[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mission Impossible series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
Hey guys, just finished marathoning all 5 MI movies in one sitting and for the most part they were pretty good. I mean people may think I'm a pleb but I don't care I had a fun time I get it's not high art but still entertaining, wondering how everyone ranks them.

For me:

Rouge nation = Ghost Protocol (Ghost may be a bit better but damnnn Rebecca Ferguson is hot as hell in Rouge) > 1 > 3 >> 2

Anyone else agree or dispute? I really hated 2 and 3 had 2 of my waifu's but a lot of dumb moments. Particularly 4 and 5 are just normal silly stories to hang great action sequences on, what is your guys takes?
>>
>>64505622
Yes to what sorry? you agree with the ranking?
>>
>>64505485
1 is the best for me, best director, best cast.
2 is shit
3 is utter shit
4 is shitty
5 is fine
>>
>>64505485
Main Chicks:
5>1>2>3>4

3 can switch with 2 if you count maggie q
>>
1>5>4>3>2

Woo is the best director of the series overall though.
>>
>>64505485
Definitely the only correct ranking
>>
>>64505732
I agree about best director for 1 De Plama is based af
>>
>>64505834
Yeah I wish that Keri Russle was main girl for 3 because I seriously love her
>>
1 = Boring
2 = Tried to over compensate 1's boring by having John Woo go Full Woo
3 = Awkward in many ways, who things a fist fight between Tom Cruise and PSH would be a proper movie Boss fight.
4 = Pretty good, act 4 feels tagged on.
5 = They finally got it right, too bad Tom Cruise is way old now
>>
>>64506099

your dubs confirm this
>>
>>64505923
Whilst my personal taste is different I can understand this ranking as pretty sound
>>
>>64505834
5 = Hawt
1 = Prototype Emily Blunt
2 = Prototype Zoe Saldana
3 = Pig face, no wonder she got put on a bus
4 = Man face and man shoulder
>>
>>64506327
I really hated 2, particularly because I was hyped to see it as an Australian
>>
>>64505485
If I may expand the scope:

Bourne 2 > Bourne 1 = MI 5 > MI 4 > (only slightly better than) Bourne 3 > MI 1 (again, only minor gap) >> MI 3 = Bourne Legacy >>>> MI 2
>>
File: 166580.png (78 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
166580.png
78 KB, 187x270
>>64506395
>talking shit about paula patton
Literally kill yourself
>>
>>64505485
Villians:

1 = Old Guy disappeared for most of the movie
2 = Could be Wolverine guy is supposed to be Hunt's equal in every way but not really
3 = The only way Phillip Seymore Hoffman can win the fight is when Tom Cruise tire himself out punching his tired head, then he got taken out by Chinese driver, by accident
4 = Holy shit the old guy is actually kicking Tom Cruises' ass! Then he jumped off a building for no reason
5 = Creepy whispering man is creepy.
>>
>>64506557
I gotta say, your pic related is not exactly attractive especially if that is suppose to be a glamour shot.
>>
>>64506557
hey's thanks for posting a picture for proof, saves me the trouble
>>
2 was the best, hands down.
>cruise in his prime
>that soundtrack
>those motorcycle scenes
>John Woo gun battles
>>
>>64506395
Is the wife in the 3rd movie a Mary Sue?
>>
>>64506557
>Terrible actor
>Shitskin
>Shit body proportions and butterface

I find it very difficult to watch Ghost Protocol because of this bitch
>>
I like your list. Although 2 is pretty fun for the cheesiness alone, it really isnt a mission impossible movie. 3 was an adrenaline rush from start to finish while 1 was more clever with its plot and style.

4 and 5 just feels like a mash up of every idea the previous movies had and adds more, which makes them great in my eyes.
>>
>>64506666
Last 30 minutes of 3 is pretty terrible, didn't even show how he stole the mcguffin, then the whole team got shipped back, then Tom Cruise running for 10 minutes, then main villain got ran over by a van by accident, then mary sue shot every remaining bad guy dead.

it was good up to that point
>>
1>4>5>>>3>>>>>>2

2 is bad but it's fucking hilarious

>>64506632
Tom Cruise is the Mary Sue.
>>
File: comtruise.jpg (18 KB, 432x216) Image search: [Google]
comtruise.jpg
18 KB, 432x216
>>64506666
>>
1, 4, and 5 seem somewhat interchangeable in rankings, it really comes down to whether you prefer more spy elements or more action elements. 2 was outright terrible, as was most of 3, but at least 2 had Woo going full Woo at parts.

Still, can't go wrong with any of them. Or frankly any Cruise movie
>>
>>64506666
4 and 5 were rehashes but didnt feel like reshashes because iconic scenes and locales
MI is the new james bond
>>
>>64506774
I think 2 is worthwhile as a social experiment just to see what John Woo going full Woo would be like with a 100 mil budget.

I think the results is as expected
>>
>>64506817
Here's your standard MI rehash formula

3 set pieces + 1 random McGuffin + Rougue IMF agent + Disavowed + 1 Old Guy Cameo as da Chief + 1 new girl
>>
>>64506632
It was ridiculous when she took out 2 or 3 special forces guy after holding a gun for the first time in her life for 90 seconds and resurrects Cruise, I wouldn't say Mary Sue but definatly unbelivable
>>
>>64505485
I'd go 4 (8/10) > 3 (7/10) >1 (7/10) > 5 (6/10) > 2 (3/10)
>>
>For the "knife-in-the-eye" scene, Tom Cruise insisted that a real knife be used, and that it stop exactly one quarter-inch from his eyeball, instead of somewhere vaguely near his eye, as John Woo suggested. The knife itself was connected to a cable that was measured carefully in order to achieve the effect and Cruise insisted that Dougray Scott use all his strength in the ensuing struggle.
>>
>>64506984
Sometimes I'm not sure if Cruise is batshit crazy, or he loves selling it as much as he can
>>
>>64506666
Whilst I disagree I can understand why people would think this / agree with this ranking (also fucking checked son)
and >>64506726
you are 100% right 3 had GOAT villain for me but i don't like the starting at the end thing. Also watching the end of 3 I assumed that Mary Sue was an undercover agent because she fucked up those spec ops guys, but nope just really lucky, so dumb...
>>
File: INTENSERUISEING.gif (166 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
INTENSERUISEING.gif
166 KB, 300x245
>>64507005
no one truly knows anon
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.