[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like you autists don't understand that Kylo Ren is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
I feel like you autists don't understand that Kylo Ren is supposed to be amateurish
it has nothing to do with bad acting or writing or whatever
>>
>its bad on purpose!

ok
>>
>>64505147
this

kylo ren is basically anakin done right
>>
he went from the strongest villain yet to a teen angst faggot in 15 minutes. there was no character development at all. OHHH HE'S FLIPPING TABLES AND RAGING XDDDD ANAKIN DONE RIGHT
>>
Except he's not really amateurish. He got shot in the abdomen and still fought on.
>>
Some of it is memes. Some of it is slow anons believing memes. Some of it is they're mad someone they think is worse looking than them is starring when it should be them instead.
>>
>>64505207
>Based Anakin: afraid of his mother dying, blames himself since that was his fear since he was a child, premonitions of padme dying, does anything to keep her alive.
>worse than kylo: great parents, wise uncle, chosen one as the grandfather who brought balance

Sure.
>>
>>64505253
He's not bad at fighting, but he is immature and very unstable. Kind of like AotC Anakin. Strong in the force, good fighter, but mentally weak.
>>
what do you get by shilling this shit?

the movie was so disappointing that even the masses opinion of Lucas is changing, let that sink in
>>
>>64505147
>I feel like you autists don't understand that Kylo Ren is supposed to be amateurish

it worked a little too well.

>>64505253
I really fucking hope the writers remember this. Even fucking luke got his ass kicked when he tried to fight Vader, and he knew he way around a laser sword.
>>
>>64505425
>a main character is MEANT to be unrelatable, uninteresting and unlikeable
>it just worked too well

Writing in an awful character is bad writing. It doesn't matter whether the author did it on purpose.
>>
>holding a blaster bolt in mid air while walking around
>amatuerish
'no'
>>
>>64505364
jesus fucking christ, you actually believe that people outside this autistic imageboard are starting to claim the prequels were good?

how fucking delusion can you be? the world loves TFA
>>
>>64506499
>ad populum
go away
>>
>Kylo Bane
>>
>>64506499
The world loved Furious 7 too and all the other garbage that came out last year.
>>
>>64505207
while I like Kylo, he's not supposed to be anything like Anakin, nor is he Anakin done right

Anakin was supposed to be a great war hero that was seduced by the Dark side. He was a great hero that became an even greater villain. Kylo doesn't fit that at all
>>
>>64505207

>yfw all these years people complaining about Anakin in the prequels and it turns out all they wanted was Meme Ren aka Darth Elliot Rodgers, the kid who killed his classmates and his father because he wants to be as cool as grandpa

>yfw Elliot Rodgers copied Anakin ("they're animals!") and now Meme Ren copies Elliot Rodgers

>yfw Meme Ren is a bad copy of a really bad copy of Anakin
>>
This prequel praising metairony is too much for me.
>>
>>64506521
He was responding to an ad populum you retarded contrarian
>>
>>64506499

>the world loves TFA

Wrong.

Stupid critics and bloggers and youtubers and that kind of people say how much they love this crap because it gives them views, likes, subs, and all that shit.

Now if you talk to normal people irl they don't love TFA that much. I still have to talk with someone that 'LOVED' this movie. And I have talked with like 10 people about it, and most of them were disappointed.

It may be just americans that are more prone to eat junk movies. Idk.
>>
>>64505147
He wasn't an amateur in the slightest. What part about him was amateurish? The part where he was clearly the most experienced and talented force user? The part where he led an excursion on a hostile planet?

I hated his character because he was Eric Harris with a lightsaber. His motivations sophomoric and his actions childish. His masked voice was ridiculous. He's not the DEEP AND COMPLEX character you people make him out to be, and even if he was that's not how a space opera works.
>>
>>64505322
Anakin is Mary Sue
Kylo is not

>>64505253
he was shot in the leg
>>
Well of course, it's obvious as fuck but do you expect the average /tv/ retard to understand this? I mean, I've seen people being so fucking stupid as to say, and I quote, "There was no reason for Kylo Ren to hate his father".

And in case you are this fucking stupid I'll spell it out for you, he does NOT hate his father. How in the nine fucks of hell do you even come to that conclusion? It was because he loved his father that he fucking struggled with confronting and then killing his father.

Anyway, to continue spelling it out for the fucktards, Kylo is a young, complete with insecurity issues partly caused by the fact that he's trying to live up to the legacy of Darth Vader.

I mean why the fuck do you think he has a mask? Have you seen ANY fucking Siths besides Darth Vader that wore any? There are a few but they are not a majority.

Now, the reason you dislike Kylo is not that he is a bad character, but rather that he's a bad villain and it most likely was done on purpose, either to build him up as a villain over the movies or to make him turning good not seem like some full on asspullery.

I get the hate for him, but calling him a bad character is just stupid as fucking hell and ignoring a lot of shit in the movie. He's a bad villain because he, once the mask is removed and his true appearance and personality revealed, is not intimidating among other things. Hes putting up a facade to fill the shoes of Darth Vader but without his mask, both the one he puts on his face and his personality, he's weak and pathetic.
>>
>>64505249
He had a few tricks, I don't know why people think this means he is the strongest force user ever. He also isn't stable and truly self-confident. He loses power with the force when he feels he is losing control of a situation. He may have been strong at the beginning of the movie but as he moves forward he loses competence and confidence, as well as power. By the end he is unstable enough to be nearly powerless, killing his father hurt him way more than it did good.
>>
>>64505147
his armor is cool tho
>>
>>64507997
I don't remember the exact quote but JJ said in an interview that the story was both about Rey becoming a hero (which she already kinda is with the whole Mary Sue shit) and of Kylo becoming a villain
>>
>>64508149
I didn't know that, but thanks for the info.

Rey is Mary Sue but she could be a lot worse as well since most of the shit she does can be explained from her living on a junk planet since she was a kid (Repairing stuff, fighting, surviving)

I heard that the novels told of her using flight simulators too which could be a reason for her being good at flying I guess but I also suspect she's Luke's daughter which might make her being a good pilot a bit more sensible.

Her being able to use Jedi Mind tricks and shit was fucking stupid though. I feel that she would be a lot better as a character if they had her escape trough some other means.

I hope they can manage to build Kylo up as an intimidating villain. I don't think I've seen many movies do that, build a villain up from weakwilled and wimpy into something genuinely threatening and scary.
>>
>>64505147
Everyone UNDERSTANDS the character; his inexperience, his insecurities, his faulse projection of authority.

Some people just don't find that to be the right or interesting direction to take the character.

I think he's ok. But he's a better character than he is a villain.
>>
>>64505147
Do people not like Kylo Ren? I thought he was universally acknowledged to be the best part of the movie?
>>
>>64507997
Maybe hes not a bad character in itself
But he is badly written
Firstly as THE villain he sucks and since his entire characterisation in TFA is him being a villain his character actually sucks
Secondly we dont understand any of his conflict or pain. All he does talk about cryptic light and vader references
>>
>>64505147
If that is the case then why does the first scene show him as really badass and powerful?
>>
File: 1327978647564.png (165 KB, 353x348) Image search: [Google]
1327978647564.png
165 KB, 353x348
>>64508472
>things aren't the way I'm used to
>this means it's badly written
>>
>>64505147

Tell that to Kanjiclub
>>
>>64505147
>Defends an autist
>Call other people austists

Anon pls
>>
>>64508488
>characters aren't allowed to change over the course of a film
>>
Even if you didn't like the character can we all agree Adam Driver is a great actor? There were parts in the film that really stood out to me, like when he was fighting Rey and stumbling all over the place and all his moments with General Hux, especially that part when he's chatting to Snoke about Rey being force sensitive and Hux walks in, his subtle reaction was brilliant.
>>
>>64508509
>i dont have an argument
>so ill just shitpost instead
>>
>>64508566
But he doesn't change, it's just conflicting information.
>>
File: cerealman.jpg (5 KB, 149x160) Image search: [Google]
cerealman.jpg
5 KB, 149x160
>>64508586
this & what OP said.

I was speaking with some moron a couple of days ago who was like "TFA SUCKED BECAUSE KYLO IS A LIL EMO BITCH!!! WHERE IS VADER!?"

WHICH IS WHAT HES SUPPOSED TO BE
DO YOU IDIOTS NOT REMEMBER WHEN SNOKE SAID "GET KYLO, ITS TIME TO COMPLETE HIS TRAINING"
>>
He's a 30 year old boy.
>>
>tfw Po would have been much better in Finn's role and it would have actually been cool to see Boyega as the hero pilot and Po as the traumatized defector
>>
>>64508617
The information the audience receives about him changes. He's not a badass in the opening scene; he's not attacking his equals.
>>
>>64508651
>PO
You mean Han Starlord Solo.
>>
>>64506397
He's despicable and pathetic. It's scary and worrisome when he's on screen because he's an irrational and unpredictable fool who will kill anyone.

I think Kylo's a fantastic character because he provides so much danger and tension when on screen. It was absolutely heroic and relieving the way Rey pacified him in the end. The dark side is dangerous and uncontrolled in this, it's great.

And people say TFA did nothing new.
>>
>>64505147
Sure he's supposed to be an amateur, but I didn't enjoy that direction they decided to go with. I generally don't enjoy want hung young angst like this.

I mean at least anakin had an excuse being a slave, his mother getting fucked up, having visions of his gf dying and sidious claiming he could help while the Jedi basically ignored his obvious issues. Kylo had parents who cared for him (only splitting after he turned) and a great teacher and fucked it up because CRAWLLING IN MY SKIN!!!

Fuck this I can't be bothered with this story and I really don't care about kylo, so why should I care if he stays with the sith, becomes good or dies? We the audience have no connection with him, no emotional bond with him and the one real avatar we had for some sort of bond with him got stabbed.
>>
>>64508837
>so much tension
>So do you talk first or do i
>>
>>64505173
Yea, there are such thing as characters who are incompetent on purpose you unbelievable fucking idiot.
>>
>>64508472
Kylo's not THE villain, Snoke and the First Order is, and Kylo's this guy who's trying to be a villain along with then but it's not really working for him.

Kylo is a RIVAL
>>
>>64507893
Anakin wasn't a Mary Sue in episode 2 or 3.
>>
>>64508656
This. Also take note that Poe is not intimidated by him at all. He is amazed at the stopping of the blaster bolt, but Poe is in no way scared by the guy.
>>
>>64508837
We got 2 prequels worth of whiny anakin angst. I think some people were hoping not to get another 3 movies worth more.
>>
>>64508868
Poe cuts the tension because he is heroic and dedicated enough not to be intimidated by Ren during his interrogation. Characters do in fact interact and effect the mood based on their interactions in this movie, shocking I know.
>>
>>64508989
hope we can say the same for Rey in 8 & 9
>>
>>64507077
>Stupid critics and bloggers and youtubers and that kind of people say how much they love this crap because it gives them views, likes, subs, and all that shit.

>>64505364
>shilling

You sound like a paranoid dweeb

>muh shills
>muh clickbait
>>
>>64508857
>WAH WAH
>I want something different
>but not really
>give me more of the same
>>
So I've kept off /tv/ until I saw Star Wars yesterday.

Some scenes got me very excited. However, did anyone else find it

>Extremely frantically edited dialogue
>Strange and poorly delivered lines from all the leads, especially Po and Finn in the beginning
>Poor acting from Daisy, mostly spoken like a read through of a play
>A great emphasis on practical props fucked up by the orange alien woman and the rolling Doom monster squids.
>many rushed scenes to make room for some unneeded scenes
>very poorly acted emotions from all actors, generally Fear, Sarcasm, Happiness
>More death star run-in coincidences
>theater lied about 2d showing times, had to see it in 3d or wait

Highlights
>Lightsaber fight in the woods
actually all light sabers
>Han Solo's Death
>BB8s puppeteering
>puppets in general
>Kylo Ren's emotions
>Kylo Ren's light saber
>>
File: image.jpg (488 KB, 1546x1143) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
488 KB, 1546x1143
>>64505147
The problem is that in drama, you either have protagonists with the highest potential matched against the strongest antagonists, or you have television.

TFA is like a great television premiere.
>>
>>64510133
I don't get anyone complaining about the acting. There was one particular line read from Finn and Rey on the falcon that was terrible, but aside from that the acting was actually much better than it was in the prequels. Adam Driver in particular was amazing.
>>
Generally speaking, it seems like an antagonist should be shown at their best in physicality, dialogue, or intentionality. That's usually why we don't see films with such a young cast.

What is this principle actually known as? I'm sure it's been articulated before.
>>
>>64505173
He said amateurish, not bad...

What the actual fuck
>>
>>64505147
i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>64508969
Incorrect. In this movie he is the villain, the first order isnt a character and arguably neither is snoke in this movie.
He is the bad guy with the most screen time and is there to foil the heroes in person. He is the villain
>>
>>64508916
That doesnt make them good dipshit
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.