[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leah: Yo Yo Yiggady Yo. Juno MacGuff: I'm at suicide risk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Juno-Hamburger-Phone[1].jpg (30 KB, 463x391) Image search: [Google]
Juno-Hamburger-Phone[1].jpg
30 KB, 463x391
Leah: Yo Yo Yiggady Yo.
Juno MacGuff: I'm at suicide risk.
Leah: Juno?
Juno MacGuff: No, it's Morgan Freeman. Do you have any bones that need collecting?
Leah: Only the one in my pants...
Juno MacGuff: I'm pregnant.
Leah: What? Honest to blog?
Juno MacGuff: Yeah. Yeah, it's Bleekers.
Leah: It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?
Juno MacGuff: No, this is not a food baby all right? I've taken like three pregnancy tests, and I'm forshizz up the spout.
Leah: How did you even generate enough pee for three pregnancy tests? That's amazing...
Juno MacGuff: I don't know, I drank like, ten tons of Sunny D... Anyway dude, I'm telling you I'm pregnant and you're acting shockingly cavalier.
Leah: Is this for real? Like, for real for real?
Juno MacGuff: Unfortunately, yes.
Leah: Oh my GOD. Oh shit! Phuket, Thailand!
Juno MacGuff: There we go. That was kind of the emotion that I was searching for on the first take.

>this won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay over Michael Clayton, Lars and the Real Girl, and The Savages
>>
>>64507225
reminded that the screenwriter won an Oscar for this script
>>
>SILENCIO, OLD MAN!
>>
kissing Michael Cera turned her into a hardcore lesbian
>>
but fuck, that closeup of the sole of her foot when she's undressing still gets me rockhard to this day
>>
>>64507225

It's written like a buzzfeed article. Michael Clayton was actually good. Didn't see the others you mentioned.
>>
>>64507916

>writing dialogue for two goofy teenagers
>it sounds like two goofy teenagers

I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>64507225
Michael Clayton was shit
>>
Don't make up shitty dialogue like that, it's really cringy.
>>
pretentious hipster garbage
>>
>>64508191
>The funny thing is that Steve Rendazo secretly wants me. Jocks like him always want freaky girls. Girls with horn-rimmed glasses and vegan footwear and Goth makeup. Girls who play the cello and wear Converse All-Stars and want to be children's librarians when they grow up. Oh yeah, jocks eat that shit up.
>>
>>64507225
That's how kids talked back then.

Diablo Cody would probably write something like "MEME LOLZ XD" today and it'd be accurate.
>>
And it deserved it op
>>
The hamburger phone was the best thing about the movie.
>>
>>64508130
you're deluded if you think this in any shape or form resembles how teenagers talk
>>
>>64508232
>That's how kids talked back then.
No they fucking didn't
>HONEST TO BLOG LOL
Back then kids called each other "fag" like well-adjusted youths.
>>
>>64508130
>>it sounds like two goofy teenagers

What teenager would respond "Honest to blog?" to her best friend saying she's pregnant.
>>
Who else actually had a hamburger phone like that, too? Shit was, and still is, so cash
>>
File: bad things really are.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
bad things really are.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>64507225
>Honest to blog?
>>
>>64507225

You made that up, right?
>>
>>64508261
>dialogue has to be realistic to be good

Lol how is film 101 in high school going for ya champ
>>
>>64508335
The problem isn't that dialogue is unrealistic; The problem is that the dialogue is trash.
>>
>>64507225
Fuck you, I loved it.
>>
>>64508328
No, it's real. Juno was a piece of shit all along and nobody noticed until now. I'm sorry.
>>
>>64508335
ah nah, let's make it as cringy and stupid-sounding as it can get, that's a better idea
>>
>>64508354
Based on what?
>>64508368
Great post man, really life changing
>>
Drinking a gallon of sunny D would give anyone instant diabeetus
>>
>>64508218
>>64508218
the only realistic thing about the movie
>>
>>64508122
michael clayton was the most boring film i have ever seen, i walked out
>>
File: 1418798561811.jpg (25 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
1418798561811.jpg
25 KB, 600x455
>>64508163
Go watch capeshit, faggot.
>>
>>64508405
Honest to blog? It's a movie that bends over backwards to sound "hip" and that works to its detriment. It's a movie that I watched as a teenager, which made me hate teenagers. Not to mention the movie itself portrays teen pregnancy as a laugh, a walk in the park where the teen is surrounded by lvoe and support and gets into crazy shenanigans and pseudo-affairs with Jason Bateman. Just a really insufferable and destructive movie all around.
>>
>>64508498
>It's a movie that I watched as a teenager, which made me hate teenagers.

Sorry you hate your life, edgelord, but it's a decent movie. The dialogue is the worst bit, I'll give you that.
>>
>>64508534
>projecting
Pretty sure I just hate the movie
>Decent
No, and definitely not Oscar-worthy. And I stand by the assertion that it was culturally destructive. IIRC that 16 & Pregnant show came soon after this movie's success. Total piece of shit, Juno is.
>>
>>64508597
How is deciding to give a baby away to a loving family over abortion destructive? I don't know what bubble you live in, but that sounds a lot better than shoving a coathanger up there or fucking up the kid's life yourself.

You're weird.
>>
>>64508634
Didn't she keep the kid at the end of the movie? Gee wiz you're retarded
>>
>>64508634
She kept the kid like the selfish deluded hipster she is.
>>
>>64508650
>>64508690
What? Jason Bateman leaves Jennifer Garner and she adopts the kid herself. Did you not see Juno's note at the end?

You guys didn't even watch the movie, did you?
>>
>>64508275
Indie kids did. Fag.
>>
>>64508747
I admit I forgot that resolution. But
>a single mother adopting a baby
That is statistically shown to turn out well.
>>
ACT
>>
>>64508281
A dumb teenager trying to meme it up before the internet got too big
>>
>>64508747
What the fuck are you fucking talking about? Bateman leaves Garner, and they're never talked about again. Juno is disgusted by that and just decides to keep the kid, and raise it with Cera.

Not sure if trolling, or if you're this dense.
>>
>>64508130
im 18 and I know no one who speaks anything like this. Then again, I'm not american. Do american teenagers speak like this?
>>
The dialogue is really cringy, but it's not stupid.

It follows the same theory as Nadsat, whereby it shows people using slang that doesn't exist in real life in order for the dialogue not to feel dated or suited to a particular time. She deliberately wrote slang phrases that teenagers don't use.

If there was a movie with nerdy suburban kids saying shit like
>But suddenly I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones and that the oomny ones use, like, inspiration and what Bog sends.
It would be really awkward.

It's also a mistake to think the movie was trying to sound hip. It was trying to sound corny and cutesy.

It's not oscar worthy imo, but it's not a bad movie and the dialogue makes sense
>>
>>64509051
Reading this I can actually see what you mean, and it seemed like they were going that route with Rainn Wilson's character, but the device falls apart when all of the other characters don't talk the same way. A book like Feed uses the same device, but it works because the dialogue is consistent from character to character, even when one is more intelligent.
>>
>>64509111
I agree that it was inconsistent. I can't remember too well, but I think I would have rather rainn wilson's character not talked that way. Because it's mostly just juno and her friend that talk in slang. I don't think even bleeker did that much.

iirc it was mostly supposed to be a sort of bestie language between juno and her mate, that also carried on to other teenagers in a watered down form. I think most people have a shorthand, or recurring phrases and motifs that are specific to a couple of people. I do think the dialogue OP posted is effective in communicating that juno and her mate are very close in that sense.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.