[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw this again and it has zero rewatch value. I loved it the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: o-EW-HATEFUL-EIGHT-facebook.jpg (548 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-EW-HATEFUL-EIGHT-facebook.jpg
548 KB, 2000x1000
I saw this again and it has zero rewatch value. I loved it the first time, but now I see it for what it is - a failure. Tarantino has made some classics, but this is his worst movie. It needed a better editor badly. The stagecoach scene goes way too long. The script is full of unnecessary drawn out lines like 'get down here carriage man' 'i cant, i have to stay up here and watch the horses', 'okay then, blah blah'... now for hundreds of simple gestures or moments they have to draw it out with dialogue like that. the flashback scene kills the momentum and could have been revealed verbally. That scene is awful btw, a film highlighted by Sam Jackson and Kurt Russell is suddenly being led by some fat black people and Chris Pratt or whatever.

The mystery of it isn't really a mystery because all three of the assassins are working together, so the whole 'clue'/the thing setup is only hinted at and never really explored. Tarantino talks a lot about how he mastered staging here but there is really barely any. That voiceover may be even worse than his Django cameo. It just did not hold up, not a bit.
>>
File: farto.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2880) Image search: [Google]
farto.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2880
>>64501334

U N O F A R T O
N
O
F
A
R
T
O
>>
>>64501334
It's a huge disappointment and I hate most Tarantino. For a film that boosts how great it is that it used 70MM, the film has amateur level and uninspired composition for almost every shot. Everything took way too long to get across, and I get the feeling that it is this long for the sole reason that Tarantino wanted an intermission. I could go on to other problems in the film but this is 4chan and no one gives a shit or already hates the film.
>>
Agreed that it needed an editor badly, but mostly to trim the runtime down. I actually thought the stagecoach bits were the most interesting part of the movie. It got boring when they got to the haberdashery, and the next two hours of the film turned into characters exchanging uninteresting dialogue in front of the same unchanging set.

It really feels like Tarantino was trying to make a play instead of a movie.
>>
File: 1450940305741.webm (2 MB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
1450940305741.webm
2 MB, 720x260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiVYtso6X0M
>>
Should I just watch the screener then? I'm pretty disappointed with Cuckiltino's political grandstanding and shitty movies since Jackie Brown, his peak.
>>
>>64501334
The script felt like a collection of ideas tarantino had for Django Unchained that never made the final movie, just thrown together in an attempt to create another movie, also yeha we get it Tarationo....slavery bad... give it a rest you fucking cuck
>>
>>64501334
>needed a better editor

I fucking hate this "criticism" when people talk about a movie being too long in their opinion.
>>
>>64502071
What a fucking joke.
>>
>>64501999
Frankly, Tarantino should have just done a bounty hunter buddy movie with Kurt Russel and Samuel L Jackson.
>>
>>64502254
I fucking hate posters like you that add nothing to the conversation. Tell your wife's bull to beat you extra hard tonight.
>>
>>64502301
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>64502323
Dont project your cuck fetish onto me. Its not my fault you dont know what an editor does.
>>
File: 1430011685611.jpg (1 MB, 3744x5616) Image search: [Google]
1430011685611.jpg
1 MB, 3744x5616
>>64502323
kek'd

BTFO
>>
>>64502323
ANON ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: 1451330964296.jpg (42 KB, 463x263) Image search: [Google]
1451330964296.jpg
42 KB, 463x263
>>64502329
>>
File: shkreli (1).gif (4 MB, 284x245) Image search: [Google]
shkreli (1).gif
4 MB, 284x245
>>64501334
You're telling me someone on /tv/ has A NEGATIVE OPINION on something?!?!? Well I'll be.
>>
nigga I watched it 3 times, got better every time
>>
>>64502323
Since when did /tv/ start calling out shitposters?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.