[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: the-hateful-eight-poster1.jpg (123 KB, 535x731) Image search: [Google]
the-hateful-eight-poster1.jpg
123 KB, 535x731
What did /tv/ think?
>>
Not his best, not his worst. Still fun.
>>
>>64495126
WARM
>>
>>64495297
BLACK
>>
>>64495320
DINGUS
>>
fun as fuck
respectable
forgettable

7/10
>>
>>64495126
>>64495162
>>64495320
What's going on here?
>>
Well-shot, well-acted, not really enough character development; I was invested in what was happening, but I really couldn't bring myself to give a shit about characters I knew next to nothing about.
>>
>>64495126
i thought Django was his worst, but this is beating out django in terms of crap.

tarintinos beats are getting old, stretched out, predictable, and forced

and lets be honest....Its not really fun.

The man cant make a western.
>>
File: himouto-title-pic.jpg (17 KB, 525x295) Image search: [Google]
himouto-title-pic.jpg
17 KB, 525x295
>>64495297
>>64495320
>>64495349
>>
Top 5 of 2015
>>
>>64495126
Well the question becomes what did you expect? Its a Tarantino film shot in a Tarantino way, you'll like it or you wont there's no gray area except for a rare opinion here or there. Everything from the camera work to the environment that the setting takes place in is extremely well designed and compliments the story that takes place, as well as makes for some interesting twists and turns which this movie has plenty of. For those who are unfamiliar with Tarantino, he likes to show the story of the characters that are part of the main cast and the main cast only, however, because of this some may feel that this movie is unfinished. It's a fun movie with plenty of twists that'll keep you anticipated for whats about to happen with a killer music score, its like an 8/10 and one of Tarantinos best
>>
I loved it. Enjoyable characters , attractive storyline , strong finish.

One thing I didn't get was that how come Mannix didn't attack Samuel L Jackson after he killed the general? Only like 10 minutes earlier he said he'd hang Sam if he acted up with the general
>>
File: 1451876087571.png (42 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
1451876087571.png
42 KB, 362x362
One of my favourite tarantula movies.
I liked all the characters but thought there could have been more development.
Perfectly casted too
8/10 Imo
>>
File: 09730967306.jpg (137 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
09730967306.jpg
137 KB, 500x374
I loved it, but as I've said before, I think a lot of the side actors very underutilized.

I was very interested in them when they showed up, then they sort of just stood in the background and eventually died. Still good, though Sam's character was quite despicable, so the last section of the movie didn't have quite the impact I think it could have.
>>
File: DIIIAAABOLLLICAL.png (191 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
DIIIAAABOLLLICAL.png
191 KB, 720x260
The only thing I didn't like was QT's narration. I would have preferred to be shown the coffee poisoning and not have a chapter title explained to me.

Oh, and that random SLJ slow-mo long after the slow-mo had ended, that was kind of weird.
>>
>>64495126
was Roth forcing himself to act like Christoph Waltz on purpose as a ruse ?
>>
>>64495126
4/10

They hyped it too much.
>>
>>64498030
Yeah, that was unneeded. BUT, you pretty much have to handhold, people are getting dumber and dumber.
>>
>>64498030
I can't help but wonder if the movie would have benefited from the poison flashback scene being omitted completely. Would have caught the audience by surprise and left them shocked and confused like the cast.

Also, that Diabolical slow-mo was kinda weird too. Woulda been better in regular motion.
>>
>>64495419
They are getting worse and worse.

His movies have always had the word 'nigger' in them, now though, he's laying on rather thick, like he's using his movies as a constant reminder that black people were wronged at a point in history
>>
They should have called it The Hateful 9gag
>>
YOU HAVE TO NAIL IT SHUT
>>
Walton Goggins' acting was pretty shit. It was like he was trying too hard.

He was a lot better in THE D BE SILENT
>>
>>64495126
worse than django. YGSIU Tarantino
>>
>>64498378
It's like he forgot he was in a western and thought he was still playing the tranny in Sons of Anarchy
>>
File: lights8ber.jpg (208 KB, 1323x1066) Image search: [Google]
lights8ber.jpg
208 KB, 1323x1066
>>
>>64498537
confirmed same universe as star wars
>>
>>64498537
no. it's black dick pulling out of tarantinos bleeding ass
>>
I like Tarantino's way to tell a story and this story was good and well told. There are some mistakes on production side, like that super noticeable SLJ. It feels like watching one of his other movies, with same actors but a different story, and it feels short because when you see those actors you expect them to have more spotlight. But no, they have their shining moment but they are secondaries and play their part.

My problem with this movie is that after watching it once then that's it you really don't want to rewatch because it loses all surprise. No wonder Tarantino was so anal about script leaks.
>>
SAY ADIOS TO YOUR HEUVOS.
>>
>>64495162
>>64495350

>fun

this was the most boring shit I've seen in a long time aside of the danish girl which by the way was horrible, too
>>
>>64497167
Because it was self defense and he was a lawman
>>
>>64497167
Difference between shooting an unarmed man and shooting in self defense.

That many witnesses in the room can collaborate that even though Samuel armed the general, when Samuel shot he was shooting in self defense as the general had grabbed that gun. So they were discussing the legality behind what just happened instead of just wasting the motherfucker.

I really liked the movie, lt's not one I'll race out and see again, and i think after chapter 4 it began to fall apart a bit, I kind of dug the "Everyone is not as they seem" vibe, and would've loved it if there was only one person there trying to free the sister.
Another person could've been a bounty hunter who caught wind and was going to kill everyone and take the corpse back,
Another person could've been someone who botched robbing the place, hid the bodies and then had to act like the farm hand when people suddenly showed up.
Another person could've been hiding in the basement the whole time.
When the narration came on i went "Holy shit, this is playing out like a murder mystery who dunnit"
which i was really holding out for more.
That or for it to be a Tarantino remake of "The Thing" set in the west.

Would rate it over Django/Deathproof. But under inglorious bastards.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.