[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your hopes for Star Wars Rogue One after seeing The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
What are your hopes for Star Wars Rogue One after seeing The Force Awakens?
>>
>>64496380
I hope it's better than what we got from JJ. Praying based Yen saves it
>>
I just want to see Vader and the Emperor again.
>>
File: Felicity Jones-v23h6f.jpg (188 KB, 1200x1648) Image search: [Google]
Felicity Jones-v23h6f.jpg
188 KB, 1200x1648
>>64496380
That we get to see a lot of Felicity Jones and that the script is at least good enough for her to get her teeth in to.
>>
I want it to be darker and edgy. Rebel Alliance is a ragtag piece of shit and just a disorganized group of cells rather than a full fledged military like it was in RotJ. Ending is fairly bleak with most of the heroes dying but there's new hope for the Rebel Alliance now that they have the death star plans.

Cameos from Vader and Tarkin, latter can be done in CGI. Vader not played by Hayden Christensen and JEJ voices Vader.

Plenty of X-Wing dogfighting. I mean, it's called Rogue One, so I'm sure that's what it's about

No Jedi.
>>
>>64496380
YA shit.
>>
More than just X-Wings and Tie Fighters. Don't get me wrong, I like them but there are other cool ships too.
>>
I want to see Cad Bane fight Ip Man.
>>
>>64496575
"Bane"?
>>
>>64496380
I'm hoping Donnie Yen gets used and isn't killed off early just so Felicity Jones can save the day.

Hell even if Donnie gets a nice fight scene it'll probably be ruined by shaky cam action because Americans cant film fight scenes for shit
>>
i want a fun thrilling combination of saving private ryan and oceans 11 in space that doesn't take itself too seriously or rape the lore while also being at least somewhat creative and bringing something unique to the table instead of being a derivative piece of shit that just tries to repackage what's already on the table
>>
>>64496380
What exactly IS this movie? I just saw it on a list for 2016 movies.
>>
>>64496380
Ah female main character, well I'll definitely be going to see this now!
>>
>>64496380
is that kanjiklub to the right
>>
a good stand alone movie with no wink wink references and sequel hooks
>>
>>64496421
>I just want to see Vader and the Emperor again.

I don't want to see them that much. Maybe some Tarkin, with Vader and Sheev here and there, but other than that, no.
>>
>>64496642
First of the Star Wars Anthology movies. We're getting a Star Wars movie every year from now on. After this it's a Han Solo movie then a Boba Fett movie. I'm waiting for the Sheev movie.
>>
>>64496744
>After this it's a Han Solo movie

Are they getting a new actor or

What's this movie about though?
>>
Another Disney Capeshit.
The shills will keep on spamming threads, even tho everyone on /tv/ hates the flick with passion.
The Mods will just stand aside and let it happen.
>>
>>64496744
>An entire movie with Ian McDiarmid as the protagonist from start to finish
Yes please.
>>
>>64496851
It's so easy to spot a /v/irgin.
>>
>>64496851
>Everyone needs to hate the same things I hate because I'm always right
Sure.
>>
>CG Tarkin
JUST

How bad will this be considering the CG characters in TFA looked absolutely horrid?
>>
there's been some sort of typing error and the director is actually Gareth Evans and not Gareth Edwards

But basically Donnie, Riz and Felicity should all be good regardless
>>
>>64496848
Rogue One will depict the Rebels stealing the plans to the Death Star iirc
>>
I want a Kyle Katarn mention, no matter how stupid, just so I can mark out.
>>
>>64496380

That pic reminds me too much of Kanjiklub...
>>
>>64497133
Seconding this. please mouse overlord, please
>>
>>64497133
They can mention how he's a Gary Stu faggot.
>>
>>64497155
Tell that to Jabba.
>>
>>64497126
I really hope it's another death star
Even the most retarded person MUST be getting over it by now
>>
I'm hoping for a darker offshoot that turns out to be the shining gem in the series that finally deserves one.

The movie that normies won't care much for, but is patrician as fuck.

BASED GARY WHITTA DON'T LET ME DOWN
>>
>>64496380
I thought TFA was gonna be shit and it was good.
So I'm gonna take for granted that Rogue will be shit and then either be surprised or don't care. Either way, I win.
>>
>>64496380
I hope it fucking flops. Like, 200 million lifetime gross flop. And I hope episode 8 does even worse.
>>
>>64497296
It's the first Death Star. This movie is a prequel but they aren't calling it that for obvious reasons.
>>
I want the movie to look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnAiUd4_Z8E
>>
>>64497325
Nah you lose
>I thought TFA was gonna be shit and it was good
nothing personal kiddo, but if you enjoyed this movie then you have a learning disability
>>
>>64497354
It'll make over a billion.
>>
>>64496380

I'm boycotting films without any European male leads in the cast, hense I will not be seeing this. I will stay strong for my people.
>>
Honestly just seeing Ian Mcdiarmid bust out his sheev will make it all worth it. hope him and vader will have any scenes.
>>
>>64496380
>mfw the lone girl will survive when its all said and done, meet Luke, get fucked by Luke and give birth to Rey before dying at childbirth
>>
>>64497372
HAHAHSAHSDHASDHASHDASDHASDHAHAHAHAHAHAH the star wars meme continues
Another 3 hours trying to blow up the big ol space ball
Seriously, I dont understand the thinking behind it. Like think of a new fucking concept, destroy the space ball in our little ships by hitting it in the perfectly exposed weak spot using the codes given to us
>feels when you've given up hoping for a sith lord who isn't a cocksucker who does fuck all

>>64497464
this cunt knows the go
>>
>>64496380
I just want to see some fucking risks taken.
>>
>>64496744
Is the Boba Fett one actually confirmed? I thought it was still a rumor.
>>
>>64496380
That picture looks like it's from some HBO show
>>
>no recycled plot devices
>no constant nostalgia baiting and hamfisted OT references
>a plot and setting that make sense
>no mary sues
all I'm asking
>>
>>64497681
Still a rumor.
>>
>>64496380
That everyone involved dies and it gets shelved
>>
>>64496380

i hope star wars gets intergalactic aids
>>
>>64497397
Yeah, normies will never know the euphoria of geeks who's autism is triggered by a lack of political exposition in their fairy tales.
>>
Garith Edwards has my blessing.

All the military scenes I'm Godzilla were fucking fantastic.
>>
>interstellar minoriteam
>>
Should've picked Tatiana Maslany.
>>
>>64496380
I hope the shilling won't be as awful as with TFA.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.