[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a bad movie with these two >protip:you cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: peggfrost.jpg (105 KB, 1845x1184) Image search: [Google]
peggfrost.jpg
105 KB, 1845x1184
name a bad movie with these two
>protip:you cant
>>
>>64484326
Why don't you ask Kanjiklub
>>
>>64484326
that zombie one with john leguizamo. afternoon of the dead or something stupid, i think king koopa was the badguy in the tower also
>>
>>64484405
it wasn't leguizamo, it was the dude from planet terror
>>
The one with the Alien looked bad, Paul or something.
>>
>>64484475
land of the dead is the movie i was thinking of
>>
>>64484326

worlds end or whatever the fuck it was called
>>
File: ayyyyy lmao.jpg (145 KB, 666x986) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy lmao.jpg
145 KB, 666x986
This one wasn't TOO bad, but it was pretty lackluster.
>>
>>64484550
>this came out nearly half a decade ago
Man, what the fuck.
>>
>>64484326
PAUL
>>
Anything that either of them appear in that isn't an Edgar Wright movie. They are the faces of reddit. As soon as Simon Pegg pops up in a blockbuster you know there was some cynical conversation about how the young internet posting demographic just loves trendy british comedy. So you get this memelord gurning at the camera with his video games and comic books. It's like the screen is irradiating upvotes and you just need to get away.

Even Shaun Of THe Dead and Hot Fuzz which I can't consider to be bad movies have been so overexposed by the reddit /v/ideogame audience that I could never watch them again in my life. The World's End is the only one I could sit through again because that wasn't memey enough for the redditora crowd to latch onto so heavily appatently.

Fuck Spaced too. The cultural blueprint for the reddit age we are now suffering.
>>
File: laheyhero.jpg (11 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
laheyhero.jpg
11 KB, 182x277
>>64484690
Autism speaks
>>
>>64484595
i thought it came out like 10 years ago lol oldfag
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>64484690
What the fuck is reddit even supposed to be anymore
>>
>>64484405
Came here to post this: Land of the Dead
>>
>>64484748
Infantilized "geek culture" left wing "internet savvy" millennial.
>>
Paul
At World's End
>>
>>64484741
Says the comic book reader, the capeshit watcher, the video game player.
>>
>>64484888
Says the guy who got those 8's.
>>
The world's end is trash. That movie was a metaphor for my shitty life that was to come
>>
>>64484550
It felt like it belonged in the trilogy more than the worlds end. As far as tone and references go.
>>
so whos the funny one of the two and whose latching on coattails?
>>
>>64484973
>that was to come
Could be worse anon, I think my problem with the movie was that Peg's character was a little too close for comfort.
>>
File: MUST CONTAIN RAGE.png (903 KB, 1500x1545) Image search: [Google]
MUST CONTAIN RAGE.png
903 KB, 1500x1545
>>64484690

Oh, that's it. Now you've done it. You've unleashed the fucking FURY.

YOU STILL DON'T GET IT, DO YOU?

I'm from Reddit and I love this place, also. Oh, does that make you mad? So very mad? Oh, you seem quite mad that there are those of us from Reddit who also enjoy coming here and hanging out with you cool guys. We like it. We REALLY like this place. Oh, we're not leaving. We're sitting right here, friendo. You like that one? "Friendo?" It's from No Country For Old Men. I know tv memes lol!

You think this is your own private utopia, your retreat from the world, your clubhouse to hang out with your other rebels, but guess what? We Reddit folk found it. We found it and we like it.

And we're NOT LEAVING.
>>
>>64484405
>>64484826

nick frost aint in land of the dead its edgar wright
>>
>>64485052
Nick Frost has some really great comedic timing and delivery and doesn't have to rely on the fat-guy-falling-down schtick. He's also got good bantz with the fans and crew if the special features of hot fuzz and sean of the dead are anything to go by.

>Flushing the cake down the toilet
>every time
>>
>>64484326

Paul sucked, but all their other films are great.
>>
>>64484996
>the trilogy
Acknowledging the "trilogy" is the most reddit thing you could possibly do.
>>
>>64485074

please be pasta
>>
File: Babby.png (379 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
Babby.png
379 KB, 468x396
>>64485254

So you think you can talk shit about reddit all day? That your racism, sexism, homophobia and intolerance will be accepted?

We redditors don't tolerant intolerance - and my katana isn't just for show.

Well done, you got a reaction from the bad boys of reddit. That's what you wanted, right? Now we've decided we're taking over.

You've sensed it already, haven't you? The memes becoming better and better the responses more hilarious - that's us, pushing you out. When you say something intolerant about minorities or women and get called out like the bigots you are - that's us, taking your board.

You have no idea to the extent of fear which you should be feeling now you have drawn reddit on you. Your zombie Jew fairytale can't protect you now. This board is ours and all discussion will be as intelligent as on reddit.

You think I'm giving you an empty threat? Believe that. But the 'internet hate machine' already seems a lot more tolerant and forgiving then it's reputation. The 'hackers on steroids' have been outsmarted by the kind and souls of reddit.

You have lost your board.

Track my IP if you want to 'hackers' but I am smart enough to use the university library computer - and I'm even in incognito mode for added security.

Sent with true euphoria,

An enlightened redditor.

PS - Bane belongs to us.
>>
>>64485254
Not even fresh pasta.
>>
>>64484326
I hate Saun of the Dead.

Thoroughly enjoyed Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Took me out of it that no one was taking the horde of undead seriously despite the consequences being blatantly shown throughout the film. It wasn't funny enough in the final act to justify nothing making sense.
>>
>>64484326
paul and its not that bad.

better question what are their best movies?
>>
>>64485359
>no one was taking the horde of undead seriously
The entire town was evacuated, boarded up, or eaten. The only people not taking it seriously are a group of assholes, and their doppelgangers. Their reasons for being preoccupied is the entire premise for the movie.
>>
The World's End

Huge dissapointment
>>
>>64485478
I liked it, it wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't very funny. I had certain expectations that I thought were justified, and the movie went in a completely opposite direction.
>>
>>64484550
>>64485074
>>64485232
Goodbye reddit
>>
The World's End is the best of the trilogy purely for the merit of having at least one actual character rather than a bunch of 2D meme machines. Shame about the alien bullshit. Guess they felt obligated to pander to the genre memers with that token effort because the marketing departments had already pushed the "LE CORNETTO TRILOGY" meme too much for them to commit to making a movie rather than just the usual flick.

Still. First half movie/second half flick is still better than a motion picture that never rises above the level of flick from start to finish.
>>
>>64485466
Like I said, my biggest complaints are with the pub scene. Even when Saun's mom gets coup-de-graced, they're still smacking the zombies around with pool cues despite having established there's only one way to kill them, which you couldn't with a blunt cue. Then there's the conveniently loaded Winchester, the weird ending with Frost's character being a zombie slave, the half-assed Deus Ex Machina ending. I like the way the film was set up, just kind of falls flat when they half-ass their last stand where Wright can't decide when he wants the film to get serious or not. I mean, with World's End and Hot Fuzz, the climaxes are hyperbolic and satirical, Shaun of the Dead's is just frustrating.
>>
>>64485232
Everything is fucking reddit these days. I'm not him, but it IS a trilogy, no doubt about it, and acknowledging that isn't reddit. The movies themselves, however, are a different story...
>>
>>64484690
This is true. For a long time I thought I liked Simon Pegg, when really I liked Edgar Wright.
>>
>>64485867
>but it IS a trilogy
Hello reddit.
>It's a trilogy because I want to be part of the epin trendy clubhouse of le cornetto femdom

>it's a trilogy because even the makers say it's a trilogy
And Pegg, Wright and Frost are all redditors so that onlu proves me right.
>>
>>64485934
if the creators say it's a trilogy then of course it should be acknowledged as a trilogy
>>
>>64485609
Someone get this crusty juggler out of here
>>
>>64486016
Not if the creators are mentally ill. If Ridley Scott went senile and said that Thelma and Louise, American Gangster and The Martian were a trilogy would you believe him?
>>
>>64485832
>Then there's the conveniently loaded Winchester
It's set up early in the movie, so I can't get mad at a spoof movie that literally has Checkov's gun hanging over the bar. Nearly the first half of the movie is just set ups for jokes in the second half.

That works for me in a spoof/genre comedy. I get what you're saying though, but for me it never passed that threshold.

And hitting the zombies with the cue's was for the music number, as soon as that is over, the windows get smashed in, harry potter gets torn apart, britbong/10 runs after him, and generally "Shit gets real" in the character's reality.
>>
>>64484996
No it didn't, it felt too much like SNL for me
>>
>>64486066

But you're mentally ill, you just distract yourself from it by surrounding yourself with other people who are mentally ill. If you don't believe me, go out into the real world and call things Reddit. Make sure you behave the way you do here, interrupting people who say anything you don't like to call them Reddit.

Report back with the results.
>>
>>64484326
all of them
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>64486066
So you're saying 25 years into the future is when they made the claim it was a trilogy? And what? A time traveler brought that knowledge to the present?

>Hey bro, what are some stocks I should invest in?
I don't know, whatever
>What about politics? Who's the president? Is there a war?
You know, some stuff happened
>Well come on, you're from the future. There must be something you can tell me!
Oh yeah, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the Worlds end are a trilogy.
>What?
Oh... and they're reddit as fuck. I need to be getting back to the future now.
>>
File: wtf bender.gif (951 KB, 340x213) Image search: [Google]
wtf bender.gif
951 KB, 340x213
>>64486146
wait you find big mama funny?
>>
>>64485932
>This is true. For a long time I thought I liked Simon Pegg, when really I liked Edgar Wright.
Me too. If I saw Pegg on the street today I'd literally do everything in my power to kill him then and there with zero hesitation. Frost wouldn't make me particularly mad. He was always just one of their buddies riding on the coat tails, he isn't more offensive to me than any fat manchild. Pegg on the otherhand is a monument to a whole degenerate culture and I shake with rage even just thinking about him.

I do still quite like Wright though. I'm not sure how to feel about the whole Antman thing. On one hand I despise comic book capeshit and wouldn't want him to get absorbed into that factory of blandess, I think he might have actually made a decent capeshit if he got what he wanted, so missing that is a shame, also now there seems like a risk that he will just crawl back to Pegg after his failure and then pander to the fanboys for the rest of his career.
>>
>>64484368
tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64485932
>>64486238
>implying Edgar Wright would even be half as-successful as he is, without the genius of Simon Pegg spearheading his films
>>
>>64485524
It wasn't that funny to me either, but to me it wasn't bad at all. I liked how everyone had real life problems that might hit close to home for the audience.
>>
>>64486308
he made his films more memable
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.