords character a robot?
>>
Why would you chose to watch a movie made before 2000 ?
>>
I binge watched it a few weeks ago because its free on xfinity.

I turned it off when he rapes the replicant girl, because i was triggered.
>>
3 days until Roy's incept date
>>
>>64508134
Closed the youtube tab after 10 minutes, what a piece of shit.
>>
>>64508350
welcome to /tv/
>>
>>64508466
Yeah I stopped watching like 40 minutes in myself. As someone on this board pointed out, for its time it was great and different but compared to later sci fi it's a bit slower paced.
>>
>>64508466
>>64510059
Underage please go.
>>
>>64508350
>not asking if it was good or not just to make sure your opinion was right/wrong
>>
>>64509846
you can't enjoy a movie if you're marathoning 10 minutes like that

take it easy
>>
No, it was just Harrison Ford looking somber with some neon lights behind him. Logged out of Putlocker around the 40 minute mark.
>>
>>64508134

You meemed wrong. It's supposed to be

>I just marathoned this. Is it any good?
>>
File: jkgyBOQ.png (197 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
jkgyBOQ.png
197 KB, 499x499
>>64508466
>>64508463
>>64510059

Here's the thing, I could only watch it for twenty minutes at a time, I deleted and downloaded it again several times, the entire experience was me being unimpressed with Harrison Ford's "I'm a noir salt of the earth type guy here on this disgusting planet" acting style, and thinking how 80s the strippers looked.

One day I turned it on and watched it in my dark bedroom, and it was one of the greatest things I had ever seen. The acting of the two main girls, the last replicant in the stormy building and his speech, it was all incredible. One of the greatest films I ever saw, and it took me a few tries.

I would definitely say keep trying to watch it, I can't imagine my life without this movie logged into my memory.
>>
>>64508134
>Just watched it
>Need other people to tell me how good it is
Jesus, mate.
>>
>>64508134
Typical Ridley Scott effect: making people believe a product is much better than it actually is.
>>
>>64508134
Well I've read some reviews, OP, and they said it was really good.
So it's probably crap.
>>
It was good at the time because it's the first believable future dystopia seen at the cinema.
Great designs. Very Moebius looking.

In retrospect, it's pretty boring but times change.
>>
>>64508134
It's an amazing looking movie if nothing else, just beautiful. It's a bit slow, though.
You should read the book afterwards, it's a very different story.
>>
>>64512774
Epic meme
>>
>>64512880
What meme?
>>
>>64508134
pretty good, 9/10
>>
It's babby's first sci-fi.
>>
The action is ok but the booooooring long-ass pseudo-intellectual dialog didnt help this movie at all.
If I couldnt skip forward this would've been a nightmare of a movie to be honest
>>
>>64513649
Maybe if you'd actually listened to any of it instead of dismissing it and fast-forwarding, it would've paid off. Is that really how you watch movies?
>Oh boy, they've been talking for like five whole minutes! I'll just scan forward til someone pulls a gun out or something.
>>
>>64513743
I dont mind long dialogues as long as they're interesting.
This was literally fedora-tier writing tho and you know it.
>all those moments...m'lady..lost in time
ok
>>
>>64508383

same here. i would give it 5 bags of popcorn because the rating system only goes up to 5. and throw in a little origami unicorn.
>>
>>64513776
That wasn't the writing, he ad libbed that speech, and did a really good job imo. It's not good dialogue, sure, but it's not dialogue period. It's an end-of-movie monologue by a dying robot coming to terms with its mortality. It's a classic monologue, and I've honestly never heard anyone say it was bad until now.
>>
>>64513776
>hating on tears in rain

You have horrible taste and you need to get the fuck back to /b/.
>>
>>64514012
or maybe you go back to /r9k/ and /mlp/ and practice your "sir" talk a little more
>>64513966
>it wasnt the writing
even worse, nigga literally ad libbed the worst part of the movie so its all on him
>>
>>64514081

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1P40Dt8lg
>>
>>64508134
I'll let you know when you watch it
>>
>>64508134
>I just watched this. Is it any good?
Only on /tv/ m8s! ;D
>>
It doesnt play well in one sitting. Watch the chapters over a couple weeks like shorts.
>>
Is anyone going to see this on Sunday for Cinemark Classic Series?
>>
>>64513776
If there was a worldwide pleb contest you'd win first prize buddy
>>
>>64508134
Remake/Rehash/Reload/Reinvent/Reboot/Redo/Reconfigure/Reestablish/...can't think of anymore when?
>>
It was decent.
I never understood the massive praise.
>>
Just marathoned a discussion of it, it's not very good. I closed the /tv/ tab after five minutes, definitely would not recommend this movie.
>>
>>64514268

Thanks for reminding me, i'd like to try to go yeah. There's also like 3 other movies I want to see as well though. Nothing really all year then a bunch of good movies at once.
>>
Just marathoned the whole thing, truly an amazing film, changed my life. Then I let in sink in and realized it was shit.
>>
>>64514617

Started to marathon this anon's opinion but dropped it after a sentence. Good enough for me, think i'll avoid this flick. I will however, shitpost about it for months to come.
>>
>>64508134
I've had this next to me for years and haven't even checked to see if the disc is in there. I hope it's good when I get to it in a decade or two.
>>
File: 141147686813.jpg (484 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
141147686813.jpg
484 KB, 736x1104
>>64514315
here's your prize
>>
I bet its a really good film but I've only seen the feels in rain scene, that was good
Never gonna see it because browsing 4chan is easier then watching movies desu
>>
File: 1449236033766.jpg (98 KB, 719x960) Image search: [Google]
1449236033766.jpg
98 KB, 719x960
>10 years ago
>bigger brother (24, huge nerd) suggests we watch this because "I have no taste in cinema"
>fucking condescending asshole
>start complaining movie is boring
>make random noises and not pay attention until he snaps and tells me to get out of his room
>tell him "you will never get layed with this shit"
>actually called me plebeian

the sad part is that he actually remains a virgin to this day
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.