[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've heard Yoda would actually lose badly to Vader in an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
I've heard Yoda would actually lose badly to Vader in an actually fight. Please tell me that Isn't true?
>>
Yoda doesn't believe in war. He doesn't fight.
>>
I could kick your ass OP
>>
>>64489875
Assuming that by "actual" we mean, how it *should* go down outside of movie magic, then Yoda would get beaten by any normal-sized Jedi. Reach is a pretty big deal in fights, whether it's swords or fists... speaking of which, the Rocky IV fight would be a nearly perfect win for Ivan Drogo due to his superior reach. It'd be downright unfair, similar to Yoda and his baby lightsaber vs. Vader.
>>
File: mfw.gif (991 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
991 KB, 320x240
>>64490097
>baby lightsaber
>mfw yoda literally has to shop for lightsabers in the same department as the younglings
when will they learn
>>
>>64489943
WRONG
>>
>>64489875
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64489875
Vader is stronger than Yoda, he only lets Luke beat him
>>
>>64489875
OT Yoda wouldn't fight him.

PT retconned Yoda would whoop his ass.
>>
Vader would win if he a was written to win, or lose if he was written to lose, dumb ass.
>>
>>64490097
That depends for boxing tho, I remember Hollifield put up a great fight against that giant mongoloid form Ukraine, the one who was 2m tall.

For sword fighting tho I have no idea because nobody does that anymore and all reports we have are from ancient times, so the bigger guy would win because it meant he was actually fed as a kid so he could grow.
>>
>>64490418
Wow you must be such a laugh at parties.
>>
>>64490097
reach isn't, weight is

mike tyson
>>
>>64490407
Lucas said Vader is stronger and would win
>>
>>64489875
I've heard OP is a faggot. Please tell me that Isn't true?
>>
>>64490555
I don't recall ever seeing him state that. He has stated Sheev is the strongest Sith that has ever lived, and Yoda is the strongest Jedi that has ever lived and that the two are close. He also sated Vader never matched the power of Sheev, so it's pretty up in the air as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>64490467
>going to parties
>>
Before the prequels were made, Jorge said Yoda wasn't a warrior, just a teacher, so Vader would kick his ass in a duel. He retconned that later.
>>
>>64490555
So it's PT Yoda we're talking about here

I can't make any powerrankings for the PT because it's all over the place.
Ani loses an arm to Dooku, goes on amazing adventures in TAS with Obi then he's strong enough to kill him.
But Dooku rekt Obi easily at the same time. Then later Obi is almost killing Ani, what gives?

Also what's the deal with Yoda in all of this, fuck me, making him fight was one of the most retarded things George ever did.
>>
>>64490388
elaborate
>>
>>64490604
This. If Anakin killed Obi Wan and didn't get crippled, sure, but Yoda fought Sheev to a stalemate, and he was more powerful
>>
>>64490649
theres more to fights than who's strongest
>>
>>64490765
If you're going to say the state of mind also matters, then you'll have to agree with [spoilers]Rey beating Kylo[/spoilers} too.
>>
>>64490700
Watch him fight Luke, he's very clearly conflicted and just gives up because he doesn't want to kill his son

I'm honestly surprised people think Yoda would be able to fight Vader
>>
>>64490649
where's that rock/paper/scissors analogy from another thread where an anon rekt this mindset

>hurr durr Dooku rekt Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan beat Anakin, Dooku is more powerful than Vader!
>>
Yoda got his ass kicked by Sheev.
Vader straight up strong-armed that bitch.
>>
>>64490604
W-what? I have only seen the prequels + TFA, but i always thought Vader was the best there ever was.
Why is he considered that great a villain then?
>>
>>64490843
no, styles, emotional states ect are a factor, but someone with no experience shouldnt beat a trained fighter, do you think you could beat up mike tyson because he's feeling upset?
>>
>>64490861
He couldn't even kill his master alone like a true Sith for over 20 years. He only killed him at the end, because Sheev spent himself on Luke
>>
File: budgetary_restrictions.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
budgetary_restrictions.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>implying Yoda couldn't defeat a burn victim with a budget medical suit
>>
>>64489875
Of fucking course yoda is a fucking manlet
>>
>>64490940
its autists with anime mindsets getting confused, Vader would BTFO Yoda
>>
>>64490705

Novelization said Yoda lost to Sidious, I am paraphrasing but;

"The Sith had spent a thousand years preparing for this, adapating and changing, an as greatest scion of the light, 'pinnacle of light' just did not have it'

He equated that Jedi had not learned from history and stagnated while Sith had changed and grown stronger.

Yoda lost.
>>
>>64490940
>Why is he considered that great a villain then?
Because he's a decent villain, with an interesting character and an actual arc. Plus he looks cool.

Power levels have almost nothing to do with with how good of a villain a character is.

DBZ villains blow up galaxies, but most of us would consider them retarded rather than epitomes of villainy.
>>
>>64490962
you mean his master that beat yoda?
>>
>>64490952
>someone with no experience
That's precisely why I mentioned TAS adventures, that's where Obi and Ani truly bonded and gained combat experience.

I'd say with his stronger raw power, Ani would be at the same level as Obi because of the similar experiences.

ALso Obi himself said that Ani had to save his ass about 9 times.
The only thing that can explain him beatin Ani was that he was emotionally crippled, nothing else would make sense.
>>
>>64490940
>only seen prequels and TFA
this is bait
>>
>>64491044
Yoda fought him 1v1 and lived. Vader wasn't even fighting him and still got killed
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 740x416
Depends on who is playing as Vader
>>
>>64491231

The game from Revenge of the Sith had a great skirmish system
>>
>>64491046
he's in a rage and obi is calm, different fighting styles are a big part of fights, anakins sort of a swarmer or maybe a slugger and obi one is like a counter puncher or outside fighter and an intimate knowledge of anakin

plus its a sword fight, anakins power in the force isnt as useful as experience there
>>
>>64491282
>different fighting styles are a big part of fights,

Fuck off EU nigger. Don't bring up that fan fiction shit into the movies.
>>
>>64491324
im talking about boxing retard
>>
I've only seen the prequels + TFA. But yoda was equally matched against sheev, who made vader his burns bitch. Yoda should be able to run rings around vader.
>>
>>64491457
nah he'd have learned loads of dark side stuff, by a new hope he'd wreck anyone from the prequels
>>
>>64491282

Annie is Manny Pacquiao?Obi is Mayweather?
>>
If Yoda could win, he would confront Vader and fuck his shit up.

But the manlet decided to chill in Dagobah.
>>
>>64491544
that's a pretty good analogy yeah
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.