[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys get/see your movies? I live in a non english
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: asdasdasdasd.gif (20 KB, 649x517) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasd.gif
20 KB, 649x517
Where do you guys get/see your movies?
I live in a non english speaking country: not only there arent any cinemas that show the original version, but most movies dont even get here. or if they do they come so fucking late.
More than half of the movies of 2015 still havent gotten here, for fuck sake.
no private trackers, dont have time fo dat
>>
>no private trackers
well then use public trackers. It's not a like some 3rd world shithole cares about piracy
>>
>>64483388
what sites do you use? because on tpb I cant only find shitty versions, like spotlight was almost 480p cut-off footage
>>
>>64483251

Why would you even want to watch Hollywood productions? Better explore movies from your country and surrounding ones.
>>
>>64483251
What the fuck are you doing in Kyrgyzstan? Seriously. I've just always assumed it was a joke by map makers because who is going to call them a liar?

Is Rand McNally a real country too?
>>
>>64483251
Don't mean to turn into /int/, but I've never met anyone from Kyrgyzstan, how's the country doing? Do you get many dubbed movies? How would you get any movie theaters built there? That is, if you are from there.
>>
>>64483936
The movie industry here is not good, some gems every once in a while but the rest is horrible.
I just wanna watch Spotlight, big short, creed, martian and steve jobs..and when they come out h8ful 8 and revenant...just the fact that I wont be able to see these 2 in english in a cinema is making me mad
>>64484051
>>64484097
I just picked the most remote country I could think of, sorry I'm from Italy

Is there some site like Vudu that lets you rent/buy a digital copy of a movie decently close to release?
>>
>>64483897
Kickass

>there are people who still use TPB
C'MON PEOPLE IT'S 2015
>>
>>64484162

You Italians like to dub everything, never understood why. Germans too.
>>
>>64484163
I always used tbp out of habit, used to use kat, is it noticeably better in quality? and what's the best domain/mirror? I always lose track of those
>>
When will the Stans combine into a giant Stan?
>>
>>64484204
because dubbers here think they add to the movie with their work. I actually have some friends that prefer dubbing (ok if you dont understand english) but defend it saying that in some cases it makes it better cos "the actor doesnt have a nice voice"
I cant stand movies that are dubbed anymore
>>
>>64484162
>I just picked the most remote country I could think of, sorry
Tonight at 11: Spaghetti-Niggers ruins everything!

I don't know where you are, but I'm pretty sure there's a few US Military bases in different parts of Italy, might be worth going near base (if its near you) and see if you've got any options.
>>
>>64484358
neat idea, nothing near.
milan, you would figure there would be some fucking english speaking cinema here
also, there's like one cinema in italy that is 70mm capable...I wanted to see Quentin's meme format
alsox2, I cant find spotlight on kat, I must be doing something wrong
>>
>>64484479
That does suck anon. I lived in Asia for years, and it was annoying to always have release dates MONTHS after the movie came out in the US, we still got all the major US releases eventually.

But all that being said, if you have no convenient or legal way to get a hold of movies, then you shouldn't feel guilty about pirating.

Also, can't you get a proxy in the US and just stream Amazon, they've got on demand, so you could conceivably be able to see anything as soon as its released for home video.
>>
>>64484822
the problem is that public trackers have really shit quality across the board..
do you mean prime instant video? I tried it for a month but didnt feel like paying for prime just to watch movies, and most new movies I would have to pay for anyway if I remember correctly, and they aint cheap on there
>>
>>64484965
Well Prime Instant Video is for a netflix like service. But I thought there was also a PPV instant watch service open to anyone that paid for the movie.

I've had amazon prime forever though, so I might be wrong of how vanilla works.
>>
>>64484276
It's not okay if you don't understand English though. Get subtitles -> Don't lose the initial performance -> Learn English by watching lots of movies -> Speak English.

Seriously, I think this is one of the reasons the French for example are still generally shit at English.

(Also live in a non-english speaking country but dubbing is only done for kids movies here, as it should be)
>>
>>64485239
yeah there is, but they just cost a fuckload and often it's physical copy+digital copy. vudu would be the best option for me (just digital) but they wait a lot of time before starting to sell movies, and they still cost A LOT
>>64485507
you dont need to convince me, I was just trying to rationalize their beliefs. They just hate english or are too lazy to learn it. And then some come to me and complain about how they now need to go to the UK for 6 months to learn the language for uni/work....hilarious
>>
>>64485507
Some places though, their voice actors are famous in their own right for doing dubs. Like they always get the same guy to do bruce willis, or arnold.

Sort of like Goku's voice if you grew up watching the english dub. When you finally hear his retarded japanese lady voice, you can't handle it.
>>
>>64485583
>often it's physical copy+digital copy
Well maybe it is part of the Prime Service. But if you don't live somewhere that you can take advantage of free 2 day shipping, then the prime membership isn't worth it.
>>
>>64485690
You can't really compare cartoons to movies with real actors bud.
>>
>>64485690
yep, same thing here, there are some dubbers that are pretty well know. like there was this guy who did homer, murphy, carrey and others but he died
>>
>>64485758
Not in the english speaking world. But tv shows and movies in non english markets are well known for having a whole industry build around dubbing over voices.

The goku thing was just the best analogy I could come up with.
>>
>>64484204
>>64485507

Spaniard here, everything is dubbed because people literally doesn't want to read while watching TV and because watching it in english (or original in general) is considered to be "hipster".

I don't share any of that, but I'm sure we would be having the same complaint from english speakers if suddenly 90% of the popular movies are made in another language. I never understood how common folks deal with it in the smaller european countries that do not dub.
>>
File: Very_bad_trip_custom_v2_kimo21.jpg (2 MB, 3240x2175) Image search: [Google]
Very_bad_trip_custom_v2_kimo21.jpg
2 MB, 3240x2175
>>64485846
Yeah I know, but it's stupid. You're losing a lot of the performance. I despise it.

>>64485922
Well everyone is used to it... I mean, the way a line is delivered is so important, the pauses, the tone and height of a voice. It's a big part of the movie. Also it's fucking stupid to see Alec Baldwin in NY speak French for example.

The French are infamous offenders of being cunts in this respect, they change a lot of the titles of movies as well, some of them to another title in English.

Also the general knowledge of English is pretty good here as well which is a nice plus.
>>
>>64486096
>The French are infamous offenders of being cunts in this respect, they change a lot of the titles of movies as well, some of them to another title in English.

Yeah, my guess is that people here in France are bad with English, but movie distributors still want a cool-sounding English name.

If they had kept "The Hangover", people would have no idea what it means, and therefore no idea of what the movie would be about. But a "bad trip" (or "very bad trip") is an expression often used, so people know what it means.
>>
>>64486096
>Yeah I know, but it's stupid. You're losing a lot of the performance. I despise it.
I don't disagree. Just pointing out that it's not a black and white kind of issue to a lot of those people. Some of them PREFER the voices their familiar with.
>>
>>64486096
>Well everyone is used to it...
But has it been like that since cinema was introduced in your country? Didn't people complain? Changing it now would probably ruin most cinemas here.

>I mean, the way a line is delivered is so important, the pauses, the tone and height of a voice. It's a big part of the movie. Also it's fucking stupid to see Alec Baldwin in NY speak French for example.

In theory, they keep all that. It doesn't sound stupid at all when the movie and the dubbing are good, after all american movies make non-english characters speak english (and there's nothing wrong with it). The problem is that the dubbing is not always good, of course. Sometimes it can't even be good due to language differences. this is why I prefer to watch the original myself.

>The French are infamous offenders of being cunts in this respect, they change a lot of the titles of movies as well, some of them to another title in English.

Spaniards do that too, but less and only very rarely in english. I think it's ok when it's done well. Resacón en Las Vegas sells better than La Resaca.
>>
>>64486296
>people would have no idea what it means
I refuse to believe that the alcoholic country of France has no word for "hangover."

On second thought, maybe they just call it "morning."
>>
>>64486355
I'm pretty sure is has been like that forever yes.

>in theory
Eh, the actors are consumed by the character, they live the role, they do the scene over and over until it's perfect. The dubbers just sit in a booth and say the lines, you can never get the same emotional depth from a dub. (I have seen dubbed movies from abroad and they were all shit)
>>
>>64486306
Yes this is also very important. I myself think that Bruce Willis sounds worst in english than dubbed in spanish. It's the only one for me, but it says a lot considering that nowadays I prefer to watch movies in the original language always, no exceptions.
>>
>>64486359
He means that people with bad english doesn't know the word in english.
>>
>>64486359
>I refuse to believe that the alcoholic country of France has no word for "hangover."

Note that I said
>movie distributors want a cool-sounding English name
Yes, we have a word (or at least, an expression) for hangover: "Gueule de bois". But in my opinion, it sounds like shit for a movie title, and distributors probably thought the same.

So they can't keep the original title since people don't know what it means, and they can't translate it literally because it's awful. They simply create another title, easy to understand.
>>
>>64486096
This
Jokes and banter are the worst. I still hate dramatic scenes and the complete disconnect from dubbing and actor, but jokes are instantly cringeworthy.
Anyway, I always tell my friends...you're losing half the performance, or at least a big part.
>>64486306
Yeah, some movies from my childhood I just cant watch in english. The simpsons as well, the dubbing is too ingrained in my memories.
>>64486296
The level of english here in italy is horrendous, dubbers have a huge role, both for familiarity, ignorance and lazyness by the audience
>>
>Kyrgyzstan
>obscure

do u even geography bruh?

Should have went with a pacific island like East Timor or Tuvalu
>>
>>64484204
Also Russians
Shit is disgusting
Can't watch a movie with my parents
Americans are master race with their subtle subtitles.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.