[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_numdsrkKUH1qhcdpbo1_250.jpg (42 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_numdsrkKUH1qhcdpbo1_250.jpg
42 KB, 250x354
Thoughts?
>>
Haven't seen it
>>
It ok, bit slow at times.
>>
My gf would always bite her lip and get excited whenever Jordan was on the screen.
>>
>>64505107
film of the year

seriously
>>
>>64505107
I liked that they used the image of Apollo pretty sparingly in the narrative. A lot of cringey scenes, like the jog to Rocky's house with all the bikes and stuff.
>>
I enjoyed it. Certainly not bad. Nothing inspiring or special though.
>>
>>64505107
Saw it with my wife's gf and her bull, they loved it.
>>
>>64505153
My wife told me the same thing when she came back from seeing it. Now she's on a business trip to Detroit and plans on seeing it again whilst I stay at home and look after her son.
>>
>>64505192
>>64505193
>>64505153
top kek
>>
>>64505107

Can't wait to see what Ryan Coogler does with Black Panther.
>>
File: rage frog.jpg (142 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
rage frog.jpg
142 KB, 900x900
>>64505107

>black male character is paired to another black female character

who the fuck allowed this?
>>
>>64505278
LQ bait
>>
Pretty great movie
>>
This is even worst than the black popcorn thread
>>
>>64505107

Really fucking good. A bit too similar to Rocky I but in a way that made more sense than other sequels. I understood that Adonis had to lose just like Rocky did in Rocky I because the results weren't important, and it makes sense for Adonis to be picked for his name, just like the Italian Stallion was. Would have bugged me more if the rest of the movie wasn't so fucking good.

I'm so glad it wasn't cheesy bullshit like Rocky III-V and wasn't too dumbed down for a casual audience. They could have easily put in a few extra fights and a few more training montages set to hip hop but thankfully they restrained themselves. Soundtrack was fucking fantastic too.
>>
File: ivan.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ivan.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>64505580

>cheesy bullshit Rocky 3 and 4

fuck you mate Rocky 4 was GOAT
>>
>>64505193
guaranteed replies: the post
>>
>>64505580
Soundtrack was a bit 2ghetto4me imo tho.
I didn't get that part where rocky takes adonis to an all-black gym instead of taking him to just another gym. It sounded a bit like segregation, italians on one side, africans on the other. While there was a black girl training in mighty mick's gym.
>>
It's the Force Awakens for the Rocky movies.
>>
Great soundtrack. Great portrayal of Philadelphia. The story is whatever though. The cancer subplot was kind of retarded t b h.
>>
>>64506197
>Implying this makes anything clear
>>
>>64505107
it was fucking great, the true fulfillment of everything Rocky 5 was meant to be.
>>
>>64505107
Good movie. Nothing special.
>>
>>64505168
>A lot of cringey scenes, like the jog to Rocky's house with all the bikes and stuff.
I didn't get that. On the one hand I understand they couldn't really just do the same scene from Rocky 1 and 2, not only because it's old but also because the city doesn't look the same anymore and there's no expectation of slum community underdog like there was with Rocky.

I guess the development for the scene got cut from the movie because I don't get the whole thing about the bikes. I really liked the twist with Rocky waving through the attic, that was pretty sweet
>>
much like tfa it was a fun remake of the first
film. strange no one talked the same shit
about this one, because it was just
entertainment. (then again the story structure
was probably better put together) oh indeed.
>>
>>64505787
trip hop is pretty patrician m8
>>
I'm glad they're remaking all the modern classics with blacks and women as the leads. It means we're moving forward as a society.
>>
>>64505153

This happened too with my qt3.14 black gf. She would like me to have that kind of body.
>>
>>64505787

That black girl was a hungry skeleton.
>>
>>64506233

I loved the movie, but the "Rocky has cancer" thing did seem like a cheap bit of drama for drama's sake
>>
great movie 7.5 for me.
Tops 7.7 in a good day
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.