[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a great little movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: edge_of_tom.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
edge_of_tom.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
What a great little movie.
>>
It's only watchable the first time. I struggled to see it again since the gimmick wore off.
>>
THE TIP OF THE SPEAR
>>
EDGE OF THE KNIFE
>>
I think it's held back by how boring and simplistic the actual plot is and the final action sequence was pretty bland to me.

It's very good on a character level though and the actors are great. Makes great use of the repeating day concept too. Also I enjoyed the robot suits.
>>
>>64491844
I enjoyed it thoroughly
>>
File: Edge-of-Tomorrow-First-Death-4.jpg (68 KB, 1262x523) Image search: [Google]
Edge-of-Tomorrow-First-Death-4.jpg
68 KB, 1262x523
>>64491913
>It's only watchable the first time.
Hm, I actually caught the first 45ish minutes of it and still enjoyed it. I think Tom Cruise is just very relateable as a "fish out of water" in the military. Plus the first battle scene is fucking great.
>>
Tom is based af.
>>
>>64491981
CRACK. OF. MY. ASS.
>>
>>64491844
>movie
Flick. A good one at that, I'll admit. But still a flick.
>>
One thing I didn't quite understand was the scene where the two mains were driving away from the beach in the car and Cruise starts telling Blunt how he knows her middle name and stories that she told her during the several times he repeated the day. Blunt looked confused and denied all of it.

Was Cruise lying to try and get the truth? Or was Blunt lying to Cruise during those repeats? I really never understood that scene.
>>
>>64491844
The light novel is pretty good.
Same with the manga if you're looking for more of the series.
>>
>>64491913
Don't confuse quality with rewatchablility
>>
>>64492112
she didn't want to believe she was that vulnerable in a past repeat?
>>
>>64491844
ending was really dumb, concept was cool, some action was good, didn't actually mind tom that much. Does it pass the 2nd watch test? Nah, i'd rather watch an upper tier movie
>>
>>64492163

I thought that at one point too,But she eventually tells him her real middle name during one of her deaths.
>>
>>64492112
She was confused as to why she would have told him that
>>
File: emily edge .webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
emily edge .webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>>64491844
>>
>>64491844
>little movie

More like big blockbuster Hollywood action film staring TOM CRUISE.

Who the fuck are you?
>>
>>64492086
It was obviously a film faggot
>>
It made me realize I want emily blunt to step on my balls.
>>
HEY I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR SUIT
>>
>>64492445

>ywn berry your dick in her vadge while she does this move so you can nibble on her neck
>>
>>64492720
l-lewd
>>
>>64492713
ON YOUR FEET MAGGOT
>>
>>64491844
i dont think they ever explained the mimics like in the light novel cause it was implied that nanites were sent by an intelligent alien race to absorb matter from the planet and teraform it,

they were pretty much fighting nano infused starfish since that the first creature they interacted with
>>
File: Hardware.jpg (73 KB, 511x755) Image search: [Google]
Hardware.jpg
73 KB, 511x755
>>64491844
As far as under-the-radar science-fiction goes it's not much. If it weren't for Tom Cruise it'd be pretty trash. Like others have said it's good for one viewing but loses steam towards the end and has a shitty final battle. Also the supporting characters feel comic-book like in a bad way.

Richard Stanley should have had a career instead of shit like this getting enormous budgets. With under half a million dollars he could do better.
>>
I NEED TO KNOW NOW
>>
>>64492112
She told him at some point during the numerous repeats in the loop and didn't know she had because each time she resets her memory but he remembers everything. So he slowly gets more suave with her and she opens up, but her own mentality towards him resets.
>>
shouldve went with the manga suit design
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.