[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they make movies like this anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Do it.gif (2 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
Do it.gif
2 MB, 245x160
Why don't they make movies like this anymore?
>>
>>64496095
Because it's too weird for mainstream but too edgy for nerds.
Me and you are not giving them enough money for it to be worth it
>>
>>64496095
Does /tv/ consider this capeshit?
>>
>>64496095
They only make movies like that now, what are you talking about
>>
do you mean mediocre adaptations of great comic book source material?
>>
>>64496912
/tv/ considers it whatever suits their mood best, like everything else.

Like how everyone apparently 'hates' TFA and suddenly George Lucas is their hero.
>>
I have very mixed feelings about this movie
>>
>>64497002
TFA was mediocre and no matter how bad the prequels were Lucas still made the original trilogy. /tv/ and the rest of the internet like to take everything to its greatest extreme though.
>>
>>64496095
>"Is there a way we can get more blue and orange in this movie?"

>"oh yes, just a moment sir"
>>
>>64496095
this shit only came out a few years ago nigguh
>>
>>64498781
six years ago
there are people starting school who were born after this film came out
>>
Muhh...face!!!

Shit. I was fucking laughing out loud at that scene it was so comical.
>>
File: seinfeld_jerry.jpg (38 KB, 240x260) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_jerry.jpg
38 KB, 240x260
>>64496095
what was the deal with that sex scene?
>>
Just... DOOO ITTT
>>
>>64498828
>there are people starting school who were born after this film came out

so what?
>>
>>64496095
Garbage compared to the comic, but all cape shit films are garbage compared to this
Decent film
>>
>>64497004
I sat next to some frat-dude-bros when I watched it, and somewhere in between all the laid-on-thick 50's and 60's music with the scene periods, one of these young men, younger than me even, opined audibly to his buddy "god-damn, they're laying it on thick, aren't they?" *all along the watchtower plays, etc*. Insulting the audience's intelligence, in a way.

On the other hand, even though I never cared to re-watch the movie, it did significantly improve on the comic by having Dr. Manhattan be the scapegoat at the end, rather than "zomg randum space octopus xD". So at least that bit was streamlined, and I agree with the other reviewers/commenters who appreciated the obvious improvement.
>>
>>64496997
It was a great effort. Maybe you should get off your big, crusty ass and make a better one. Huh? What's that? Thought so.
>>
File: 1332Capture.png (437 KB, 649x499) Image search: [Google]
1332Capture.png
437 KB, 649x499
>>64496095
>>64500381
>>
How is the extended version with the sidestory added back in?
>>
I dont get it--everything is like in the comic book right? So why are people dissing the (probably) only capeshit film that is 95% faithful to the comic book?

>>64501005

fucking backstory is shit, if I'd rewatch Watchmen again I'm skipping those extra scenes.
>>
>>64501005
I didn't dislike the extended version. It definitely slows down the pacing without adding much that was NEEDED, but did provide more context and world-building. I'd be willing to donate an afternoon one day to watch the like 4-hour version that cuts in the Black Freighter cartoon.
>>
>>64501318
Because it's a slavish reproduction of the comic book. It does nothing to justify itself as a movie.
>>
>>64501595
>It definitely slows down the pacing without adding much that was NEEDED, but did provide more context and world-building.
This. I've seen all three versions and prefer the ultimate cut, but if I don't have the time to waste watching the director's cut doesn't detract from anything. You should definitely give all three a shot though and see which best suits you.
>>
File: vsprdFul.jpg (161 KB, 800x675) Image search: [Google]
vsprdFul.jpg
161 KB, 800x675
>>64501318
More like 65-75%.
>>
>>64496095
But shit movies are made all the time?
>>
>>64501703

Did Ozy still have the assassin swallow a cyanide pill?
>>
>>64500473
Until you consider that Russians would likely think the Americans are using Manhattan to attack them instead of nukes, which would just trigger nuclear retaliation anyways.
>>
>>64501761
Yeah, but he didn't loudly exclaim HE HAS A CYANIDE PILL in the comic. Truth was much better hidden.
>>
>>64497146
well mixed meme.
>>
>>64497146
>Lucas still made the original trilogy
questionable accuracy
>>
>>64501629
>movie doesn't stay faithful to source material
>it ruined the source material and shouldn't have been made
>movie stays as faithful to source material as possible
>it does nothing to justify itself as a movie

Bitches gon bitch
>>
>>64497146
George Lucas made Star Wars in a collaborative effort where many of his retarded ideas were hemmed in by properly creative people. Lawrence fucking Kasdan and irving Kirshner MADE the original trilogy by making Empire so goddamn good. Then Lucas pushed the trilogy to the brink of schlock with his fucking Teddy bears and his yes-man hack director phoning in the color-in-the-lines resolution script.

The prequels prove just how little Lucas "made" the original trilogy. We've seen what he makes when he has total creative control.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.