[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/, let's talk about Birdman.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: ZZ71C12DC0.jpg (212 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
ZZ71C12DC0.jpg
212 KB, 1500x1120
/tv/, let's talk about Birdman.
>>
nah, not gonna do it
>>
>>64482319
people praised it too much, I can't like it.
>>
the first 3/4 are ok.
The rest is shit. Especialy the ending.
>>
DUDE TRACKING SHOTS LMAO
>>
is it worth a watch? should I watch this or ex machina or neither
>>
>>64482319

T R A C K I N G S H O T S XD

couldn't get past the first 15 mins, the pretentiousness was nauseating
>>
>>64482441
both
>>
File: Jaako.png (216 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Jaako.png
216 KB, 480x640
>>64482319
please let's don't

>>64482398
>This
Hype is like cancer. Nothing can live up to hype. Expectation is AIDS and hype is cancer.
>>
>>64482431
>>64482477
leave
>>
>>64482500
I actually loved it (except for the ending). Just wanted to meme 2bh lad.
>>
>"wow...... hollywood so fake ..... if only there was REAL characters......."
>for 2 hours
>set to obnoxious drums

how did people think this movie was good
>>
>>64482441
ex machina has some thought in it, birdman is more entertaining

both are visually good
>>
Brilliant: Cinematography, direction, score/soundtrack, acting

muddled, meandering, ultimately inconsequential: script
>>
>>64482319
It's really really good and has incredible acting
>>
>>64482564

2deep4u
>>
>>64482500
Take your shit flick back to /r/movies
>>
>>64482441
neither
>>
whiplash was best movie of 2014, debate me atheists
>>
>>64482759
>HUE reddit ANYTHING i don't like reddit
WOOH totally nailed 'em no contest hook link sinker pack it up & take it on home jackpot baby ya-hoo. Completely destroyed utterly decimated times a hundred thousand, wowow you have shown the way the light and the truth and it's bright. Quick hip-hip hooray for everything you've got to say, past-present-future so ruthless leave you in sutures #ENT you fukken ent me
>>
>>64482875
God is dead
>>
>>64482875
>le teacher is so funny xD

he was a fucking psycho and there was no point in the whole movie. Also the dinner scene made me cringe. But yes it was very good overall.
>>
He survives and was dreaming about his daughter going to the window.

>bullets he uses are blanks (look closely at them)
>IV sounds when he's in bed but he doesn't take any wires out when he stands
>Birdman only appears when he's sleeping (like after he passes out on the stairs)
>in his dream he takes flight and his daughter finally admires him

Case closed.
>>
>>64482916
>there was no point in the whole movie

how do you miss something so blatant?
>>
It's the best movie of 2014? Yes
It's 2014 a good year for cinema? No
>>
>>64482319
Quite good desu.
>>
>interpret the movie as being a defense of capeshit because Riggan is a tryhard moron who literally shoots himself so he can pretend to be a sophisticated actor to satisfy his own ego, even though he ignores that he already has brought joy to millions and people loved his work as Birdman
>Inafrittu actually hates capeshit and thinks its destroying culture

... I feel so confused

>>64482916
The teacher is a psycho but so was Miles Teller. THAT was a point. It's about a kid with so much ambition he destroys his entire life and ruins his relationships just to please some asshole teacher
>>
>>64482899
HE'S SURELY ALIVE!

HE'S LIVING ON THE INSIDE!
>>
birdman? more like tour-de-forced

the virtuosity on display evidently is enough for many to praise this stunt to the sky, but even that virtue isn't all it's cracked up to be: a lot of the performances suffer as the result of the long-take format. keaton's teeth-grinding approach is up and down, and emma stone appears completely lost without the editorial control afforded by traditional cutting. (norton on the other hand is a force of nature and puts everyone else in the cast to shame)
the script is riddled with "punchy" lines that whiff terribly, and the "enigmatic" final shot is a copout (especially frustrating because the film teases us over and over again with faux-suicides).

but mostworst is that the film is a daisy chain of potshots. this is meant to be an "incisive" film but it's more like a manic stabbing at an empty pillowcase with a butterknife. what exactly is this film's perspective, besides the fact that everyone and everything is riddled with bullshit? the only truth "birdman" actually clarifies is that inarritu's purview is hopelessly jaundiced and pathetic. this junk isn't really inside riggan thompson's head (despite the gimmick-laden scenes of "introspection"), it's just underneath his wig. a simpleminded piece of unenjoyable trash whose countless shortcomings are masked by competent execution of choices made in the pre-production process, and in some ways one of the year's worst releases.
>>
>>64483028
Here is my reply. You won't find another one like it in the entire world. I have handcrafted this reply using skills taught to me by Indonesian monks over the course of a quarter century. I have honed these talents into the post you are currently reading. It is clear, concise, and best of all, a joy to read. The use of proper grammar and spelling is above and beyond any mere reading experience brought to you prior to this glorious moment. Indeed, no one has, or ever will, match the tenacity and sheer incredibleness of this post. There's simply no reason to even try. Hang up your posting boots, kids, the game's been won. This is the greatest reply ever posted in the entire history of the world. And you're welcome.
>>
Birdshit
>>
File: 1414115690565.jpg (26 KB, 763x414) Image search: [Google]
1414115690565.jpg
26 KB, 763x414
>>64482398
>This guy
>>
>>64483028
Shit man, I didn't know Scaruffi started reviewing films.
>>
>>64483008
>destroys his entire life
What did he destroy?
Stops relying on beta cuck dad
Family and schoolmates didn't like him to begin with
Leaves shallow whore
Hopefully leaves shitty job to become a great musician
>>
It wasn't a Hanna Barbera adaption of Birdman so I give zero shits about it
>>
>>64482875
>le 10000000 gorillion year old master who wants too much from the apprentice story NOW WITH DRUMS
>>
Who plays X?
>>
>>64482916
>he was a fucking psycho
Oh god, really? What an insightful thing to say. Fucking cpt obvious get this rock and kill yourself with it.
Just kidding, no offense ;]
>>
Did he really have super powers or he was just imagining it and in the end just commits sudoku by jumping from the window?
>>
>>64482958
Whiplash was better
>>
>>64482441
Both if you have taste
>>
>>64482441
Both if you're an imdb drone that thinks he has an ounce of taste
>>
>>64482398
/tv/: The post.
>>
>>64482319
It's a great film.
>>
>>64483028
Hello reddit how are ya?
>>
I liked Birdman, but i'm rather pleb. I mean, pleb for you. You are big movie guy, you know.
Bravo.
>>
>>64483817
It's a movie at best.
>>
>>64482875
I liked both, but Whiplash definitely was a lot more entertaining.
>>
>>64483902
This
>>
>>64482319
Why the fuck didn't the Norton storyline get any closure?
After Keaton's "suicide" he's nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>64482319
mildly entertaining at times
but mostly a chore to sit through
>>
>>64483028
Based. Pleb /r/movies trash getting blown the fuck out
>>
>>64483934
Birdman had shit writing.
>>
>>64484041
Best picture. Stay mad autist.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.