[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me figure this shit out /tv/ decided to read the novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Blue rose.jpg (90 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
Blue rose.jpg
90 KB, 500x399
Help me figure this shit out /tv/ decided to read the novels but still cant wrap my mind around it

Did Rhaegar really kidnap and rape Lyanna? or was everything planned?

also in season 4 Oberyn did say that Rhaegar 'ran off' with Lyanna and doesnt seem to have any bad thoughts of Rhaegar

Got thread I guess?
>>
Lyanna fell in love with Rhaegar and ran off with him, where they conceived Jon. The rape is a lie
>>
>>64506296
We can assume that it was an elopement rather than rape. However, Rhaear still deserves to be shit on for it, because in Westeros you cannot simply take betrothed women away from their families without telling anyone. He and Lyanna knew it wasn't rape. but why would anyone else?

Even in modern day - if a guy in his late twenties runs off with a sixteen year old without even leaving a note, he's in trouble.

Rapist or not, Rhaegar is still a piece of shit.
>>
THE FATE OF US ALL LIES DEEP IN THE DARK
WHEN TIME STANDS STILL AT THE IRON HILL
>>
>>64506479
It was supposed to emulate Paris and Helen
>>
>>64506514
True, but everybody still hated Paris right? His selfishness directly led to the destruction of Troy. They're both shits.
>>
reddit.com/r/gameofthrones
>>
File: 1450152106643.jpg (133 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450152106643.jpg
133 KB, 600x600
>>64506296
>decided to read the novels
Here's your real problem OP. The books are kind of shit.
>>
>>64506531
All of the characters in the Iliad were multi faceted figures who were beyond simple one dimensional perceptions. Paris was both hated and loved
>>
They sure fucked it up casting Kit

>son of everyone's husbando and waifu
>looks mexican
>>
>>64506620
So is the tv show.
>>
>>64506296

it was "planned" in the sense that rhaegar abducted the tiresome little bitch for his (and jon's. and daenerys's) father mad king aerys. which was about all she deserved.
>>
What did Rhaegar meant when he tapped Jaime on the shoulders and said "things will change once I come back"

how the fuck would that plan work?
>>
>>64506794

with mad aerys placed under house arrest a new age of glory was to begin under the sapient and benignant rule of king rhaegar
>>
File: 1448170184043.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1448170184043.png
1 MB, 640x960
>>64506778
Also true, watching tv in general is fucking awful.

OP, learn to stitch tapestries or something. I'm learning to play the accordion right now.
>>
Yes.
He really did kidnap and rape her.

We are told time and time again that Lyanna had a good head on her shoulders.
Why would she run away from her fiance and family without a word?
Why would she go away with him and not say anything, knowing it would cause trouble?

There are only two possibilities.
Either Rhaegar kidnapped her and held her against her will or she first went willingly under false pretences and then he proceeded to tell her how their son would be the Prince that was promised and she was like "nah ur crazy" and he raped her.
>>
>>64506871
>We are told time and time again by idiots and sentimentalists that Lyanna had a good head on her shoulders.

good enough for me, anon. stupid sexy dragon prince
>>
>>64506871
Love anon, that shit is fucking retarded in this series.

LOVE KILLED BARRISTAN, MISSANDEI AND GREY WORM KILLED LOVE
>>
most characters in the books seems to hold quite a high opinion of rheagar, even ned in his chapters, if it was a kidnap/rape I think of all people he'd be mad about it.

bobby b says the badman rape stuff because he's butthurt she never really wanted him.
>>
PLOTTWIST

LYANNA DID RANAWAY BECAUSE SHE DIDNT WANT ROBERT SO SHE WENT TO DORNE AND WAS LIKE "CAN I CRASH OR SOMETHING?"
>>
>>64506296
Lyanna ran away because she liked the dreamy fantasy prince. Then Rhaegar started getting weird and possessive because he was just trying to fulfil a prophecy. Lyanna probably didn't love him much in the end, and he probably never loved her
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 513x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 513x287
>>64506296
So why did they kill the nobles if they were for and by the nobles?
>>
>>64506296
Rhaegar found out she was the mystery knight and fell in love with her. He honoured her when he won the tournament, and realised she'd be perfect to complete his prophecy.

They ran away together of free will
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.